Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Kwame's Klaims (2006) « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2364
Posted From: 71.144.85.172
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keeping a running tab of Kilpatrick's bogus claims in 2006:

1. KK now says there is a $400M deficit after previously claiming that there wasn't one, then claiming that it was only between $38M and $100M. If he's admitting to $400M, that must mean it's well over half a billion dollars.

2. The whole Jerome Bettis key to the city fiasco..."only 3 others ever"..."only 3 in the last 20 yrs"..."only 3 since I've been mayor"...none of which turned out to be accurate

3. "When this Navigator story is over the taxpayers won't end up paying a dime"...Steve Wilson found that it was turned in last week with only 1500+ miles on it and the city paying the one yr lease, $24,995...or $17 per mile.

4. All city owned vehicles for appointees will stop. M.L. Elrick found otherwise.

5. The Florida teaching certificate lie.

6. The city taxpayers won't be funding a dime of the Africa trip lie. Now it's reported only to be $600 total for 5 different hotels. When the truth comes out, it will probably show $600 per city.

7. "You won't see me partying"...Playboy, ESPN, etc.

Mw2gs
Username: Mw2gs

Post Number: 157
Posted From: 69.213.86.74
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you have a running tab on George Bush also?

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2369
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mw2gs, it depends on whether you want to debate fact, opinion as fact, or number of other local, state, and federal officials.

Mw2gs

Post Number: 158
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So your answer is no....oh well....carry on

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2370
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So I take it you want to debate opinion as fact then? Well there's room for that too, as long as you are honest about it only being opinion. Somehow though I doubt you will make it an honest discussion.

Once again a big part of the problem in this community Mw2gs, excuse KK's behavior because "it's not your fault"..."everyone else is doing it", "the Whites/suburbanites are out to get him", "he's keeping it real", etc. etc.

Carry on indeed.

Gildas
Username: Gildas

Post Number: 462
Posted From: 69.222.64.169
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

metro,

Don't you know that everything is GWB's fault. It's the broken record of this pathetic region, not to own up to personel responsibility.

Please look at my post on Detroit and Wayne county forclosures, on this thread to see how much is GWB's fault, you might enjoy it.

Cheers!!

Malcom_ecks
Username: Malcom_ecks

Post Number: 47
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey!!!!!!
C'mon Mw2gs and Gildas... dont change the subject here now, Metrodetguy is just starting to roll, so let it roll. If you want to talk about GWB start your own thread.

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 68.62.19.247
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MW2gs,

Who said W was doing a good job? How are the two related?

They are both terrible as far as I am concerned.

The thing about both of them is that they will tell you a lie that you know is a lie, that they know is a lie, and even worse they know you know it is a lie. The go on TV and tell it anyway.

They both think they are smarter than everyone else and the fact that they are both still in office shows that they are actually a lot smarter than most.

Mw2gs

Post Number: 159
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whatever happened to the OC road commissioner who was ARRESTED for DUI? You keeping up with that?

How about the Sterling Heights official who was ARRESTED for cocaine possession? You keeping up with that?

Hey, it just came out that GWB knew about Katrina's predicted devastation after all but lied to everyone. How's that GWB bullshit tab coming along?

Oh well.....carry on

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 9924
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yall just let Kwame be Kwame and go about yo bidness.

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3307
Posted From: 68.73.32.217
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MD, it might be different if you disagreed with KK on policy but you supported his move on the zoo. All Hendrix and you fought against was his pimping personality. That proved insufficient for your candidate.

Come up with a real criticism and then there will be something to discuss.

I can think of plenty starting with the Zoo's privatization.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2373
Posted From: 207.200.116.139
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 3:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

8. (From the 2005 campaign, but affecting life in 2006) "No other community in the Metro Area has bulk trash pick up" (turned out the exact opposite was true).

"Ilovedetroit" AKA not a Detroit resident, AKA not simply a "mere campaign volunteer that hands out fliers (for McPhail nor Kilpatrick), AKA not a Black person as previously claimed, AKA doesn't "make six figures" as previously claimed, AKA none of his/her claims are true...give it up! Jesus Christ indeed!

