Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Buy Downtown FLint Real Estate NOW!!!! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Furnitureguy
Username: Furnitureguy

Post Number: 47
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 1:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Believe it or not Flint is on its way>>> ask youself if you would have bought Brush Park or even Cass corridor real estate for pennies on the dollar if you could turn back the clock about 5 years??? My friends that is where flint is at now... Buy now before everyone finds out!! It can only go up from here>>> http://capitolrealtyholdings.c om/Theatre/index.html and check out the most recent Judge for yourself.. Flint facelift Downtown goes uptown
Renovation project lifts spirits, breeds optimism
FLINT
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
Friday, March 24, 2006
By James M. Miller
jmiller@flintjournal.com • 810.766.6318
FLINT - Two would-be tenants have put deposits on loft apartments to be created in the new Rowe Building in downtown Flint, and work hasn't even started to construct those floors.

It's an example of the kind of optimism that has fueled the $12.5-million Uptown Developments project since it first was proposed. A "start of construction" ceremony for the project, and an appearance by Gov. Jennifer Granholm, was scheduled for this morning.

Philip Shaltz, owner of Shaltz Fluid Power and one of the partners in Uptown Developments, said that throughout the project no one said, "Don't. Stop. Halt It's not going to work."

Shaltz said things took longer than the partners might have hoped, but that's because it has been a complicated process, with methods of financing that are new to many of the players.

The project will combine the former Jewelry World store, 538 S. Saginaw St., with the former Carlton and PSI buildings on either side of it, to create a mixed-use development.

The target date for completion is January.

"This is a huge accomplishment for this community," said Tim Herman, head of the Genesee Regional Chamber of Commerce.

Rowe Inc., a Mundy Township engineering firm, has signed a 10-year lease for office space on the second and third floors of the combined buildings. Rowe plans to move its headquarters and about 100 employees to the building.

Plans call for a night club on the lower level of the former Carlton building, and a brew pub and a restaurant on the street level of the complex. The bars and restaurant will be operated by the Blue Collar Gourmet company and are expected to create about 100 jobs.

Shaltz said the project wouldn't be as far along as it is if Rowe had not committed to it.

"Everybody wants to jump on the bandwagon, because they know there's a huge anchor coming downtown," he said.

John Matonich, Rowe's president and chief executive officer, said the decision was a good one for his company.

"We had been out of space for a long time ... green space is very expensive ... it gave us an opportunity to show that we are dedicated to Flint and Genesee County," he said.

The downtown Flint project will add two floors to the former Carlton building, one to the Jewelry World building, and one level to the two stores that make up the former PSI building.

Scott Whipple, project manager, said much of the necessary demolition and environmental work has been done, the existing facades will come off in the next two months and then steel will go up for the additions.

The project is financed with private investments, bank financing, a loan from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, state and federal development incentives and local foundation grants.

"Private dollars are important," Shaltz said, "but if we didn't have the state and federal money, we'd never be here."

Other partners in Uptown Developments are George Falaras, a partner in Blue Collar Gourmet restaurants; Troy Farah, a co-owner of the Capitol Theatre; Gary Hurand of Management Diversified Inc.; Alfred Kloss, owner of Daystar Development and several downtown buildings; LaVal Perry, owner of Bloomfield Ford; Ghassan Saab, partner in Sorensen Gross Construction; and Uptown Reinvestment Corp.

http://www.mlive.com/business/ fljournal/in...8220.xml&coll=5

Ray
Username: Ray

Post Number: 654
Posted From: 68.42.220.37
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope they make it; Flint derserves a break.

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 985
Posted From: 68.60.143.186
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't buy the real estate unless you plan on doing something with it. the title of this thread almost sounds like it is promoting speculators.

Gumby

Post Number: 986
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

500 Block
Here are the buildings as they stand now. I will see if I can find a better angle at them later. This is a very exciting project up here in Flint. I think Detroit can use the downtown revitalization as something to point to in order to prove that its own renaisance is not just because of the superbowl. I mean if Flint can do it without that why not Detroit?

Gumby

Post Number: 988
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is what it is going to look like when it is done. It is going to be sweet.

500 soon

Furnitureguy

Post Number: 48
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 1:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

was not promoting spectators...thought this would be the best forum to clue in some investors who are actually interested in historic properties, urban renewal, and rebuilding cities...I am so proud and supportive of Flint and glad i came here when i did!! :-)

Kraemerdesigngroup
Username: Kraemerdesigngroup

Post Number: 35
Posted From: 69.216.106.54
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kraemer Design Group has been fortunate to have also been a part of the new work downtown. We recently complete the first of these projects. It is known as the Land Bank Center.

It was the former Hughes and Hatcher converted into a true mixed use building. The first floor is retail, the second floor is office space for the Land Bank, and the remaining floors are residential.

The Land Bank is a non-profit governmental agency re-using tax foreclosed property - check them out. www.thelandbank.org

facade

Here is a photo of the office space:

and a photo of a loft unit:

Gumby

Post Number: 1005
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys did an excellent job on the Land Bank Center. Are there anymore projects int the works up her that you are involved in?

BTW furnitureguy I knew you weren't promoting spectulation.

Kraemerdesigngroup
Username: Kraemerdesigngroup

Post Number: 36
Posted From: 69.216.124.7
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gumby - no, we do not have any other current projects in Flint.

Millingtond
Username: Millingtond

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 69.128.232.110
Posted on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 4:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I own Flint real estate and it's not going anywhere matter of fact it's comming down so fast you can buy houses on the eastside for 3000.00 The biggest way to make money in Real estate in Flint is buy 3000 dollar houses insure the hell out of them and watch them burn. Downtown Flint will have a bit of a restoration boom and some local business. But once you clear Saginaw and end up on MLK or Clio road then it's over. And forget Cheverolet and Dupont and anything between the river and Dort. I lived in one of the older GM neighborhoods in Flint. Off Lewis and I still own the house it sits empty matter of fact 4 in a row empty. Two victims of arson in october still not taken down. My company will not even take a listing in Flint unless it's Golfcourse or the Miller road mansions. Buick City is rubble with no plan Buick headquarts is rubble no plan. Johnny Coleman has his head up his ass and refuses to discuss tax abatements or anything that will draw a company in, Don Williamson is beyond corrupt but I give him credit for being up front about it. Flint one of the city's hit hardest by GM and the funny thing is they all belive that GM will be back. Hell Don Williamson said they would get GM back Joseph Chevy did a whole add campaign eluding if they could sell enough cars to get GM back 28% market share then Don Williamson Flint CC would have GM back in the city. People that live in Flint belive on the most part if they buy GM car GM will come back and the city will be fine.Flint is run on par with Detroit it's harder to tell who has the dumber city council. But Flint did get taken over by the state and then Don Williamson bought an election. I loved his slogan. "cleaning up flint now Not later" he's delivered on that one. before the election he was painting buildings hauling out dumpsters and paying crews to clean up the city. Since elected not a damn thing. I'm on a rant.

Furnitureguy

Post Number: 49
Posted From: 70.236.172.203
Posted on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

who said anything about decrepit east side properties?? Downtown is the place to be >....just watch

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.