Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Detroit Bashing in the Burbs Not Good « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Hamtramck_steve
Username: Hamtramck_steve

Post Number: 2813
Posted From: 136.181.195.65
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Macomb County board Chairwoman Nancy White bashed the Detroit-bashing done by suburbanites, saying it has damaged the regional goodwill created by this year's Super Bowl preparations.

"People out in the masses, no matter what they say, I believe they are anti-Detroit," said White, a Clinton Township Democrat.

From today's Macomb Daily, which is not exactly a pro-Detroit newspaper. Or pro-accuracy, either (but that's a separate thread).

http://www.macombdaily.com/sto ries/032106/loc_white001.shtml

Username: 1953

Post Number: 734
Posted From: 209.104.146.146
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In defense of the Macomb Daily, which I read daily, they have a great business section. Better than the Free Press even.

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 1678
Posted From: 150.198.150.244
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I suggest a letter writing campaign thanking Nancy White for her kind words. I e-mailed Dabirch and he has agreed to proof read all the e-mails or letters.

Hamtramck_steve

Post Number: 2814
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The business section is generally wire reports, which might explain the quality.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8294
Posted From: 70.53.99.245
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The region needs more people like her (on both sides of the fence..Anti-Detroit, anti-suburbs) to speak out about this nonsense.

I will send all letters to Ndavies after Dabirch proof reads the comments so that we can make sure there are no duplicates.

(Message edited by GOAT on March 21, 2006)

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 7022
Posted From: 198.208.251.24
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good for Chairwoman White. Let's all identify the problems on both sides of the fence and work to correct them.

Kudos to you Chairwoman White.

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1024
Posted From: 136.1.1.154
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

... White pointed to criticisms over Detroit water rate hikes for the suburbs and a renewed attempt in Lansing to impose suburban control over the Detroit water board. White said these critics ignore the track record of the Detroit water system, which she called "one of the best in the nation."

The three counties, she added, are "so intertwined socially, culturally and economically" that collaborative approaches to common problems should be the norm.

"We do need to work together in southeast Michigan," she said, "because if we don't, none of us is going to make it."

Nice article.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 9950
Posted From: 64.118.137.226
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go White girl, Go White girl, Go White girl. :-)

Wsukid
Username: Wsukid

Post Number: 142
Posted From: 69.14.145.38
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its so good to hear from another regional leader that wants to work together instead of divide. I am so tired of hearing the negative crap that LBP and others like Shirley Johnson, and Craig Deroche say.

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 4730
Posted From: 141.213.175.233
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And yet suburb-bashing from Detroiters is encouraged and tolerated.

Naturalsister
Username: Naturalsister

Post Number: 536
Posted From: 69.212.45.176
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

uh-Yeah!

later - naturalsister

Jt1

Post Number: 7030
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

And yet suburb-bashing from Detroiters is encouraged and tolerated.

Aram completely misses the point. She is stating that there is too much Detroit bashing yet you never seem to acknowledge that.

Could we ease up on some suburbs? Absolutely. Have I seen you critical of comments that are as anti-Detroit as they come either on this board on in local media? Nope.

Douglasm
Username: Douglasm

Post Number: 502
Posted From: 66.189.188.28
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Question.....

....most of the growling about Detroit seems to come from Oakland and Macomb Counties, correct? Does any grumbling come from western Wayne County?

One of the theories as to why Bellevue and Seattle haven't murdered each other is that they're both in King County. The folks north of there, in Snohomish County (Everett) are a different story when it comes to their southern neighbor.

Sparty
Username: Sparty

Post Number: 194
Posted From: 12.34.51.20
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When is the macomb county executive quoted about anything? This story is refreshing...LBP isn't the voice of the suburbs...I don't know why so many media outlets go to him after Detroit's latest screw up...

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 3820
Posted From: 141.217.174.229
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAH!!! The suburbantopians bash Detroit everyday! The bash the black-folks in the ghettos, They bash KING KWAME, They even bash the city "CLOWNSIL". It's one of main symptoms of invicible segregation of the urban American cities.

Eric
Username: Eric

Post Number: 373
Posted From: 35.11.210.161
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why go for reason when you can get LBP to stir the pot even more?

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 494
Posted From: 68.2.191.57
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought Macomb County didn't have an executive. Nancy M. White is the Chair of the Board of Commissioners. I'm glad to hear her speak up on this.