Brian, you would have been far better off with "hey look over there!".

Mw2gs, hey, it also just came out that LA Gov Blanco said the levees held during as well as right after the storm when they didn't...and all but lied to everyone. How's that Blanco and Nagin bullshit tab coming along?

Oh well.....carry on

321brian

Post Number: 5
Posted From: 209.114.225.8
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mw2gs,

What do those things have to do with Kwame?

Metrodetguy isn't saying every other politician is clean.

I think he is just saying that Kwame has......sort of a track records.

I'm new to the post but is that what you do here?

Deflect away from "ya alls boy" by bringing up what other people have done in hopes that everyone will forget what Kwame has actually done.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8176
Posted From: 67.71.56.18
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good job MDG. Keep your eye on KK. I'm sure there is more that what you have even posted.

The question is...what HAS KK done other than lie, steal, and appoint patronage? Schitt, I would have thought Detroit was Canada.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 158
Posted From: 69.221.67.104
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

when they said "only 3 ppl - key business" I knew that wasn't true...we hand those things out left and right

story about lying on your resume...

http://resume.monster.com/arti cles/resume%5Flies/

Mw2gs

Post Number: 160
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you are going to analyze a political official's track record dont just concentrate on the Mayor of Detroit.

If you are going to analyze nepotism, do it for all city administrations in the region.

If you are going to analyze resumes, do it for all our local city leaders and lets see what comes up.

This is in no way an attempt to deflect away from Mayor Kilpatrick's irresponsible behavior. My question is....why is the mayor of Detroit being singled out? Why are YOU doing that?

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 2107
Posted From: 69.246.57.75
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"why is the mayor of Detroit being singled out?"

RACISM

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2379
Posted From: 70.141.78.111
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mw2gs, I am a DETROIT RESIDENT, not a resident of "all other cities in the region". That is why I am focused on the issues involved in MY city.

If you are going to ask about the "fairness" of examining other government officials, be HONEST about it. (Sterling Heights city manager resume fiasco, LBP drinking and driving, Warren Mayor/Deputy Mayor using their cable station, OC drain comm drinking and driving, etc. were all stories that were extensively covered)

Also be HONEST and don't attempt to equate the scope of a city manager of a smaller suburb with that of a big city mayor.

My question is...(despite your disingenuous "disclaimer") why are you attempting to defend the indefensible actions (listed above) by Kilpatrick?

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3309
Posted From: 68.73.32.15
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MD and other Hendrix supporters are upset because Detroit voters put KK in office and rejected hendrix despite all the things Hendrix and his folks are and have been saying.

Further, the allegations of fraud were proven false which made Hendrix even more embarassed and his supporters left wondering what happened.

So MD and others have gone back to talking about the mayor and have left the actual city issues alone. Its why they lost and why they can't win with this tactic.

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 3516
Posted From: 69.220.69.206
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Brian, even Hendricks has stated that he should have kept a tighter lease on those silly MoFos like MD ..... they cost him votes!! Go figure ....

He had to learn the hard way .....

Black-atcha ....

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 4702
Posted From: 68.41.124.8
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

"why is the mayor of Detroit being singled out?"

RACISM

so only white public officials are allowed to be held accountable for their words and actions?

How convenient it is to play the race card.

Jqls
Username: Jqls

Post Number: 2
Posted From: 68.43.81.255
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice aram. I am just sick of the whole black white thing. It is getting so redundant. Here is the deal, the suburbs do not need detroit to survive but detroit needs the suburbs to survive...generally speaking. KK is not a good mayor and that is a fact. It is also my opinion too. I liked Archer but he had to leave due to all the bullshit in the city. KK does no good for the city but show the rest of america how "he roles" or "those are my peeps". NO WAY for a man to speak especially when you are mayor of the, I believe, ninth largest city in US.

