Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Hornwrecker Can you help me with a Sanborn map of Park Ave? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dan
Username: Dan

Post Number: 1200
Posted From: 69.47.194.247
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hornwrecker,

I love the Sanborn maps you post. Could you post one of Park Ave and Elizabeth area, more specifically the blocks across from the Blenheim?

I would really appreciate it. I have long wondered about that area, and have begun piecing together what was there, but a map would sure help.

Thanks 1 million

Hornwrecker
Username: Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1014
Posted From: 66.2.148.86
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Initial look at the west side of Park, shows a rooming house, some flats and storefronts across from the Blenheim (another Ilitch holding). It seems like the current structures were built after 1921 on that side of the street.

The dividing lines of the maps are Park and Elizabeth, so each corner will be a separate cropping and PSing. Anything specific?

Hornwrecker
Username: Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1019
Posted From: 66.2.148.21
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's the Blenheim Apts and Park Hotel in 1921. The "D"s are single family dwellings, "F"s are apts.

Blenheim Apts

Interesting the Storage of Theatre Signs at 30 Elizabeth (old address).

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.