Hamtramck_steve

Post Number: 2817
Posted From: 69.209.177.70
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Talking about an "Executive" for Macomb County is a very touchy subject for some people on the county commission, and even to some of the political gadflys.

Every once in a while, somebody will suggest that Macomb should switch to an elected executive style of management, like every other major metropolis on the planet.

The gadflys and others sputter around like you're suggesting they sell their mother to pay the rent.

Then comes the indignation that you're suggesting Macomb County is not an island unto itself.

They dissolve into muttering about how Macomb County is not part of a big city, blah blah blah.

Jack Brandenburg and his daughter Nicolyn are two of the biggest offenders, along with Mike Sessa.

Motorcitymayor2026
Username: Motorcitymayor2026

Post Number: 617
Posted From: 24.231.189.137
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no Detroit-bashing from this suburbanite :-)

I do get SOO sick and tired of hearing all the detroit bashing around here though. Im doing my best to convert them...and I have been able to convert quite a few of the younger crowd... Ill keep on keepin on in Brighton, till i can move to the city

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 496
Posted From: 68.2.191.57
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hamtramck_steve, thanks. I wasn't aware of that touchy subject. I'm here to learn!

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 749
Posted From: 209.131.7.190
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this happens every 10 years, or so, but there is a huge push mounting by a coalition of the county's chambers of commerce for an executive. hamsteve is right about those big names who oppose it, but there are several key business leaders who have a good chance to make it happen this time.

nancy white does see the big picture, but it's her lack of any real authority that stops her from making anything happen.

Jt1

Post Number: 7035
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

nancy white does see the big picture, but it's her lack of any real authority that stops her from making anything happen.

I agree she may not have enough power to make something happen immediately. She does however have a voice that can make it to the local media. It seems that the people in SE Michigan put a lot of stock in what their leaders say (whether they are right or wrong) so I a voice of reason may fall on some deaf ears but it may also make some people think a little about the harm that lack of regionalism and bashing the city/suburb can do.

I commend her for making comments that may not be loved by her peers and some of her constituents.

Her voice will be heard by many more than mine so I am happy she is using it to get out a positive message.

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 838
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That and all of Macomb County contributes to SMART.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 3459
Posted From: 67.172.95.197
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 7:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just thought I'd post a reply I recieved back from Ms. White via Patti Dib, her Assistant, after I wrote her a letter thanking her for her "big picture" view:

Dear (my name),

Chair Nancy White asked me to respond to your email on her behalf.

She appreciates your comments. Nancy is absolutely committed to the success of this region as a whole. She is working closely with her colleagues in Wayne, Oakland and Detroit to try to get the message across that individual achievements are much greater when they benefit the entire region. The Super Bowl experience was an excellent example of this and proves that regional cooperation and collaboration is attainable and can be very successful. It's time to stop the "us" and "them" attitude and start using "we" when approaching issues.

Thank you again for letting Chair White know what you think. She appreciates your feedback.

Patti Dib
Assistant to Nancy White, Chair, Macomb County Commissioners
patti.dib@macombcountymi.gov

------------------------------ -------------------

I'm surprised I got a reply back, and a reply that's not one of those pre-written mass emails thanking me for my time. Hopefully, post LBP, we'll finally see some meaningful cooperation in Oakland County. Ms. White made a very good comment that everyone should remember:

"..that individual achievements are much greater when they benefit the entire region."

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 3328
Posted From: 68.250.2.251
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Suburb bashing in Detroit, also not good.

Jjw
Username: Jjw

Post Number: 68
Posted From: 68.33.56.156
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the macomb county paper has a better business section than the free press??? ----totally bizarre comment

Danny

Post Number: 3897
Posted From: 141.217.174.229
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Mayor of White Detroit L.B. Patterson said that Detroit city council is ONE BIG DETROIT ZOO! Acting like animals. He did a lot of Detroit bashing especially bashing poor Black Detroiters for years. He even bash KING KWAME calling him a BIG FAT THUG OF A COON SIZE APE! in his thoughts, but not public when the media dogs are barking.

(Message edited by danny on April 03, 2006)

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 92
Posted From: 209.220.229.254
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uh...

I don't particularly care for LBP, but you can read his thoughts?

Is he gay too?

