Discuss Detroit Archives - Beginning January 2006 Detroit Sports Personalities? Previous Next
Top of pageBottom of page

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 238
Posted From: 68.43.107.72
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 3:57 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone ever meet any sports stars around town, and if so were they nice or not? Heres some i've met

NICE: Gordie Howe,Isiah Thomas,Wayne Fontes,Lomas Brown,Ernie Harwell,Denny Mclain, Willie Hernandez

JERKS: Mike Heneman, Mel Gray,

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 38
Posted From: 70.228.3.227
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 4:29 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I was working at the WSU Bookstore in the early 80's, I heard that Isiah Thomas was in the store, and there he was, in the checkout line, toting his new books and waiting to pay up. I stood right behind him, but I decided to not bother him; I wasn't a basketball guy, anyway.
What I had no way of knowing was that my first-born son, a baby at the time, would later come to love Isiah Thomas as much as one can love a sports hero.
It's not tragic, but I will never stop regretting this unfortunate incident.
And now back to people who actually HAVE met a sports guy.

Gary
Username: Gary

Post Number: 126
Posted From: 66.73.238.5
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 4:58 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dave Bing gets my vote for being just about the classiest, friendliest, most approachable sports celeb in town. I can't claim to know him personally, but I have encountered him at least a dozen times or more at various banquets, charity events, trade shows, etc. and he is always very personable and down to earth.

On the other hand, I played rec league basketball in the Southfield Men's league in the late 70s. One of the teams in the league featured a prominent member of the '68 Tigers...what a total jerk. I had always been a big fan of his until I met him up close and personal, this guy turned out to be a total idiot off the field.

Jimelnino
Username: Jimelnino

Post Number: 425
Posted From: 68.250.43.213
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 5:04 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I haven't formally 'met' anyone, but I have run into a few people. Ran into Don Shane while walking to the JLA parking garage after a playoff game against Nashville in 2004. Someone else who was walking next to us started talking to him, and he talked back, he seemed pretty nice. He was very short, and he looked weird with all that make up on, but thats beyond the point

Met Willy Horton in an elevator at Comerica Park once, he was pretty cool for the short time we chatted with thim.

Finally, a few weeks ago I went to the last Wings game of the regular season, and I went to get something to eat, and Orange Hat Guy got in line right behind me. I wanted to say something to him, but I didn't have anything to say, so I didn't, but it was still cool :-)

(Message edited by JimElNino on May 02, 2006)

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 39
Posted From: 70.228.3.227
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 5:12 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad to see another Almost Met Him story.

Xd_brklyn
Username: Xd_brklyn

Post Number: 138
Posted From: 66.88.89.94
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 5:22 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does Rusty Staub count? The former Tiger/NYMet started a restaurant here in NYC. It failed, but found him to be a good guy. Very diplomatic when speaking of his Detroit years. Didn't mention any details just a general goodwill. Of course, he had some good years in Detroit, but the team wasn't performing that well then.

Did anyone ever make it to the donut shop of former Tiger/NYMet Micky Lolich?

Blessyouboys
Username: Blessyouboys

Post Number: 401
Posted From: 69.209.178.183
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 5:34 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I was younger the the Wings used to hold open practices at the Compuware Ice Arena (now Oak Park Arena) and my parents were sometimes nice enough to let my brother and me miss half a day of school to go and get autographs etc.

The Wings (early-mid 90s), used to just pull up in their cars and walk in the front door. Usually there was a decent sized gathering of fans for them to walk through and give signatures, but nothing crazy. I remember the rookie Sergei pulling up in his red Corvette, and taking casual pictures with some Swedish defenseman who spelled Nick really weird. Yzerman would always have the largest crowd follow him in, but he was still nice enough to give autographs to those who asked (my brother and me were like (9-11 yrs old).

But anyways, Paul Coffey, douchebag. Refused to sign anything (I can understand not wanting to sign something from some old guy who'll turn around and try to sell it, but saying no to some young kids just shows you think too much of yourself).

