Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » "downtown" troy on crime alert! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 6616
Posted From: 198.208.159.20
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They should opt out of SMART. We know where ll of these criminals come from.

Livonia-atcha.

:-)

Noggin
Username: Noggin

Post Number: 42
Posted From: 68.40.107.240
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It must be all those homeless people they kicked out of downtown Detroit.

(Message edited by noggin on January 31, 2006)

Chemak
Username: Chemak

Post Number: 47
Posted From: 130.101.48.82
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

damn tourists

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 3123
Posted From: 67.172.95.197
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Time to put Somerset on lockdown. You all remember what helped lead downtown Hudson's to closure, right? :-)

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 714
Posted From: 209.131.7.190
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a woman is sexually assulted and it's funny because it was in a suburb?

you guys are sick. regionalism-atcha

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 1601
Posted From: 4.229.126.147
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you expect anything else Jfried? For a forum that is allegedly populated by open minded people this is really very predictable and small minded.

Clark1mt
Username: Clark1mt

Post Number: 44
Posted From: 4.229.99.186
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The tone of the posts is very light.

Detroitduo
Username: Detroitduo

Post Number: 471
Posted From: 194.138.39.55
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hhmm... Must be running low on the meds, huh?

Jt1

Post Number: 6625
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JFried - I can't speak for everyone else but my comment was in jest about the attitude of many that all crime is either in Detroit or due to Detroiters.

I was not laughing at the victims of the crimes but the regional attitude held by many that they are immune from danger as long as they don't go into Detroit and they keep Detroiters out of their area (unless they are working the minimum wage service jobs)

Citylover

Post Number: 1603
Posted From: 4.229.126.89
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How do you know who commited this particular crime jt1? Seems you are the one stereotyping here..........but that is not why I am posting this.....

With a post that has a smiley face in response to a sexual assault crime you really should be heading up the Detroit welcome wagon society...

Jt1

Post Number: 6631
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CL - Reading comprehension 101. The post was in jest about Livonia opting out of SMART, FH considering (but making a smart choice) and the claims by Mayors like Steenbergh that all of their crime is attrubuted to Detroit.

I figured you would be intelligent enough to pick up the sarcasm and the fact that the smiley face came after a comment about Livonia opting out of SMART.

Sometimes I think I give you too much credit. Can I print off some of your posts and pass them on to children as a reason to not do drugs and the long term effects on someones capability to understand something like sarcasm. In the future I will list my tone whether it be sarcastic, angry, etc so that you will be able to understand the post properly.

I think I have welcomed more people to the city and gone out of my way to help more people in the city then you ever will but I guess you believe that words are more important than actions.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 9848
Posted From: 64.118.137.228
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's only a matter of time before Troy because the next Ann Arbor in terms of crime. LMAO

Jt1

Post Number: 6632
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SSport - You may want to put the tone of your post in it like stage direction in a play. Don't want CL getting confused that you are LYAO at the crime itself and the victim.

He can be a bit slow with sarcasm at times.

But then again it is someone who will dismiss vistims of AA crime as particpants of a deal gone awry.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 9849
Posted From: 64.118.137.228
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More crime in Troy.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/6504496/detail.html

Jfried

Post Number: 715
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know it's mostly sarcasm, but don't you think most suburbanites who make comments about crime in detroit are making them in jest?

Jt1

Post Number: 6637
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is a very fair point JFried. I guess I may get worked up about comments that have the same tone from the other side of the border.

Thanks for putting that persepective on it.

Hooha
Username: Hooha

Post Number: 79
Posted From: 69.81.52.188
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will admit that the title of this thread made me laugh, but these "(insert suburb here) on crime alert" threads are in bad taste. I'm not saying anybody's wishing ill will on suburbanites here, but it does seem like whenever there's crime in the suburbs, there are some on this forum whose first reaction is "yes! didn't happen in Detroit!" followed by an impulse to put an "I told you so" post on here.

And despite what I imply above, Ann Arbor is not a suburb :-)

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 1350
Posted From: 208.44.117.10
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

but don't you think most suburbanites who make comments about crime in detroit are making them in jest?

Not at all. In fact, quite the opposite.

While we all know that Troy and AA are actually safer than Detroit, I dare say that the actions of those who m,ake comments about Detroit crime prove that they are actually fearful of the city, and believe what they are saying.

Either that, or they just hate black people...either way they are full of shit and deserve all of the derisive commentary that is thrown their way.

Jfried

Post Number: 716
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Either that, or they just hate black people...either way they are full of shit and deserve all of the derisive commentary that is thrown their way."

bullshit. maybe "some" people truly believe that, but most are just trying to be funny, or get an easy laugh.

and this other jump in logic that if white people are scared of detroit, they must be scared of black people, or flat out racist is bullshit, too. no, maybe they are afraid of crime (perceived, real, or just what they have heard). but to state that "all" people scared of detroit are racist is ridiculous. or just ignorant.

attitudes like this piss me off almost as much as those of the people who really are racist. if you can't be understanding of the fact that a lot of bad shit has happened here, and a lot of people have a lot of deep seeded frustrations with the city, then you are one of the ignorant ones. living in denial, walking around with this "detroit is my utopia, fuck you if you don't love it, too" attitude is only going to scare more people away.

