Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Question about Belding Cleaners in Grosse Pointe Park « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 82
Posted From: 66.238.170.31
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My wife swears by Belding Cleaners in Grosse Pointe Park (on Kercheval)--they aren't cheap, but they have cleaned any stains that she has ever given them.

However...on Saturday, she dropped off some dry cleaning to them and was waited on by a white guy (my wife is African-American) and was told that they now have a policy where you have to put down a deposit of 1/2 of the bill up front. She was taken aback at this and asked the guy how long they've had the policy and he said it has been in place for a couple of months.

She has always been waited on by another black lady there and never had to pay a deposit before this (although it has been a few months since she was last there).

She understandably doesn't want to go there anymore, but I want to find out if this really is their policy or if it is just in place "unoffically" for blacks and/or Detroiters.

Does anyone else on here go to them, and have you had to put down a deposit? Thanks for any insight.

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 49
Posted From: 152.160.42.163
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't go there so this may or may not help but I have been to a few different cleaners that want you to pay up front, that way you are more likely to pick up your clothes. Cleaners have little storage space and get frustrated by people who drop off their winter clothes and pick them up 6 months later.

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 748
Posted From: 209.131.7.190
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. Belding always treated Lisa Turtle the same as the rest of the gang, so I don't think he's racist.

You're talking about saved by the bell, right?

go bayside!

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 7033
Posted From: 198.208.251.24
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But you cuold just tell that he disliked AC Slater. He may have been fine with black students but I am pretty confident he was anti-Hispanic.

:-)

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 595
Posted From: 65.221.183.120
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I actually live with my wife and son on Lakepointe (the cross street with Kercheval where Belding is) and my wife also swears by them for "better" clothes to have dry cleaned. They have asked her for 1/2 as well and we are both caucasion.

Track75
Username: Track75

Post Number: 2258
Posted From: 12.75.21.182
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Call 'em and ask, (313) 822-5800.

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 876
Posted From: 146.9.52.50
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not gonna call 'em. You call 'em.

I'm not gonna call 'em.

I know, let's get Mikey...He's call anyone.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.