Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » New North Corktown Houses « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Psewick
Username: Psewick

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 70.235.110.46
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone here live in any of the brand new infill houses in North Corktown? I am seeing one on Monday and I am prepared to buy it. I am wondering how satisfied the new residents are with the neighborhood and their homes.

My other option is a charming Queen Anne style cottage down in the historic district with lots of character but in need of a couple major, expensive repairs. I'm trying to decide...

Thanks! :-)

--Paul

Atl_runner
Username: Atl_runner

Post Number: 1873
Posted From: 24.98.116.13
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not sure if you saw this or not yet.. I really like the look and feel that these homes provide.

http://www.modeldmedia.com/dev elopmentnews/ncork0221.aspx

Llyn
Username: Llyn

Post Number: 1478
Posted From: 68.61.197.206
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Psewick, and congratulations on your (soon to be) new home.

histeric can help you out with your question on Corktown when he see this thread.

Take a stroll over to the "Detroit Connections" thread, also, and check out the FSC. You can meet people there in person who might have some info... histeric has been known to show up now and then, and even myself.

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 801
Posted From: 70.236.176.97
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

psewick, who is your contact to visit and/or buy one? do you know if there are any left?

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 1685
Posted From: 129.9.163.105
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If psewick is buying a north Corktown House, I'm sure he/she's already met or will meet Histeric in person. I think psewick is looking for non-connected feedback.

psewick, I'm not sure you'll get much feedback yet. This project is relatively new.

Psewick

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rsa, I met with Keegan Mahoney of the Corktown Development Corporation on Tuesday to discuss buying one of these homes, and there are two left (but of course many more on the way).

Llyn, what is the FSC? And what does it stand for? :-)

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 802
Posted From: 70.236.176.97
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanx psewick. i'm surprised to hear that there are any left; i had thought they were all sold. keegan is very nice and competant.

the fsc = forum social club. check out the detroit connections < for more info on meeting days and times...

Kbkav
Username: Kbkav

Post Number: 220
Posted From: 69.246.31.248
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Psewick,

Two great places to meet potential neighbors would be at the monthly resident council meeting, held on the first Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at GCDC's offices (includes residents of both N. Corktown & historic Corktown) or the North Corktown social, held the third Thursday of every month at Trinity Episcopal at 6:30. New home-owners of the N Corktown houses attend both of those.

Psewick

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kbkav,

Awesome! I'm excited to try out those meetings. I've been renting a flat across the street from Burton Elementary (technically in North Corktown but a bit isolated) for a year and have never heard of them. I'm glad I joined this forum! :D

--Paul

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.