Mw2gs

Post Number: 161
Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jqls...Last time I checked people and jobs were leaving the city, its suburbs, and the state. While you're concerned with who needs who, SE Michigan is getting its ass kicked.

MD....you are not "focused on the issues" of your city. You are stalking the mayor. Why? How's that Barbara Rose-Collins tab coming?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 2109
Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aram - you are a little idiot college student at prestigious U of M what the fuck do you know about racism? Grow up, get in the world and then comment.

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 3517
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny, ILD .... when I spoke with my friends @ ACCESS last week, I was told that Arabs are still getting their asses kicked and being called "Sand Niggers". Of course, The_aram knows all about that racism; being an Arab himself ..... Go figure ..... unless he's become full of self-hatred and turned his back on his people & his heritage to act like a "Wannabe" clone of the European.

Mewonders what his parents think of him????

Black-atcha .....

The_aram

Post Number: 4703
Posted From: 141.213.175.233
Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hm. Try again, Ras. I'm not Arabic.

Methinks you need to take yourself a cultural anthropology course.

White-back-atcha.....

Rosedaleken
Username: Rosedaleken

Post Number: 137
Posted From: 141.213.55.86
Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate to break it to you, but UM has quite a long way before the diversity claims hold any water in the eyes of most minority students. There are active complaints as we speak.

http://insidehighered.com/news /2006/02/06/michigan

Not to mention the racist student org:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M ichigamua

Unfortunately, it's not hard to find racism here.
End threadjack.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 2111
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 12:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank God or Allah or Buddha that Aram is not Arabic - he is too stupid to be anything ethnic.

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 43
Posted From: 69.246.43.231
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 12:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"you are a little idiot college student at prestigious U of M what the fuck do you know about racism?"

Yeah, large diverse public universities are such terrible places to learn about other people and issues dealing with racism. I mean, god forbid one becomes friends with someone of a different race there and learns everything they prejudged about them is wrong.

321brian

Post Number: 7
Posted From: 68.62.19.247
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diversity.

I only have one problem with it. When it is being discussed nobody ever says anything about including White people. Like nobody could ever learn anything from us.

Why don't traditionally black colleges need diversity? Wouldn't someone going to school there who grew up in a mostly black neighborhood benefit from having some Asian , Arab, or White kids around?

If you can get in to school on your scores so be it. If the school has to lower it's admission standards for you then you should probably go somewhere a little less competitive.

Admission standards are there for a reason. Believe it or on colleges want you to stay and do well and believe it or not having admission standards help weed out the kids who won't be able to cut it.

Nobody ever talks about the minority who got in to Michigan because of A.A., flunked out and didn't go back to college because he thought college was too hard.

This should be an entirely different thread. Sorry for going off.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2381
Posted From: 70.141.76.131
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"...he is too stupid to be anything ethnic." -"Ilovedetroit

Funny coming from the same person that claimed to be White...then Black...then White and Black...then White, Black, and Native American...then mixed race...then not identifying with one particular race...then back to White...then back to Black...then back to White again.

And funny that Rasputin is back to using people of Middle Eastern decent (only when it suits his agenda of the moment though). What happend to you attacking them for their gas stations and party stores? And what happend to attacking them in order to promote African Town. They're your "Brown Brothers" again, for the moment.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2382
Posted From: 70.141.76.131
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mw2gs, why are you attempting to defend Kilpatrick's indefensible actions through name calling, changing the subject, lying, etc? Why are you claiming that budget issues, contracts and jobs to unqualified individual (friends and family), bulk trash, etc are not issues that are important? You sound like someone that is (financially) benefiting from an association with Mr. Kilpatrick and willing to say and do anything to protect it.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2422
Posted From: 69.221.77.245
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

9. "I don't know that man (Eric Jones or whatever his name is) in the picture with me". This has carried over from 2005, another drug dealer that gets busted and claims/has mayoral connections. See Scott Lewis's Fox2 report (3/16) about KK's first cousin recently getting busted for drug dealing out of his Dexter Avenue barber shop.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2423
Posted From: 69.221.77.124
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keep this crazy train rolling!...

