Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Article on 10,000 security personnel for Superbowl « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Silverbeauty
Username: Silverbeauty

Post Number: 8
Posted From: 69.133.93.33
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have mentioned this before, I read it mentioned on another thread today. Drudge finally posted the story that was developing.

Sunday is D-Day.

The FBI and Detroit Police will open one of the largest security operations in U.S. history, guarding against any threats to Super Bowl XL and aided by more than 50 federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.

You can find the whole article here:
http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20060125/SPORT S0106/601250369
Top of pageBottom of page

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 6527
Posted From: 198.208.159.20
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ahve wondered if terrorists thought that an attack on the Ren Cen during SB would make a statement.

Granted I don't live in fear of terrorists but I recall reading that the Ren Cen at one point was listed as one of the top 2-3 potential terrorist targets and coupled with SB it made me think a bit about it.

The thought lasted for about a second and I went back to business as usual but it did come up in my mind/.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.