Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Legends Grill on Jefferson. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Darwinism
Username: Darwinism

Post Number: 478
Posted From: 69.220.35.4
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice to see another catalyst to spruce up the commercial and residential neighborhoods along Jefferson between downtown Detroit and the Grosse Pointes.

Eastsidedog
Username: Eastsidedog

Post Number: 243
Posted From: 12.47.224.7
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, it's better that the vacant lot that was there. A true Detroit classic though, it even has a drive thru.

Maybe someone will do something with the MOM building! (something other than tearing it down for a strip mall.)

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 1384
Posted From: 141.213.173.94
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good point.

I noticed that the McDonald's at the bend in the road right before Chalmers's is gone. I wonder what might go in there, and on the sizable land mass south of Jefferson from the road to that new neighborhood.

Eastsidedog
Username: Eastsidedog

Post Number: 245
Posted From: 12.47.224.7
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amazing. I never thought they ever tore down McDonald's "restaurants."

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 5803
Posted From: 208.27.111.125
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They do if they burned to the ground.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 1385
Posted From: 141.213.173.94
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, that explain a lot.

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 527
Posted From: 68.74.13.87
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate that place. That had a sign up for two years, "Coming Soon, Legends Coney Island, 'oooh' 'ahhh'"

I couldn't believe they expected me to be excited, to 'ohh' and 'ahhh' for two fricken years that another Coney Island was coming. I mean another Liquor, Check Cashing place, now thats something Detroit doesn't have enough of.
only kidding.
Seriously, is there any "Legend" to this Coney Island? Was it some sort of benchmark in the early Detroit years? (and do I care if it was? Its another Coney Island!)

Besides, Joseph's Coney Island rules the roost on that part of Jefferson.

Redetroit
Username: Redetroit

Post Number: 14
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The owners of Legends were the original owners of Joesph's. They sold it back in the day and opened another restaurant in Eastpointe (the food is actually quite good). They've been looking for a new location for a Detroit store for quite some time. Although I'm not sure why they chose that location (the tightness of the property), it's great to see them investing a lot of money into a restaurant in the city.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.