Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » The four dead at the dopehouse « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Cosmogrl
Username: Cosmogrl

Post Number: 6
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It looks like it's going to be some more unsolved murders for Detroit. The city only solves half the murders committed. No wonder people feel so free to just blow someone away.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 2914
Posted From: 70.230.14.200
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Links?

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 553
Posted From: 12.148.245.194
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20060315/NEW S11/60315008

Knocturnal
Username: Knocturnal

Post Number: 94
Posted From: 24.176.50.206
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 2:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

where is super_d's trademark "don't write checks..." quote?... patiently waiting...they all had it coming

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1536
Posted From: 70.236.146.120
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 3:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am curious to see how 321brian, Ddaydave, and Docmo respond to this tragic event. Will they be just as sympathetic about folks dying in and around a drug house as they were for a young woman gunned down on the streets of downtown Detroit? Will their argument be, "Regardless of what illegal activity these four people were involved in, no one deserves to die?" Stay tuned.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 937
Posted From: 64.142.86.133
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 4:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here we go. Should I get it started?

Don't write checks you can't cash.

Or, drug dealers deserve to die.

Blah blah blah.

There was also a shooting in Harper Woods today too.

Is it just me, or does this year seem to be really getting off to a violent start?

Knocturnal
Username: Knocturnal

Post Number: 95
Posted From: 24.176.50.206
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 4:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and then wonder why "y-t" won't come back to the city...

this year has been very violent to date

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 3336
Posted From: 67.172.95.197
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 6:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't see why anyone would expect this year to be any different than the decades past. Metro Detroit has been socially stagnant for decades, now, and will continue to be barring some social and/or economic renaissance/revolution. Forget about people not coming back to the city (or at least as fast as they are leaving), people are leaving the metro, and it is only a matter of time before the metro (MSA) begins to shrink...again.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 1202
Posted From: 69.14.122.57
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 7:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also another senseless shooting death in Rouge Park last evening...

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20060316/M ETRO01/603160438/1006

Royce

Post Number: 1537
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 8:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

People are out of work and tempers are high. Also, an increase in the level of disrespect towards people in general is also very high. Therfore, people out of work or having difficulty making ends meet, along with a high degree of disrespect towards others, leads to more altercations, verbal and physical. The ultimate disrespect being murder. A sign of the times.

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 1670
Posted From: 150.198.150.244
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 8:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Royce please tell me how 4 people being killed while squatting in an illegal drug house is the same as a person being gunned down on a busy street with thousands of people around?

Bagman
Username: Bagman

Post Number: 50
Posted From: 62.163.1.129
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dead is Dead!

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 3802
Posted From: 141.217.174.229
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those DEAD(C)KRAK HEADS are still out the ghettos of Detroit.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8264
Posted From: 70.53.97.44
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

4 died due to their habits and where they were and another died because they bumped into somebody. Very big differences and if you can't see that then you are either blind or immune to the violence that surrounds you.

Sure, the 4 people who died didn't deserve to but if you play with fire you will eventually get burned.

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 77
Posted From: 68.62.19.247
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, Royce. Wouldn't you agree these curcumstances were a little different? The Girl who got shot Super Bowl week didn't get shot any of the times she went to 'drug houses".

The people who got shot yesterday were in an enviroment very few of us have ever been in. An environment where violence and shootings are common.
The girl who got shot Super Bowl week got shot in an enviroment very many of us were in at the exact time of the shooting. Not one where violence and gun play is the norm.

That is the difference.

If she had been shot in a drug house. Which was possible with her past. I wouldn't have felt as strongly.

The Rouge Park shooting sounds fishy.

Atl_runner
Username: Atl_runner

Post Number: 1850
Posted From: 24.98.116.13
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

an increase in the level of disrespect towards people in general is also very high.

Always amazed me that disrespect is enough to kill someone in some cultures. Reminds me of a double homicide in the Buckhead district of Atlanta. Two young black men were across the street from each other, some words were exchanged, guns were pulled and each got off a fatal shot. The last words out of one of the shooters mouths.. "don't be disrespecting me"

What is up with that anyway?

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 3803
Posted From: 141.217.174.229
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is why the Black race is a endangered exploited species.

Funkycarrie
Username: Funkycarrie

Post Number: 192
Posted From: 69.208.32.222
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the whole disrespect issue that has been running rampant here and in other parts of the country is what makes me want to live out in the middle of nowhere, where I can keep to myself and be happy without anyone hating me for it.

