Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Detroit: Inline Skating paradise? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 6
Posted From: 68.43.107.72
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 1:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A friend and I have been rollerblading the city ever since the weather has warmed up a bit. I start at Woodbridge and make my way down Grand River to the CBD. From there I hit Eastern Market followed by a stroll through Brush Park, down to New Center, through Wayne Campus back to Woodbridge. I must say being an avid inline skater this is a wonderful trip. Not only to I get up close and personal with all of the history, many of the roads are freshly paved. Washington Ave being my favorite. Traffic is not an issue other than in the CBD. Anyone see any marketing ability for the city in this?

Toolbox
Username: Toolbox

Post Number: 866
Posted From: 66.184.29.148
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There has been an active inline skating contingent in the city for at least 15 years.

I do not have the contact for the group at hand right now.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 960
Posted From: 198.208.159.20
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I prefer to do that route on bike (though I do trumble to michigan instead of GR to the CBD), but the advantadge of less than normal city traffic still applies.

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 758
Posted From: 209.131.7.190
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been meaning to check this out forever....

http://www.bladerunners.org/mc br.htm

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 7095
Posted From: 198.208.159.20
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a group of about 8-10 inline skaters that I see all the time in and around downtown. They are usually decked out with all the safety gear and seem very organized in what they are doing.

If you are out and about during the summer I can guarntee you will see them a few times.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.