10. "I will be more open with the media...We have had communication problems" (CH4's M.L. Elrick was reportedly removed from the State of the City Address)

The_aram

Post Number: 4718
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey, ild, justify this sentence:

quote:

he is too stupid to be anything ethnic.

How do you know I'm not ethnic? Because obviously you know so much about me...

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 1791
Posted From: 216.203.223.81
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 2:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some thoughts:
M.L. Elrick works for the freep, methought.
How can one be bothered by Kwame's Bogus claims, and not keep track of George Ws?
Whose bogus claims claimed more lives?
Or are all animals equal, but some "more equal"?
Anyone who claims to have a monopoly on ethnicity, anyone who claims to be an expert on other's ethnicity, anyone who claims to have some sort of authority over who is "more ethnic"
should just be ignored.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2425
Posted From: 207.200.116.139
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 3:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As has been previously said Barnes, it depends on whether you are bothered by debating matters of opinion as fact. If you wish to do so, such as the topic of WMD, it would be honest to include all others (such as the UN, Russia, Great Britain, and even Hussein himself to the world and even his own generals) that also repeated the same assertion that turned out to be inaccurate, or should that matter of fact just be ignored, in order to push the point of opinion as fact?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 2133
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro - I think you can have both Opinion and Fact. In my opinion you are a nut case and I think we have enough factual evidence here to prove that are a nut case!

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2426
Posted From: 70.141.182.124
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ilovedetroit" would that be "your opinion" as a woman or as a man...as a Black person or White, or "Black, White, and Native American", or "mixed race", or "not identifying with one particular race"?

...Or would that be your opinion as a Detroit resident (of 10...12...15 years)...or as a resident of Ferndale, or Pleasant Ridge, or East Africa (as your latest claim goes)?

...Or would that be your opinion as a Kilpatrick supporter, or a McPhail supporter, or a Hendrix supporter, or "was never a Hendrix supporter"?

...Or your opinion as "a blonde woman with a boyfriend"...or a homosexual man?

...Or your opinion as a "middle class, creative class type"...or that of someone making "six-figures in the private sector"?

...Or your opinion as a "mere campaign volunteer that hands out fliers"...or as an "aide at the Mackinac Conference"...or as "McPhail's webmaster"...or as an operative "that attends every event around town"?

...And on and on it goes with you

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 310
Posted From: 69.242.223.42
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe ILD is like that broom that Mickey tried to axe (or was that ask?) in Fantasia, winding up with multiple broomlets...

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 2136
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh Metro - I just needed a good laugh and I knew you would post to my comment...thanks for being consistent!

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2427
Posted From: 70.141.182.124
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Likewise "Ilovedetroit" I knew that you would chime in to defend KK as well as try to attack me for calling you out on your multitude of bogus claims. Thanks for being consistently dishonest.

Barnesfoto

Post Number: 1794
Posted From: 66.2.148.50
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mickey Mouse and the broom in fantasia...I love that ref, because it fits George W. Bush and the Iraq fiasco perfectly.
Anybody been following the mayoral race in Newark?

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 276
Posted From: 68.43.81.191
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Barnesfoto and mw2gs, that's what we call a "red herring." George Bush being a lousy president does not excuse Kwame's corruption and lies, no matter how much you want it to. If you want to bash Bush, feel free to do so in the "Non-Detroit Issues" forum instead of trying to thread-jack this one for Kwame. This is the "Discuss Detroit" forum, Kwame Kilpatrick (not George W Bush) is the mayor of Detroit. Your attempts to defend Kwame by trying to deflect criticism onto an irrelevant topic are pathetic.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 2137
Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actaully Warrior - Give it up. The loser you supported lost...my guess is you live in the burbs anyway.

The_aram

Post Number: 4719
Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, ILD, you want to elaborate on your comments about my ethnicity?

