Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » American Inventor on ABC: Erik Thompson representing Detroit. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Darwinism
Username: Darwinism

Post Number: 481
Posted From: 69.220.35.4
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://abc.go.com/primetime/am ericaninventor/bios/erik_thomp son.html

The final round will involve audience phone-ins to vote. Support our innovative hometown inventor, folks.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 194
Posted From: 69.245.78.228
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

phone in votes huh?

i like his invention and know that he has hit the big time regardless of if he wins the show...

Alexei289
Username: Alexei289

Post Number: 1099
Posted From: 68.61.183.223
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

he should be selling this to the Lions... not ABC..

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 84
Posted From: 207.69.137.8
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2006 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody know where his gym is located in the city?

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tonight Erik will find out who he will be competing against in the finals. Now that we know this will be a call-in vote hopefully us Metro Detroiters can rally around him. Maybe I can lend a little more information about him than what you are getting on TV. I know him personally, he's been training my son going on three years. He is a good trainer, a taskmaster, but encouraging as well. He has a very innovative mind when it comes to athletic training. He has come up with other training aids that he put together to help his students get faster and stronger. He is big on kids eating correctly and will give them copies of balanced diets for them to take home. He will go to high school fields and Belle Isle and have the kids run on the beach and even run in the water. My worry is that his invention won't save the world like some of the others. However I don't think its as niche as some might think. I think just about any football team from peewee thru college could use his "catch vest". Receivers running backs defensive backs and just kids trying to learn the right way to catch the ball. His gym is a storefront operation on E. Warren about 6 blocks west of Finney H.S.

Darwinism

Post Number: 491
Posted From: 69.215.30.34
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Firstandten: Welcome to the forum. As far as I am concerned, Erik is already a success making it to the final round. It is very uplifting to see a hardworking Detroiter with innovative ideas and with the drive to take it to the next level. Can you tell us what is the name of his gym on E. Warren ?

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thank you Darwinism I have been reading this forum for a while it just took this American Inventor situation to get me to join up. After watching the last two make the finals last night it looks like Erik really has his work cut out to win this thing. Erik's gym is called the Athletic Training Ground 16627 E Warren 313-320-2389 He has relatives running the gym while he is gone.

Darwinism

Post Number: 501
Posted From: 69.209.164.233
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do not know Erik personally, but I am touched by his creativity and persistence.

Tonight is the night DetroitYes forumers can support Erik Thompson by making a simple phone call.

Naturalsister
Username: Naturalsister

Post Number: 632
Posted From: 68.30.219.181
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2006 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did everybody watch? It was a great show!! I happen to have voted for the carseat thingy.

Erik did well I'm sure. There are millions of mothers and fathers who think that their son is the next quarterback phenom. He'll make a s**tload of cash.

later - naturalsister

(Message edited by naturalsister on May 13, 2006)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.