I feel like Detroit is my alcoholic ex-lover, I love you baby, but I need to get the hell away from you and your jacked up ways!

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 764
Posted From: 208.39.170.77
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

the whole disrespect issue that has been running rampant here and in other parts of the country is what makes me want to live out in the middle of nowhere, where I can keep to myself and be happy without anyone hating me for it.

Watch a Council meeting and count how many times the word "disrespect" is used.

You'll lose count.

Funkycarrie
Username: Funkycarrie

Post Number: 193
Posted From: 69.208.32.222
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Susanarosa....I can only imagine. Funny how it works out that way, eh?

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 4717
Posted From: 141.213.175.233
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Watch a Council meeting and count how many times the word "disrespect" is used.

You'll lose count.

It's also unwise to disrespect their headwear as well.

Jdkeepsmiling
Username: Jdkeepsmiling

Post Number: 55
Posted From: 208.50.91.234
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tear that shcittttttttt down!

Solarflare
Username: Solarflare

Post Number: 399
Posted From: 63.69.106.29
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

please tell me how 4 people being killed while squatting in an illegal drug house is the same as a person being gunned down on a busy street with thousands of people around?

Well, they were both cases where a witness in a court case was killed. Mybe they are more similar than they appear on the surface.

what is this Bogota? Lot's of witnesses ending up dead lately.

Cosmogrl

Post Number: 7
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, at least channels 4 and 7 ran it at the top of their news. Usually stuff like this get buried. But since it was a quadruple homicide I guess they felt they had to report on it. It will probably be the last report since I doubt they will find the gunmen. It's always the same, "I'm standing outside this crack house at blah blah," and there is not much else to say. Just more senseless violence that will likely continue. But yeah, they were in the wrong place doing the wrong thing. They didn't deserve to die, but if you engage in that kind of activity you are putting your life on the line.

Royce

Post Number: 1538
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 7:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just find it interesting that people in a drug house die and many accept that their behavior led to their demise. Yet when a small town white-girl gets gunned down in the big city, few want to accept the POSSIBILITY that her behavior led to her demise.

These people were somebody's son and daughter, somebody's brother and sister, and somebody's mother and father. Who knows if they weren't innocent by-standers who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time? They probably weren't. However, a senseless death is a senseless death regardless of who it is, right?

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 3338
Posted From: 67.172.95.197
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Royce, I hope you use that same sympathy you're using now in ALL murders. Don't call others a hypocrit (and you're really trying to incite something), when you know you're one, yourself, on issues of equally senseless muders. People, in general, have less sympathy for drug addicts, and that's always been the American Way as sick as that is.

1honey
Username: 1honey

Post Number: 99
Posted From: 205.188.116.137
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Rouge Park shooting was fishy. Dude got killed over a girl. From what I heard on the news is that the shooter turned himself in at the 6th or whatever they call the police stations these days.

Sad days in Detroit, indeed.

Goat

Post Number: 8272
Posted From: 67.71.56.83
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fuck are you dumb Royce.
Do you really think some guy is going to "off" some chick in a crowd of thousands because she tesified against someone?
And those in a "known" (if it's known why didn't the police shut it down?) drug house are killed are usually killed because of the actions going on at the house. (Innocent bystanders are NOT found in the house and one who came out through the window).

But I digress...it was RACISM. We wanted the white chick to live and wanted the black folks to die. Fucking unbelievable!

Royce

Post Number: 1539
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What if the people in the house were squatters and only there to get out of the elements. Then here comes a rival drug dealer thinking that these were the actual drug dealers of the house. Bang. Bang. They're dead. Innocent by-standers. Wow, how some of you are so narrow-minded. Oh, but if it's a white girl.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 765
Posted From: 70.236.168.226
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do we know the folks in the drug house were black? I didn't even know that they identified the deceased yet... or are we just assuming that since they were in a drug house they were black?

Also, did you see the drug house, and the drug house neighborhood? We not talking about a half-standing, burned out shell. That's a nice neighborhood and it looked like a nice house. I doubt some homeless folks were just walking down Sorrento and decided to chill out in this random "abandoned" house....

Super_d
Username: Super_d

Post Number: 769
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Royce'__ this is how 'they' 'roll'. Dig this;

By reducing the meaning to the pathologies of the underclass and Black community eliminates 'them' from displaying social rage.

The rules of sympathy are in effect only when 'they' are applied to a world of experience that 'they' are familiar with.

It is difficult for 'them' to grasp because most of 'they' remain trapped in their myopic framework of the dominant amerikkkana society, or what is accepted as good or white right.

super d(motordetroit)

Royce

Post Number: 1543
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dig what you're sayin', Super_d.