Bongman
Username: Bongman

Post Number: 994
Posted From: 198.111.56.128
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is some political movement going on Macomb County....positive things for a change. Mike Sessa lost his County Commissioner positon to a young Democrat. The cronyism at the County level is finally being exposed. Sessa's groups like the Taxpayer Association and "The Gun Owner's of Macomb County" are also finally being recognized as nothing more than good olde boy networks interested in keeping the status quo. The ethnic make-up of Macomb neighborhoods are quickly changing too. People moving in are younger, carry less baggage, and for the most part more tolerant than those who left, sold, or died. Macomb has a long way to go...but there has been progress.

Hamtramck_steve

Post Number: 2855
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The cronyism at the County level is finally being exposed."

Heh. You should hear the scuttlebutt around Circuit Court about the two open judge seats. The nightmare scenario has David Viviano taking the bench alongside his senile father.

Bongman

Post Number: 995
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heh. You should hear the scuttlebutt around Circuit Court about the two open judge seats. The nightmare scenario has David Viviano taking the bench alongside his senile father.
------------------------------ -------------------
Someone suggested in Sunday's Macomb Daily that Former Sheriff Hackel should be appointed to one of those positions. Geniuses !!

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 66
Posted From: 68.43.107.72
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Former Sherrif Hackel? I thought the crosseyed bastard was still in office.

Bongman

Post Number: 996
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Senior Hackel....The convicted felon. He couldn't be Sherrif any longer than 27 years...so the good old boys did the next best thing...they hired his chip-off-the-old block and very intense son. LOL...if his department keeps expanding their jurisdiction, you'll have Macomb's lst County Executive by default.

Oustevie
Username: Oustevie

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 69.215.201.102
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's my words of wisdom...

There is so much work to be done in Detroit. And if all of us don't just shut up and start working together, it's never going to be done. No one should be applauded for making a comment against the suburbs or Detroit. We can't make all of this rhetoric our focus. Our focus has to be making this city a better place. Let's face it, both entities couldn't survive without eachother. The suburbs were built from the wealth of the city, and the wealth of the suburbs helps keep the city breathing in its current state.

These are just some thoughts. I'm a new poster, and I wanted to let you all know about my radio show -- this week we're discussing how Detroit can make a change for the better. It's from 4-5 on 88.3 WXOU (Oakland University College Radio). You can tune into that frequency or catch our live webstream online at www.wxou.org. We'd love to hear from you.

Mikesessajr
Username: Mikesessajr

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 68.42.92.56
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Bongman - whatever your puttin in that bong is killin most of your brain cells! Lay off the stuff bro! You haven't the slightest idea of what your talking about and I hope people in this forum are not so gullible as to believe what your saying.

Now get this straight. There's two Mike Sessa's. My Dad who was the County Commissioner and still is the Chairman of the Macomb County Taxpayers Association. And then there's me Mike Sessa Jr. The founder of the Gun Owners of Macomb County! Two distinct different persons i.e. father and son. And two distinctly different quasi political groups.

Let's look at what you said: "Sessa's groups like the Taxpayer Association and "The Gun Owner's of Macomb County" are also finally being recognized as nothing more than good olde boy networks interested in keeping the status quo."

Good ol boy networks interested in keeping the status quo? I don't think so. Interested in keeping our taxes at manageable payable levels and preserving constitutional rights yes. Supporting politicians who uphold these principles yes. If one of them - as you call em "good ol boys" go's against these principles then we will go against them simple as that. It's the American way!

Now let's talk about the good ol boy network now that you've brought it up. This requires we talk about how my dad lost his Commission seat to a so-called young Democrat.

My Dad lost his seat not because of a changing ethnic makeup of a neighborhood or younger people moving in and the older folks dying! He lost it because for years and years the good ol boy network of the Democrat party i.e. Brewer, Bonior, Bruley and perhaps others gerrymandered my Dads district a couple of times in order to put my Dad at a disadvantage and beat him that way since they could not do it any other way.

For those of you who do not know what gerrymandering is it is the redrawing of the district boundary lines to arrange election districts so as to give an unfair advantage to the party in power by means of a redistribution act, and so to manipulate constituencies generally, or arrange any political measure, with a view to an unfair party advantage.

My Dads district was redrawn twice and he was re-elected over and over again in the redrawn districts to the dismay of the Democrats.

