Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Wings Done, Pistons 3 to 1 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detjaymo
Username: Detjaymo

Post Number: 29
Posted From: 75.9.244.134
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love every one of my Detroit teams. But after tonight, I have a bad taste in my mouth. To watch a once hungry strong Red Wing team, basically implode, just left me speechless. Up 2 to 0, with a period to play, then allowing Dasani excuse me Pasanni score two goals, made me sick.

Then after taking a 3-2 lead with leass than 8 mins to go, they allow Hemsky to score 2 including allowing the skater to basically dance into the zone with no coverage. Where was the D, where was the grit, and some may disagree with me, but where was Ozzie in the beginning of this series. Basically Legace is Tim Chevedale all over again. Datsuyk is a joke in the playoffs. Zetterberg did at least show that he can come through, but the defense showed how they can be outmaned. And the only person who showed even some heart, was a 40 year old captin who we may have watched him play his last game.

The Red Wings no longer have the grit, and they need to find a way to get it back. I think Mr Ilitch needs to also seriously think about bringing down ticket prices, so the REAL fans can afford to go to a game, and get rid these martini sipping cant get off their a$$ to scream if their coat was on fire. To watch the passion with the Edmonton fans and to watch our fans basically do nothing unless a goal is scored was outright ridiculous. Right now the Hockeytown label is a joke.

As far i'm concered, I'm glad that I can still sit back and watch a strong Piston team, and an up a coming (I never thought I would say this, but it feels good) Tiger team. I hope the Wings can come back next season and come correct but for now. Deeeeeeeeeeeetrooooooooit Basketballllllll.

(Message edited by detjaymo on May 01, 2006)

Themapman
Username: Themapman

Post Number: 234
Posted From: 130.126.200.201
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Choke Choke Choke Choke Choke Choke Choke Choke Choke Choke Choke Choke Choke Choke Choke Choke Choke Choke Choke

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 234
Posted From: 68.43.107.72
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wings are a joke,Dave Lewis is laughing, go Pistons and I can't believe it but the tigers are bringig a tear to my eye

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10020
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fuck hockey, bring on baseball. TIGERTOWN IS BACK!!!

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 146
Posted From: 24.192.25.47
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Pistons played soft for most of the game tonight too, until they finally located their collective nutsack at the end.

Wings...tear that shit down

Illmatic774
Username: Illmatic774

Post Number: 8
Posted From: 70.189.142.74
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ilitch deserves it. Tear that schitt down.

Go Tigers.

Go Pistons.

Kilgore_south
Username: Kilgore_south

Post Number: 43
Posted From: 24.176.20.117
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 1:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL @ Focusonthed.

The Wings really are the Yankees of hockey. All season long they're the favorites, then they choke early in the playoffs.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1032
Posted From: 69.136.142.0
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 1:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"we just tried to move the ball (or puck) around and put some points on the board", said the proffesional athelete about tonights game

Nellonfury
Username: Nellonfury

Post Number: 144
Posted From: 68.43.156.135
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 7:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since the Champions On Ice will be here at the Joe. Michelle Kwan and Sasha Cohen can help me get The "Broken" Wings off my mind.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4070
Posted From: 141.217.173.149
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

5 Swedes on the Wings HAH!!! We need 5 Russians.

Skamour14
Username: Skamour14

Post Number: 79
Posted From: 24.11.184.193
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With that said by danny... 5 russians wont do us no good.... working the midnight shift out here in Dewitt.. I think Detroit heard me scream Fu*k really loudly when we allowed Edmonton score, kudos to the Oilers for showing Detroit fans that you dont need to win some bullshit ass trophy during the season to have the heart to go to the second round of the playoffs. next year I think we will see a diffrent lineup for the most part, could this be why Illitch has been charging us soo much, one last hurrah before some drastic shit happens???

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8379
Posted From: 67.71.56.144
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are a lot of veterans that are not hungry for the cup on the wings roster. Many have won the cup three or four times so I wasn't suprised.

It is still stupid that a first round has to play and 8th seed in the playoffs. Why not a bye? The 8th seed has nothing to lose so they go out like gang busters while the #1 team has all the pressure. Talk about a reversal of fortune.

What I would like to know is...Where was Datsyuk? Three years with no playoff goals? If he can't produce in the playoffs (where it counts most) trade him!

(Message edited by GOAT on May 02, 2006)

Jimelnino
Username: Jimelnino

Post Number: 420
Posted From: 68.250.43.213
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm just glad that we have one team in this city that can handle a clearly inferior 8th seed.

Canuckr
Username: Canuckr

Post Number: 24
Posted From: 209.69.34.80
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought it was a great game, however I am biased.

The Oilers were fighting to even make the playoffs, while the wings pretty much just coasted in. The Wings were flat thoughtout the whole series. They lacked the heard that Oilers had. You really cant place all the blame on Manny, it was a whole stink team effort. Hopefully this will not be The Captains last year..

Eastside
Username: Eastside

Post Number: 849
Posted From: 69.246.10.58
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"There are a lot of veterans that are not hungry for the cup on the wings roster. Many have won the cup three or four times"

It was three times...that's Chuck Daley's concept of "no more big games". It means that every pro athlete comes to a point where they hit the wall mentally and can no longer get up for the big game...because they have already played in every big game.
It happened to the Bad Boys, it happened to the Wings...and it will happen to our current Pistons. It's a trajectory, it's life itself.

Jimelnino
Username: Jimelnino

Post Number: 421
Posted From: 68.250.43.213
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Wings did not coast in, when they lost the last game in the season, it was the first time in 14 games they had lost a game in regulation (breaking their 14 game point streak)

Oilers were just the perfect match-up for the Wings, we couldn't handle the scrappyness, and of course we tanked it anyway. The Oilers did what they had to do to win, and thus, they move on.

I'll be very surprised if their 2nd round opponent doesn't slaughter them, honestly.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.