Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Woodlawn Cemetery Raises Prices « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 116
Posted From: 4.229.45.145
Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 8:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Accused of cashing in on the death of Rosa Parks:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200 60304/ap_on_re_us/rosa_parks_c emetery

(Message edited by Pam on March 05, 2006)

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 15
Posted From: 69.136.155.244
Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From the article:

".....angering some relatives who say it cheapens her legacy........ When will people stop taking advantage of her legacy?""

A strong case can be made that Ms. Parks' heirs have already cashed in on her legacy by accepting the three crypts for free. The free offer should have raised a warning flag right then and there that the cemetery possibly had ulterior motives.

"No crypts have been sold yet at the new prices."

The cemetery haven't cashed in yet. They can ask for any price they want, but eventually, actual purchase prices will drop to the point where they match customer demand - and apparently, they are already finding out that not too many people are willing to pay that much for a final resting place next to Rosa Parks.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 1891
Posted From: 69.47.101.255
Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Would you really want a plot closer to Mrs. Parks? Does it really matter? Not meaning to denegrate Mrs. Parks by any means but I would think you'd want somewhere a little farther away to avoid the supposed extra traffic wouldn't you? I guess when I visit freinds & family that have gone before me it's a very quiet & personal time for me. The proximity to her final resting place shouldn't be made into an issue.

Harsensis
Username: Harsensis

Post Number: 26
Posted From: 71.227.102.82
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard people are dying to get those spots! sorry couldn't resist.

Adamjab19
Username: Adamjab19

Post Number: 633
Posted From: 24.192.148.148
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't worry there are plenty of other mausoleums that are way more than this.

In Resurrection Cemetery in Clinton Twp. they have a new mausoleum that has two spots underneath a huge bronze statue in the front foyer for 2 million dollars as well as the whole mausoleum to be renamed if they are given the right price.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.