Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » One Big SE Michigan Family « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 96
Posted From: 68.2.191.57
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One little unpretentious SE Michigan community sacrifices a tradition for the greater good:

From http://www.cityofutica.org/ :

quote:

The Annual Ice Festival has been canceled due to the Ice Carving firms being engaged in commitments for the Super Bowl

Let that little sacrifice reap big rewards! Rock on, Detroit!

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 3142
Posted From: 67.172.95.197
Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't really want to bring this down, but what if their ice carving firms hadn't had engagements at the Super Bowl, do you think they still would have cancelled the festival? I don't know, it sounds like they cancelled their festival not because they didn't want to compete with the Super Bowl festivities, but because most of the sign-ups were actually part of the Super Bowl festivities. Am I alone on this?

Spaceboykelly
Username: Spaceboykelly

Post Number: 122
Posted From: 69.246.30.248
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That website hurts.

Ddaydave
Username: Ddaydave

Post Number: 290
Posted From: 67.149.185.244
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

utica the armpit of macomb county ..

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.