Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Boblo Boat Ste. Claire « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Margarite
Username: Margarite

Post Number: 40
Posted From: 216.0.94.130
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Posted on behalf of Diane Devon. Although not docked in Detroit the Ste. Claire is part of Detroit's history and could use our support:

"The Bob-Lo Boat Ste. Claire has been in River Rouge since last August. Many of you contacted us over the last year about being able to tour her or attend our fall event, the Nautical Nightmare Haunted House.

On Tuesday evening, the River Rouge city council will be voting to keep the Bob-Lo Boat in River Rouge. Public opinion is critically important. What is important to River Rouge is that Nautical Nightmare and the upcoming events planned on the ship will be drawing people to the city. Tourism is a critical component of the value we bring to the city.

We are asking for your support by e-mailing the mayor of River Rouge with your comments. You should include where you are from and whether or not you have visited the boat in River Rouge or intend to do so this summer or fall for Nautical Nightmare. We will be hosting many events including concerts, parties and holiday celebrations aboard the boat this summer. Your e-mail is critical to our vote and our home in River Rouge!!!!

Please copy me on all your e-mails so I can take them with me on Tuesday night to the council meeting. If you would like to personally attend (in addition to your e-mail) the address is 10600 West Jefferson, 2nd floor. (Corner of W. Jefferson and Coolidge). Plan to arrive by 7:30pm. Look for the Bob-Lo Boat T-shirts!

E-mail now to mbowdler@cityofriverrouge.com Subject is Keep the Boblo Boat in River Rouge.

copy me at dianee2499@yahoo.com

Finally, forward this e-mail to all on your distribution lists. We need to be heard loud and clear!!!!"

(Message edited by margarite on March 20, 2006)

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 991
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will send an email showing my support.

Ptero
Username: Ptero

Post Number: 22
Posted From: 4.229.66.29
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great. emails sent.

"She is an important piece of Southeast Michigan's history. She is an important piece of my personal history."

Bertz
Username: Bertz

Post Number: 537
Posted From: 68.61.15.89
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone have the latest scoop on the SS Colombia?

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 1213
Posted From: 140.244.107.151
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Update on the Columbia from the Riverfront Conservancy: http://www.detroitriverfront.o rg/index.asp?item=122&name=The %20DRC%20Home%20Page&site=5

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.