Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Take a bow, everyone . . . « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Realitycheck
Username: Realitycheck

Post Number: 273
Posted From: 68.41.173.240
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

. . . everyone who’s hospitable and well-behaved, that is.

quote:

"My grandmother always talked about what a big deal it was to come down to Detroit," said Jeff Anderson, 26, of Howell, who planned to attend a Kid Rock concert Saturday night. "I always wanted, just once, to have the city be like the way it was in her day. This is the closest it's ever been in my life."
- - DetNews front page, Sunday, Feb. 6
w/ photo of line outside American Coney Island

And inside the same paper:

quote:

Many [visitors] said they were surprised to find Metro Detroiters warm and helpful.

"The people of Detroit saw our Seahawk gear and really went out of their way to say hello to us and wish us the best. People went out of their way to make us feel welcome," said Sol Avzaradel, 53, a Seattle resident who came to Detroit with his son, Michael, 22, a student at Seattle University.
- - DetNews, Sunday, Feb. 6

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20060205/SPORT S0106/602050380

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20060205/SPORT S0106/602050356

Eric_c
Username: Eric_c

Post Number: 637
Posted From: 69.220.224.157
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't have ten cents to put toward rehabbing skyscrapers! My 1909 foursquare keeps me in plenty-o-nuthin' - but, someone reading this thread has the ability to help keep the momentum going in a big way. Want 'Chicago'? Build 'Chicago'!

Move your offices Downtown! No excuses! People make the city work!

Naturalsister
Username: Naturalsister

Post Number: 466
Posted From: 70.236.146.210
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree Eric_c, I had the time of my life in Downtown Detroit this weekend - and it ain't over. Once the Steelers win we can party in the streets one more time and give Super Bowl XL a great send-off.

I took it upon myself to extend any form of generosity I could this weekend and had fun doing it. A lot of the folks ended up being from the area and many out-of-towners. All were very grateful.

A whole lot of Americans are going to go home and report what a great time was had in Detroit!!

later - naturalsister

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 458
Posted From: 68.61.98.175
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It has been a wonderful event and I kept swelling up with pride that my city came off so well.

btw, I had lunch at Vincente's yesterday FINALLY - the food was wonderful, the service was leisurely but I was in no hurry and nobody on this thread has ever mentioned what a cutie Vincente himself is! Yow! Kissed my hand! Hey! Hoo!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.