Now let's take a look at what happened in this last election in which my Dad was beaten. And let's look at the redrawn district in which the Democrats manipulated a consituency for their own advantage!

This latest redrawn district included all of Harrison Twp, a small part of St. Clair Shores and a small primarily all black community of Clinton Twp. I say black because this is the engineered gerrymadered manipulated community the Bonior Democrats relied upon to take my Dad out with.

Now we're going to talk a little exploitation of the black community by the Good Ol Boy network of the Bonior/Bruley/whatever welfare state Democrat party.

Bonior recruits a so-called young Democrat as you call him who is a white guy with a black girlfriend! A perfect candidate to exploit the Clinton Twp black community with. Black girlfriend goes door to door in black community and locks up this section of the gerrymandered district for her white boyfriend.

Well not really as the people in this community are practically Democrats anyways and they are largely a poorer community easily exploited into hating Republicans because John Kerry or Al Gore or Bill Clinton or Bonior or Bruley or some other welfare state Democrat told em to hate Republicans and especially conservative ones.

So the perfect storm of manipulated elections happens and Mike Sessa, my Dad gets beat. Let's look a little closer and I have analyzed how this happened and even anticipated it might happen.

John F. Kerry makes all kinds of welfare state promises he can't keep and panders to the ethnic communities for their votes. He does a pretty good job of dividing the people, martialing and mobilizing his base of support. And guess what happens in this all black community in Clinton Twp? They come out to vote in mass. And guess who they vote for? Kerry and the young Democrat as you call him. Three precincts in Clinton Twp turning out to vote primarily for Kerry and the Democrat ticket is what upset the normal Mike Sessa winning balance in the redrawn district. This is evidenced by looking at the few Bush votes going to my Dad and the Kerry votes going for your young Democrat.

So the moral of this election story is the good ol boy network persevered and eventually prevailed. They finally managed to beat Mike Sessa and certainly not fairly and squarely thats a fact!

Let's look at the guy who won the election. The young Democrat as you say. What's he done for that black community he exploited? Nothing. He should have done something as he owes them that much. Whats he done for the rest of the district? Nothing. People can't get him to do anything that I'm aware of.

He didn't find the money to fix their roads or fix their roads as my Dad did that for that community.

The guy's really done nothing except maybe help that good ol boy network beat Mike Sessa. This guy will be lucky to even finish his term of office! If you ask me he has not served the people of his district, in fact he's done them a grave dis-service in doing nothing!

This guy took a bunch of people for a ride and they can thank the good ol boy Bonior / Bruley/ Brewer Democrat Party for that one.

And what have the people lost - a fine public servant who refused to take campaign contributions from the big special interest groups and the unions. A man who has principles and served all elements of his district. A guy who solved thousands of problems for taxpayers in his district. The list of acomplishments is huge. The people lost they did not gain a thing. This is the net affect of your good old boy network!

People like yourself should be more astute as to what's really going on in some of these campaigns. You need to look at who's buying these elections. If you were to do a little research on this specific young Democrat you would find most of his campaign cash came from outside this political district. From outside Macomb County even! The interests writing this guys checks have ties to the typical labor groups, unions, etc and a communist party group!

I advised my Dad we should have reported the facts and background that was known about what this guy and the Bonior Axis was doing to the voters. My Dad being the fair man that he is refused, perceiving that as being a negative campaign. I suggested we go negative but he would not go there - that tells you what kind of man he really is.

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 896
Posted From: 69.221.67.48
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad to see the Young Republicans of Macomb County have found the Forum ...

Jt1

Post Number: 7181
Posted From: 198.208.159.18
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My daddy got screwed - boo hoo!!

Drdetroit
Username: Drdetroit

Post Number: 32
Posted From: 69.219.20.60
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chip off the ole block TRASH.!!! No doubt about it.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2002
Posted From: 4.229.90.109
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Recently I met an elderly suburban woman who proudly stated that she hadn't been to Detroit in 30 years. I told here not to say that too loudly, since it made her sound like Jethro Bodine, who was proud to have graduated from the 6th grade....

Bongman

Post Number: 1020
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heh...struck a nerve.

