Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Cass Corridor and the Oakland County Child Killer « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1061
Posted From: 69.246.13.131
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott Lewis on Fox2 broke a story today about the Oakland Country Child Killer and it is very compelling. 30 years ago the entire metro area was abuzz about 4 young children who were abducted and later found murdered. What was very strange is that the children were kept alive for a period of up to several weeks before they were murdered.
Richard Lawson, who was sentenced today for the killing of a Livonia Cab company owner made these startling revelations. He said, Bobby Moore, a man who ran a bike shop on Cass Ave. in the 70’s, was involved in a pedophile ring and is the killer. He also went on to say that a man named “Ted” who now lives in Ohio is an also involved.
He said Moore had a blue Gremlin but put it in a truck and dismantled it when word was out the police were looking for it,. He disposed of the parts in dumpsters in the Cass Corridor, including the dumpster at Cass Tech.
Moore is said to have died about 15 years ago.
Lewis said that Police have given a lie detector test to “Ted” but he failed. Lawson passed his test.
There are many more details, but I am not a news writer. There in nothing in the fish wraps or TV web sites yet.
I am sure Fox2 will re run this story tomorrow.
Does anyone have any recollection of a bike shop on Cass in that era? Or perhaps even know who Bobby Moore was?

Hornwrecker
Username: Hornwrecker

Post Number: 960
Posted From: 63.41.8.244
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Free Press article today.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 2041
Posted From: 207.74.195.249
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder if that case will ever be solved. That stuff scared the snot out of us when we were kids and I remember my parents being really concerned if we were going anywhere alone

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 506
Posted From: 68.2.191.57
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That "bike" shop on Cass Ave. Was that a bicycle shop or a motorcycle shop? Anyone know?

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1062
Posted From: 69.246.13.131
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The report last night said Moore had access to childeren, I took it to mean that it was a bicycle shop. Very scarry stuff.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 513
Posted From: 68.2.191.57
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I would assume it meant a bicycle shop. I'm concerned and relieved. I appreciate the response.

Bagman
Username: Bagman

Post Number: 51
Posted From: 62.163.1.129
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I was a kid they found a body on the corner of 9 mile and Coolidge....We were not alowed out in the yard without an adult...I was also freaked about going to the resturant who's dumsster they found the body in...I still think about that EVERY time I drive by that corner and I am about to turn 38.

Ray
Username: Ray

Post Number: 660
Posted From: 68.42.220.37
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The OC child killer was sort of the end of the age of innocence, the end of the age in which a little 6 year old boy (me) was dispatched every morning to walk a mile down Coolidge to Our Lady of LaSalet grade school (a real penitentary, by the way).

I can't imagine in a million years letting my 6 year old walk a mile down Coolige by himself. I think if you allowed this, you'd be arrested for child endangerment. I wonder if the world is really anymore or less dangerous or if our preceptions have changed.

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 859
Posted From: 68.248.0.11
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I always think about the poor boy who was found behind what is now the Kroger at Maple & Woodward. I hope they find this guy.

I think our perceptions have changed, Ray, I don't think it's more dangerous today. In fact don't the stats show that it's less dangerous? I think we don't know about a lot of earlier crimes like this, or we've forgotten.

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 567
Posted From: 68.60.177.56
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll never forget those days. My rommate had a light purple Gremlin and we got followed constantly during that time. We didn't mind of course, everyone wanted that douchebag caught and punished.

I hope for the sake of the families that this case is finally solved and put to rest. Can you imagine? All these years, not knowing.

Rustic
Username: Rustic

Post Number: 2255
Posted From: 67.163.181.81
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember going shopping with my Mom way up and over in Ferndale at F&M on 9 mile (this was back when there was only one store and they sold bulk items cheep). It was a rare treat, we would go only about 2x a year or so and I usedta like taking the opportunity to walk over to Paperbacks Unlimited on Woodward (and that weird hobby store down the street) while my Mom loaded up on Prell, Tame, Yucca Dew, Contact, Janitor-in-a-drum and all the other stuff found in 1970's medicine cabinets and under kitchen sinks. When the bodies were found I remember how scary it was up there, there was a palpable fear in the air. For a while there the bookstore was offlimits. For a kid growing up in the midst of white flight Detroit with block-busting rampant and a real fear of impending inevitable doom virtually de rigeur it was very strange to have that eclipsed by something MORE intense.

As to the Cass Corridor bike shop mentioned in the article. Could this have been that bike shop a few years back that got all the press for teaching kids to repair their own bikes? God I hope not ...

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 1822
Posted From: 66.2.148.3
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 1:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no.

Rustic
Username: Rustic

Post Number: 2257
Posted From: 67.163.181.81
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 2:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

good

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.