Citylover

Post Number: 1604
Posted From: 4.229.132.196
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I aint buying it jt1.The spirit of your posts may have been sarcasm but it was a mean sprited sarcasm and very innappropriate.

Btw I sure get the welcome vibe from your posts what a friendly cat you are.

Detroitduo

Post Number: 472
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, wait, I get it...

"if white people are scared of detroit, they must be scared of black people, or flat out racist is bullshit, too. no, maybe they are afraid of crime..."

Sooooo... it's not OK to jumble all scared white people into one package, but it's OK to say someone's fear of DOWNTOWN Detroit is justified because they saw a news report about a car jacking in Palmer Park (6 miles away)?
I love your Golden Standard. No, not double standard, but Golden Standard. "Choose only that which is beneficial to my argument and detrimental to the City of Detroit."

And CL, we already have a Danny. Thanks for submitting your resumè, but the position is already filled. Buh-bye.

Citylover

Post Number: 1608
Posted From: 4.229.126.5
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit duo Detroit has created it's own scenario of what is detrimental to the city.Stop trying to put it on anyone else.If someone is car jacked at 8 mi and Gratiot they see it as Detroit not as being 8 mi's from downtown.When 374 murders are commited in Detroit they see it as Detroit not as no murders were commited downtown_ not a hard concept to grasp DD.

So continue to piss and bicth and moan dd you too are a wonderful ambassador of Detroit with your bordering on paranoia crap.

Jt1

Post Number: 6641
Posted From: 198.208.159.19
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I aint buying it jt1.The spirit of your posts may have been sarcasm but it was a mean sprited sarcasm and very innappropriate.?

I don't really care what you are buying.

quote:

Btw I sure get the welcome vibe from your posts what a friendly cat you are.

So let me get this straight. You come to a pro-Detroit website, you continually bash the city I live in, you speak as though you are an expert on everything Detroit and I am supposed to be welcoming. You are more ridiculous than I thought.

How about I come to your house. Rant endlessly about how shitty your home is, how you are stupid for living there and tell you everything about your home as though I am an expert. Would you offer to take my coat and go out of your way to make me the best drinks and nicest dinner. I strongly doubt that you would.

Detroitduo

Post Number: 483
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1, careful, s/he isn't very good with analogies... or even metaphors for that matter.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 2420
Posted From: 66.202.227.12
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or in that case...even sound logic....

Citylover

Post Number: 1609
Posted From: 4.229.123.141
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your making shit up jt1.Show me anywhere on this forum or anywhere else where I have said you or anyone else is stupid for living in Detroit.

Show me where I have "bashed" Detroit.Any criticism or observation that you find not to your liking you simply can not handle.

The one topic I have been consistent on is crime.If you think that my observation that crime has devastated the city and is still a major factor in why the city is still having difficulties then you are in denial.It is that simple.Crime has hurt Detroit deeply.That is not a far fetched observation and certainly not one that isn't shared by a whole bunch of people.

So instead you resort to very personal insults that do not change one teency-weency little speck the fact, the overwhelming fact that crime has devastated Detroit.

Beyond that please show me where I have bashed anyone or anything.

Jt1

Post Number: 6644
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Your making shit up jt1.Show me anywhere on this forum or anywhere else where I have said you or anyone else is stupid for living in Detroit.

Show me where I have "bashed" Detroit.Any criticism or observation that you find not to your liking you simply can not handle.

Reading through your past shit in the archives. I'll pass. You have made it abundantly clear that your attitude is that beyond history and architecture the city has very little, if anything to offer its citizens. You have also made an obscene number of comments about just about every neighborhood in the city having bars on windows and doors.

quote:

The one topic I have been consistent on is crime.If you think that my observation that crime has devastated the city and is still a major factor in why the city is still having difficulties then you are in denial.It is that simple.Crime has hurt Detroit deeply.That is not a far fetched observation and certainly not one that isn't shared by a whole bunch of people.

And the entire time you ignore the other causes that led to the demise of the city. I guess you could be considered the Energizer bunny banging your drum on this one. The problem is that you dismiss all of the past and the other reasons of flight and segragation in this region to crime. You are the one that is not being entirely honest with yourself.

quote:

So instead you resort to very personal insults that do not change one teency-weency little speck the fact, the overwhelming fact that crime has devastated Detroit.

Hello Pot. How many fuck yous have you thrown in my direction. To be honest from your posts and your history here I am just giving my opinion when I question your reading comprehension and ability to listen to something without reverting to thumping the drum of crime. Just my opinion, I may be wrong. Go through the archives and look at the attacks that you have thrown out. You sure aren't a saint.

quote:

Beyond that please show me where I have bashed anyone or anything.

Reading archives of your posts would be about as enjoyable as sticking a fork in my eye.

Jt1

Post Number: 6646
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now to flip this on you CL and maybe this is a great opportunity to tell me how off base I am.

Can you name reasons why someone should live in the city beyond history and architecture. If not, then the implications are that you do not believe that anyone has a valid reason to live in the city.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.