Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » They're coming...... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lt_tom
Username: Lt_tom

Post Number: 64
Posted From: 208.0.107.92
Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yesterday my mom drove to PA to visit my grandma for the weekend. She said there was a non-stop parade of cars with Steelers flags heading in the opposite direction on the turnpike

Haydenth
Username: Haydenth

Post Number: 14
Posted From: 35.11.78.70
Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I walked to the store today, down Cass then down Warren over the Lodge. I saw probably more than 2 dozen Steelers fans in full (drag?) walk by me, in less than a half a mile. I presume they were walking to the shuttle stop on Cass/Putnam.

In fact, last night, during my adventures downtown I don't think I saw a single Seahawks fan, only a plethora of Steelers fans.

Douglasm
Username: Douglasm

Post Number: 483
Posted From: 66.189.188.28
Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I look at the Great Lakes Marine Institute webcam every so often. When I checked today, one of the presets set to look at The Terrible Towel a staffer had mounted just below the weather station at Dossins. They need a #12 for equal time....

www.glmi.org/webcam

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 201
Posted From: 69.47.103.87
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 3:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i heard from a guy i know, who was born and grew up in pa, that there will be people coming in droves for this game. he knows specifically of a group of almost 100 people who are going to get as close to the stadium as they can, set up camp (i.e. grills, tv's, etc...) and just watch the game.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.