Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Transit hours & routes for SBXL? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Treez4brkfst
Username: Treez4brkfst

Post Number: 94
Posted From: 68.21.61.1
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know if there will be an increase in busses on routes and if hours will be extended during SBXL? I would love to be able to take the Jefferson bus back n forth and just take the people mover around?

Chris_rohn
Username: Chris_rohn

Post Number: 165
Posted From: 69.214.190.236
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Both DDOT and SMART have notices and schedules regarding super bowl week on their web pages:

http://www.detroitmi.gov/ddot
http://www.smartbus.org

My wife and I are planning on purchasing the $20 system-wide transit passes for the week (2/2-2/6), which are good on all transit options in the Detroit area, including the People Mover and Transit Windsor.

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 394
Posted From: 205.188.116.137
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recall a few years ago that SMART and DDOT had some kind of route sharing agreement on some lines like Woodward and Jefferson where the inbound SMART buses would pick up passengers in Detroit and the outbound SMART buses would allow passengers to exit in Detroit. Is any of this still in place?

Chris_rohn
Username: Chris_rohn

Post Number: 166
Posted From: 69.214.190.236
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On some SMART routes they will pick up in Detroit but not drop off passengers until they reach city limits or whatever point they designate. These operating procedures typically apply before 6pm.

You should also pay attention to whether or not a bus is LIMITED. There are a lot of times when people don't pay attention and climb on a LIMITED bus expecting to be dropped off wherever they want.

It's best to ask the driver if they drop off at your destination before riding.

As far as I know all non-limited DDOT buses pick up & drop off at all stops, but I don't ride DDOT too often so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.