It sure is funny watching your old man still trying to play politics with a fishing hole ! Wasn't he the same guy who was foaming from the mouth over a DNR boat launch on Jefferson ? Oh the irony. Funny thing is, that boat launch is kept up and more presentable than any of those marinas, including the one owned by H.T.'s sacred families. I considered the whole event a blessing to the community. Those rich folks don't give me access to their canals.

It amazes me that a town wothout a library, a police force, a recreation dept., decent government facilities, or parks, has the pompousness to constantly compare themselves to Detroit & Mt. Clemens. Culture to your kind is a gated fence surrounding your home, your beach, and your canal, and a loaded gun under your bed. Shame on you and the folks you associate with ! You do not represent me. You are part of the problem, and not the solution. Your kind will never get my vote. Watch how the 4 shrink to none before your very eyes.

Mikesessajr

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No nerve struck here! Jt1 and Dr. Detroit's responses are pretty weak! I told a story to help you guys understand a little bit about the good ol boy network. I can't help it if you choose to deride me or cast aspersion on myself and my Dad. That's the typical response you liberal's use and thats you resort to name calling. I'm not ready to sink to your level just yet as I'm just gettin started! LOL!

I'm only here addressing some ignorant comments made about my Dad and myself that popped up on my Google! You see - I'm so self centered I like to Google myself from time to time to see what you jackballs are sayin about me - not that it matters - I just find it good sport!

I'm just setting the record straight for those people who shoot their mouths off without the facts.

Bongman - you made an argument for yourself already! If Harrison Twp actually built a little roadside park there - you'd have your own little place to access a canal, in fact the river not owned by them rich HT folks!

Yeah the "old man" did line up a few grants and made arrangements to clean up the North River Rd / I-94 area in a very new and innovative way that nobody ever thought of. Guess what my old man is the first guy to defend the rights of the little guys. And if the old man didn't care that people have "free access" to some recreational fishing spots he never would have done what he did.

Let's look at what you said about the boat ramps. Count them up and you tell me how many we have in Harrison. More than any waterfront community in the area. Did we need one more? Not really.

You're not thinking clearly or reasoning things out! HT is a very small community there is no way we could compare ourselves to Detroit. The number of homeowners paying taxes in HT is small and much of the township is off the tax rolls due to non-taxable entities. So we have a small group of people paying all of the taxes for the services we need. Not everybody in HT is rich!

Hey Dooooood - it's 4:20, smoke up! Smoke up in HT and your liable to get busted by our non-existant police and thats fo sure! I can tell you I have watched numerous patrols in this township during the summer time. I used to see a squad car damn near every 10 minutes looking to bust the seasonal boaters who have a tendency to drink too much. But hey - them rich boaters got dough and we got to extract it somehow aaaaright!

Culture - ha! Gated fence's nope, just in the bad part of town over on Joy by the crack area. Where that poor area needs a gated community to keep the crack heads from taking over poor people's apartments and setting up drug houses! You know - over by the Traffic Light - now that's culture!

"Our beach" nope - it's a MetroPark and everybody can use it if they pay! You can use our "free bike path" if you'd like.

The Gun Culture - yeah baby that's what I'm talkin about! I love it! Of course I'm talking legal gun possession and only legal gun possession. I have not yet visited the "Proof" post but I got a double barrel to let loose on that subject of a couple of jackballs carrying guns illegally in a bar and I'll leave it right there for now.

Jt1

Post Number: 7202
Posted From: 198.208.159.18
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

That's the typical response you liberal's use and thats you resort to name calling

You know my political leanings based upon a post mocking you for whining about your daddy getting cheated? Regardless of your political affiliations I thought it was funny that you had to come here to stick up for daddy. I would have made fun of you regardless of your plitical leanings.

Bongman

Post Number: 1023
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Notice how Mikey tends to shout ? That's from years of discharging machine gun fire. He likes his toys, but they make a lot of noise.

How many seagulls have you shot today Mikey ?

Mikesessajr

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1 - you don't get it! Who's whinining about my daddy! Certainly not I. Like I said I like to Goggle myself! And when I come across some jackballs shooting their mouths off about things they know very little about, I try and educate them a bit or harass them a bit as the case may be! I find a few things here and there that I find quite entertaining. Such as the comments made on this forum - I'm ROTFLMFAO know what I mean!

Only reason I'm here is because Bong's comments came up on me Goggleing myself! So naturally I figured I'd see what kind of JACKBALL's I was dealing with here!

