Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Hoots bar on Michigan Ave « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ddaydave
Username: Ddaydave

Post Number: 314
Posted From: 67.149.185.244
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see Hoots opened up in the old Shellys bar on Michigan ave in corktown anyone been in there yet ???
when I get a chance I`m going to stop in but I was wondering what they have done to it and what type of crowd and music is in there now .
I liked shellys but the place seemed to die out the last few years it was open

Adamjab19
Username: Adamjab19

Post Number: 622
Posted From: 24.192.148.148
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went there for lunch last friday and it was pretty good. The service was OK. Our server was a little questionable but very nice! It took a little over an hour for lunch. The food was tasty. I had the half reuben with cup of chicken noodle. Both were good. My friend had the baked Turkey stack on pita. While he said the Turkey was good it didn't come with any sort of dressing. Not sure if it was forgotten or it just doesnt come with any neat dressings and you need to ask for mayo or mustard. My buddy said the cheese burger was really good. Mine was $4.50, buddy with the cheesburger and fries was $5.50 and I think the turkey stack thing was around $5 or $6 with fries. we all left full.

BTW the $1 drinks special when we were there was pucker.

I had never been in Shelly's bar, but it is dark wood inside with one wall I think Blue. They have a few TV's with a piano in the corner. The tables were well spaced out and the bar was rather large.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 678
Posted From: 68.42.170.20
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah how awesome...Shelly's made a lot of cash when Hoots was shut down (more than a few times) for serving to minors. Good kharma that it's hoot's turn to take advantage of a great opportunity!

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 928
Posted From: 69.14.122.204
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's going on with the original Hoot's building on Trumbull?

Drm
Username: Drm

Post Number: 876
Posted From: 68.249.8.3
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 7:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The owners haven't yet decided, but the current thought is to open it only for special events and to rent it out for private parties.

Mudflap
Username: Mudflap

Post Number: 150
Posted From: 69.221.78.226
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I go there Tuesday nights for $1 botttled domestic beer. The food is decent bar food, sandwiches and what not...very reasonably priced.

Drm
Username: Drm

Post Number: 880
Posted From: 68.73.203.185
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agreed... and for those of you that Shelly pissed off, I understand that she no longer has any interest in the place.

(Message edited by DRM on February 24, 2006)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.