Barnesfoto

Post Number: 1796
Posted From: 66.2.148.61
Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 1:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

uh, warrior, you should read more. (WSU used to have a place in State Hall where they could help you with the reading thing).
Would you please point out where exactly I "defended Kwame" on this board? And if Detroit is part of the USA, then your naked emperor can also be mentioned on this thread, as we the people are directly affected by the incompetence of both.
If you find a barnesfoto statment that is pro-kwame, I'll gladly hire a reading tutor for you for the rest of the month.
Just to reiterate: I don't like Kwame, I don't like how he used the "keeping you safe from THEM" trick to get elected, and I don't expect any of the promises he made to be kept.
Again, note the words "bogus claims" in the title of this thread.
I found the irony irrisistable.
It amazes me that some of are savvy enough to detect the bogus claims of a local politician, while ignoring the bogus claims of national one,
but I guess that it is better to have sight in one eye than to be completely blind.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 2138
Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 7:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aram - I could care less about who or what you are - I already know that you are insensitive and immature.

Opus
Username: Opus

Post Number: 16
Posted From: 72.241.50.213
Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is always entertaining to see the race card thrown into the mix, and used to degrade, when anyone questions Kwame's actions. It is the defacto, omnibus, excuse. You can make every post in the free world about the misadventures of "non-ethnic" (god I love that statement) politicians, but, watch your backside if you post about KK.

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 277
Posted From: 68.43.81.191
Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ilovedetroit, never once did I say that I support George Bush. In fact if you read my post you would have seen that I said that he is a lousy president, but being a lousy president does not give Kwame free reign to run Detroit like his personal fiefdom. I did not support Kwame or George Bush in their respective re-elections, I support fiscal responsibility in government and that's not Kwame and that is certainly not George Bush.

Oh, and Barnes, if you actually went to college, maybe you would know what a red herring is. Logical fallacy: red herring

http://www.nizkor.org/features /fallacies/red-herring.html

A Red Herring is a fallacy in which an irrelevant topic is presented in order to divert attention from the original issue. The basic idea is to "win" an argument by leading attention away from the argument and to another topic. This sort of "reasoning" has the following form:

1. Topic A is under discussion.
2. Topic B is introduced under the guise of being relevant to topic A (when topic B is actually not relevant to topic A).
3. Topic A is abandoned.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because merely changing the topic of discussion hardly counts as an argument against a claim.

Kwame was Topic A, your introduction of George Bush was the irrelevant Topic B.

The_aram

Post Number: 4720
Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Aram - I could care less about who or what you are - I already know that you are insensitive and immature.

It's so easy to make stupid personal attacks on people, and then refuse to base them off of any relevant, tangible facts...

Keep backtracking. It only makes you more credible...

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2428
Posted From: 70.237.162.189
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

11. "I will require all appointees to live in the city."

But up for appointment are the following non-city residents: Walt Watkins of Bloomfield Hills to the Local Development Finance Authority Board of Directors, David Blaszkiewicz to the Downtown Development Authority and Douglass Diggs of Grosse Pointe to the Detroit Brownfield Redevelopment Authority, Economic Development Corporation and Downtown Development Authority.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20060319/M ETRO/603190398&SearchID=732390 43523634

...Nothing against these men (I know 2 of them), they are all extremely well qualified.

Fec
Username: Fec

Post Number: 75
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

11-A. "I will require all appointees to live in the city."

None of his present appointees have moved yet, especially the one grossing a quarter of a millionaire and climbing salary. [Perhaps the $10,000 the appointee is asking for as a pay raise is the amount of his moving expenses.]

You think so?

People, please try your darnest not to throw any red-herrings in on my content . . . I'm just an embarrassed and dissatisfied Concerned Detroiter that's taking a true, critical and open look at my city.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 2141
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh great FEC is back...figures any chance to bash on Kilpatrick and "IT" shows up. Go back under your bridge or post on something other than Hendrix love or Kilpatrick basing. At least Metro can play another tune on occasion.