Eastside
Username: Eastside

Post Number: 823
Posted From: 69.246.10.58
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 3:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you know what I'm saying? N***** who get caught with they pants down in dope houses get killed. Thats a street rule fo sure.

Jfre66_77
Username: Jfre66_77

Post Number: 17
Posted From: 12.15.1.161
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 9:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Five people dead and all this thread does is deteriorate into the same "we vs. they" - "black vs. white" babble that we find on almost every other thread. What a shock.....

Goat

Post Number: 8274
Posted From: 70.53.96.49
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"They should know how to roll in the "D" remember Super_D? "They didn't have the steeet smarts so now they are dead."
That pretty much sums up what you have been saying on here for a while doesn't it?

...blah, blah, blah.

Jimelnino
Username: Jimelnino

Post Number: 359
Posted From: 66.72.149.78
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I gotta agree with Susanrosa here, 4 people just happen to be in a known drug house at the same time, that doesn't seem very random to me. No matter what the circumstances are, its always sad when anyone is a victim of violence anywhere.

Super_d

Post Number: 770
Posted From: 69.246.121.147
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goat, You quoted me as saying,

quote:

"They didn't have the street smarts so now they are dead."

I never said that, and I think you know that! Maybe you don't understand, but please don't reduce my comments for the sake of foolishness!

'Goat' the fact is, we cannot ignore the cultural realities of the Black underclass and the Black disadvantaged.

It's easy to condemn immoral acts, but we also need to be cognizant of the circumstances that those of less fortune are born under and which they live.

With that said__ why is it so hard to understand that there are certain survival rules for living in the city or any other place in amerikkka for that matter? The realities are real.

We (Black Africans) have been playing by 'white rules' deployed against us for over 400 years!

super d(motordetroit)

Goat

Post Number: 8280
Posted From: 70.53.97.231
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I stated that it sums up what you have said in the past.
I agree with your last paragraph. But that doesn't mean because a person is poor they should get hooked on drugs or kill for the sake of killing. The choices made are still choices made. The majority of poor people don't kill and don't break laws. So why are we giving these people the benefit of the doubt? Beijng in a drug house usually means you are there for one reason only. Accidental or circumstantial? I say the latter.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 2938
Posted From: 69.218.153.218
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Super_d,

quote:

We (Black Africans) have been playing by 'white rules' deployed against us for over 400 years!

It's a bitch out there for most people to survive.
Ain't just about white vs black, male vs female, etc.

Why fall into the trap what has happened in the past determines your destiny?

My belief is what happened in the past does not make what happens in the future if we care to change.

The 40 acres and a mule philosophy no longer applies. We're now fighting for the same jobs, positions, whatever, it's now can"the best man win"

Doesn't our current Secretary of State, despite my abhorrence of her politics, show you there is a change coming?

Miss_cleo
Username: Miss_cleo

Post Number: 120
Posted From: 69.47.85.139
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

big deal, women have been under mens thumbs for far longer than that, put on your ig girl panties and deal with it

Stipes
Username: Stipes

Post Number: 29
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Royce,,tell me if I'm wrong,,,but seems like the media dont give a damn about anyone getting shot,,killed unless your white,,come from a well to do family...I get so f***ing tired of Fox news when they was playing about the girl that just vanished,,in some bumfuck island on a trip..Well it was like they kept hanging on to it till it got so old,,but I know it's a sad thing to lose your child,,but they seem to dont give a shit about alot of us dowm home plane folks that works to survive and our familys and friends,,,oh,,,just another someone else got shot in Detroit,,oh,,they was poor,,,middle class,,skip that one for headline....

Super_d

Post Number: 771
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Miss_cleo', your not serious! Are you?

super d(motordetroit)

Cosmogrl

Post Number: 27
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If they reported every murder in Detroit the news would run over!! There is just too much of it. Come on people wake up. People from the burbs getting killed does not happen often, so it gets reported. Plain and simple. It's NOT RACISM!!

Cosmogrl

Post Number: 28
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plus they dont wanna scare off people from coming to Detroit. If it was murder at the top of every story....yeek.

Bertz
Username: Bertz

Post Number: 540
Posted From: 68.61.15.89
Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Super_d, when the Order of Death seizes control of this county and possibly the world, race relations will be the least of your or my worries.

English
Username: English

Post Number: 498
Posted From: 69.221.72.22
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As long as I've been posting/lurking here, I cannot believe this thread.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.