WHAT - BONG, I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE ROAR OF THE MACHINE GUNS!

This just in todays Chicago Tribune - my God - what's going on with these liberal newspapers we live to hate writing cool articles on guns - what's up with that? http://www.chicagotribune.com/ entertainment/chi-0604130320ap r14,1,3003025.story?page=2&cse t=true&ctrack=1

Seagulls - perhaps a flock of seagulls. And I ran, I ran so far away - couldn't get away.......

Whaoooo Doooood it's 4:20 pass the bong over to Jt1 aaaaright!

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 816
Posted From: 69.47.87.96
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

he called you guys "jackballs" that is freaking funny :-)

Bongman

Post Number: 1026
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mick....The only one whining about your daddy is you. The only thing we mentioned is that he lost an election. That's a fact. You're the one who keeps harping that he got screwed thru legal politics by having his district redrawn, the exact same way Bonior did. Personally, I think your Daddy also lost because people are tired of his type of politics.

Machine Gun Mike....Let me point out something else for you. There aren't very many people here who care about HT politics. Since you felt the need to defend yourself, my reply is to urge anyone interested to google your name for themselves and explore the kind of fear politics and other garbage that you personally advocate in the name of freedom, and what the groups you are affiliated with stand for. My guess is that most folks will determine that the you sir, are the jackball.

Danny

Post Number: 3990
Posted From: 141.217.173.162
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 9:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, the suburbs had been bashing Detroit for the past 40 years unlike the infamous sign upon the Lodge FWY. " WELCOME TO DETROIT, WE HOPE YOU SURVIVE!!"

Mikesessajr

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bong - you are incorrect in your personal opinion - people tired of his politics. But, as it is your opinion you are free to believe it. The facts don't bear that out but go ahead and keep on thinking it. The old man carried his HT base as he always has. Three minority precincts misled by your welfare state democrat good ol boy network came out in higher than normal numbers due to hand out promises made by same. Bottom line end of story!

You hit the nail on the head there bongyboy "FREEDOM", "FREEDOM", I say, - that's what I stand for! Very nicely put!

As for my group affiliations certainly all are highly regulated lawful freedom oriented pro-gun groups without a doubt. It's what I'm known for and I am proud of it!

And guess what? Ain't nobody I know out knocking off banks, car jacking, robbing people, nor are they Rappers out shooting people in the head in an after hours club!

All of the people I have ever met are fine upstanding freedom loving gun owners who seek to use legally owned firearms for recreational sport shooting opportunities as opposed to the criminal predatory lawless criminal types who use illegal firearms to commit illegal acts of agression against the general public. The latter group which is coddled and the former who are always threatened by more strict anti-gun laws.

This latest nightclub shooting is "PROOF" positive of the general acceptance of illegal gun violence.

But this is for another thread - carry on - it's 4:20 Doooooood smoke up!

Bongman

Post Number: 1039
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.macombdaily.com/sto ries/042706/loc_judges001.shtm l

An assistant prosecutor who will become Macomb County's first black judge and a longtime district court judge were named Wednesday to serve on judicial benches in the county by Gov. Jennifer Granholm.
Advertisement

Sheila A. Miller, an assistant county prosecutor for at least the past 10 years, was named to fill the district judge post held by 41B District Judge John C. Foster, who was named to fill a vacancy on the Macomb County Circuit Court bench.

The naming of Miller is seen as a victory for those who say government entities in Macomb need to become more racially diverse to reflect the county's growing population variety.

"Right on," said Greg Murray, a member of the Macomb County's black caucus political group when told the appointment. "At least Governor Granholm gets it. There are qualified African Americans who can successfully administer justice in Macomb County. Governor Granholm showed terrific courage."

Detrola
Username: Detrola

Post Number: 15
Posted From: 69.14.28.209
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Down with the suburbs and all those who live outside the "D". Except the Pistons. Down with Jack White for moving from detroit. Aretha Franklin moved from detroit...but that's alright, we still love her. Down with the racist republicans. Sen. Robert Byrd(D)..."former" KKK member...that's alright, all in the past. Down with the NRA and all it's gun loving members. But proof, marshall mathers, 50 cent and the body guards of nearly every hollywood celeb need their guns. Hypocrisy, gotta love it.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.