Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Is pro life bashing acceptable in metro detroit? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Devinc
Username: Devinc

Post Number: 38
Posted From: 69.14.138.74
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 2:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it is a MOOT pointt, but i thought i would make a post anyways. what about gun control? how about our past leader getting his D sucked?
are we allowed to think this progressive?
blah blah blah

(Message edited by devinc on March 31, 2006)

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 622
Posted From: 68.40.119.216
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Think anyway you want. Just don't ridicule anyone who doesn't agree with you. People are entitled to their opinions whether you like them or not.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 2416
Posted From: 66.167.58.14
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If it is a mute point then no one would have heard of it. However if you meant moot... where have you seen pro life, whatever that means, bashing in Detroit?

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 2184
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too bad we can't abort idiots at any age is what I say.

Bongman
Username: Bongman

Post Number: 991
Posted From: 198.111.56.128
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how about our past leader getting his D sucked?
------------------------------ ------------------

I was thinking the other day what a great contribution Bill's hummer made to modern society. His claim that, "He did not have sex with that women", has been embraced by the generation that grew up when he was President. Teens are participating in oral sex at a much younger age, and they also don't consider it sex. It's pretty much a standard procedure for young ladies to now use oral sex as a means of putting off other sexual activity, thus saving themselves for marriage.

...and before you ask, yes I am. :-)

Gmich99
Username: Gmich99

Post Number: 63
Posted From: 65.29.97.102
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michigan, especially the Detroit-metro shouldn't be concerned with anything more than our economy at this point. Issues like blow jobs, abortions, and gay rights don't really seem that important when you don't have the job and the bank wants the house back.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 2186
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gmich- they are important issues to be considered. Have you ever read "the rise of the creative class" by Richard Florida? IF you want to attract business and I am talking about middle class professionals you need to have the three T's
1)Talent
2) Tolerance
3) Technology

IF you want to attract talent which generates higher income jobs they will want to move to an area that is tolerant. The creatice classes wnat to thrive in ares like Frisco, Chicago, NYC...they will give up money and livability lifestyle (ie a house versus aprt) for a life that is exciting and mentally challenging. Those areas attract diversity thus a high tolerance level.

Gmich99
Username: Gmich99

Post Number: 67
Posted From: 65.29.97.102
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, have not read the book, but I am inclined to agree with the three points made. I read an article a while back saying what detroit was missing that other vibrant metropolitan areas had was a large gay population. Perhaps someone here is familiar with the article and will be able to provide a link.

Publicmsu
Username: Publicmsu

Post Number: 623
Posted From: 136.182.2.222
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can we please use the correct term. The term is moot point. Thank you and have a nice day.

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 622
Posted From: 68.248.74.21
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW every time I start a thread an almost identical thread always follows.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 2188
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit needs about 50,000 more gays. We tend to make things pretty! Once we fix it up the families typically come back. Fifteen years ago Boystown in Chicago was fairly bleak - now it is thriving and you are more likely to see lots of str8 couples with strollers there these days.

So many people are scared of diversity - why? I live in Detroit on one of the most diverse streets in the city. My next neighbors are str8 partnered couple 10 years together (asian/white couple), on the other side a single black woman raising a child on her own, next to them a mixed race couple (black/white) who are a little crazy but fun, across the street a cellist with the symphony and next to her is a union worker at GM, we have a Lebanese family, a couple white familys and several black families with kids, another mixed race couple wiht kids (black/white)a Chinese couple, and three GAY households and one kind of weird grumpy old lady. It is a cool street with fun and diverse people. When we have our summer BBQs we all love the Lebanese food. It is a nice place to live and I would never trade it for all of the same of anything.

Sknutson
Username: Sknutson

Post Number: 491
Posted From: 67.114.23.202
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ilovedetroit - where do you live?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 2193
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pleasantville.

Jimelnino
Username: Jimelnino

Post Number: 378
Posted From: 70.236.167.174
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bong, I don't know if you were serious, but believe me, that is not the reason there was a lot of sex going around when I was in High school.

I really doubt most high school kids could give two shits what the president says, much less have it affect their sex lives.

Bongman
Username: Bongman

Post Number: 993
Posted From: 198.111.56.128
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nah...It's Friday, and sometimes I like to bait people. Plus, I think that whole episode was almost as goofy as the "pubic hair on the coke can".

Jimelnino
Username: Jimelnino

Post Number: 379
Posted From: 70.236.167.174
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what about the syringes in the pepsi cans? I remember that one.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.