Fec

Post Number: 76
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know it will be very hard for you to understand and believe, but my stance is all about Detroit. . . its image, its reputation, its character, it livelihood, its posture, its spirit, its intact personality, and all those things that make for a great and beautiful city. No other motive but to see my city obtain a higher level of consciousness.

It's awakening time for me and for all with like minds. If you don't process that spirit, then I feel sorry for you. [excuse me, but I'm not sure if you are a Detroiter that cares. If you're not, then I don't expect this shoe to fit you!]

As far as going back under a bridge, that to, is a part of Detroit and should not be ignored because some may think it's beneath them [get the pun!]

You'll hear from me and my kind and you won't even know what hit!

Look out na!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 2146
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh whatever FEC get off the cross someone else needs the wood! You are drama troll who is out for one thing...to put the mayor down. What do you do that shows your love for this city and its reputation? Posting on here does not qualify!

Fec

Post Number: 78
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, ILoveDetroitMyAss, [I'll call you 'IMaHater' for the time being!]

As I ended my post . . . Look Out Na! We like-spirits will show ya better than we can tell ya!

Beside, IMaHater, this is beyond you and your young man. But remember this, we got more tenure and this set of Babyboomers were here first!

Look Out Na!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 2147
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good lord I guess I need to dust off my voodoo skills and toss a curse at you because you are speaking in tongues to me!

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2429
Posted From: 68.248.12.253
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ilovedetroit" everyone knows of your alleged sexual orientation (well with at least one of your personalities anyway) however, you are really taking this "Detroit Love" of Kilpatrick too far.

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 419
Posted From: 172.153.237.247
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

11. "I will require all appointees to live in the city."

I'm kind of torn on this issue. I think that this policy should apply to paid appointees but that appointees to volunteer positions on various boards and soups should reasonably have a different standard. The participation of suburban residents in Detroit issues and activities promotes the regionalism that we need so much more of.

So this means that Mr. Watkins and Mr. Blaszkiewicz should get a pass. If the mayor wants them and they are qualified (it's been hard over the years to understand the mayoral trust in whatever it is that Mr. Watkins brings to the table), let them serve.

Now, as for Mr. Diggs, if he wants the taxpayers to pay him a salary to head up the Planning Department, he should move to Detroit. Oh wait, but that would mean pulling his kids out of GP public schools, wouldn't it? That would also mean a $3500.00 "insurance tax" on his luxury cars too, wouldn't it? Such a hardship. Too bad. Make the move or forget about the job. Indeed, it's not as if Mr. Diggs' appointment to the Planning Department post came after some national search for the best and brightest. His family's political and legal legacy overshadow any of his planning and development credentials. There are Detroiters who could fill this position.

I'm not sure about it but it also seems that the well-paid Mr. Mercado at DWSD falls into a third category. This suburban resident is paid not only by Detroiters but by the region as a whole. I'm not sure that the mayor should require him to live in the city.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 2149
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I personally think they should all live in the city. The DIA requires you to live in the city and I bet the zoo will to. Of course I think police and fire should to. I would vote for required to...

Fec

Post Number: 79
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Swingline: You have a good point about Mecado. It's fitting that he be able to live in the region that the water department services. Appointees of DeHoCo [Detroit House of Corrections]had that option.

And, surprisingly, I agree with ILDMA: The products of City employees are the city services they produce. You have to take stake in your product, and you need to be apart of the interest in the city that you maintain. As a stakeholder, you are in a rightful position to appreciate and condemn the going-ons in the city when you are a part of it. In essence, you work it and you are dedicated to it!

As to your earlier comment, "what do I do to prove my love for the City". Well, for one, I have made a conscious effort to remain in this city and help to get it to a higher level. Whereas, others have given up, don't give a darn or have decided to leave. Shortly, and very shortly, you will see or hear of attempts to turnaround this city from the ground up!

That's My Love for My City, and what part of this and my previous post do you not understand.

And by the way, where does your Heart lie?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.