But the one time my brother and me couldn't go, we convinced my mom (don't know how) and sent her with a stack of hockey cards. She went there, not really knowing who most of these people were, and when she saw Bob Probert (brother's favorite player) walking out from practice, she went up to him, fiddled with the cards to try to find his, and they all fell to the floor. The Bruise Brother himself laughed and got down on his knees and helped my mom pick them all up and was glad to find all of his and sign them.

Too bad he's in jail, nice guy.

(Message edited by blessyouboys on May 02, 2006)

Czar
Username: Czar

Post Number: 3053
Posted From: 129.137.169.142
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 5:38 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paul Coffey will always be a douchebag due to the time he scored in his own net during the playoffs.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 533
Posted From: 207.200.116.139
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 5:42 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

About the only jock I ever met was Harry Heilmann, and boy, am I dating myself.

Anyway, he was the Tiger's broadcaster back in the early 50s. During batting practice I found him and asked him to sign my program, and he couldn't have been nicer to this 14-year old kid. No, I lost the friggin' program over the years.......sigh.........

Jimelnino

Post Number: 426
Posted From: 68.250.43.213
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 5:43 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GOD I REMEMBER THAT

I knew he was gonna do it too, for some reason, he skated up to the puck and I thought "hes gonna put it in", and then he did.

It was the 96' conference finals, and we lost to the Avs after winning the most games ever, weak.

(Message edited by JimElNino on May 02, 2006)

Harpernottingham
Username: Harpernottingham

Post Number: 12
Posted From: 66.178.227.202
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 6:09 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ernie Harwell's fantastic, Willie Horton's a sweet, sweet man, and Mark "The Bird" Fidrych will always be my favorite.

And Mike Henneman, the one time I met him, was indeed a jerk.

Jokerman
Username: Jokerman

Post Number: 10
Posted From: 67.125.189.14
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 6:18 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tiger relief pitcher, John Hiller, lived in the apartment below me (Arlington Apartments, Schoenherr and 14 Mile Rd. or was it 13 Mile Road?) in 1975 or 1976. We said hello a few times. Coincidently, after I moved to San Diego, Padre relief pitchers Dan Boone and Eric Show, lived in the apartment below me in 1981 (Normal Heights, Felton Street near Madison).

Once in the eighties, I saw Gordie Howe and his wife in an airport bar in St. Louis. I wasn't 100% sure it was him, so I did not say hello. Later, after I saw pictures of his wife, I knew that it really was Mr. Hockey. I always regretted not talking to him.

When I was about 12 years old I said hello to Van Patrick, "the Voice of the Lions" outside of Tiger Stadium. He answered back, "Hello kid!"

On a related note, when my brother and I worked at an Eastside drugstore in the late sixties or early seventies, Wayne Kramer of the MC5 once dropped in. My brother excitedly greeted him as,"Brother Wayne Kramer!"

(Message edited by Jokerman on May 02, 2006)

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 239
Posted From: 68.43.107.72
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 6:52 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Orange Hat guy is the greatest! Mo-Cheese is kind of cool as is knitting lady

Jimelnino

Post Number: 428
Posted From: 68.61.118.126
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 8:25 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Knitting lady sits a few rows directly ahead of where my company's seats are. She's always accompanied by an older guy, probably her son, and the JLA staff come down to help her up the stairs once the arena has emptied out.

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 4838
Posted From: 68.41.124.8
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 8:46 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Every story I've ever heard about Kirk Gibson indicates that he is the biggest jerk of them all. Telling kids he doesn't give autographs, then giving them to scantily clad attractive women five minutes later, stuff like that.

I don't understand the Henneman hate, though. He lived in the next subdivision over from me when I was growing up, and kids used to go over there all the time and get autographs from him. He was always accomodating. I never did because I have never been a Tigers fan (I was always a fan of whoever Jim Abbott was pitching for, and have been a residual Angels fan ever since).

Kova
Username: Kova

Post Number: 235
Posted From: 69.212.57.86
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 9:11 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

aram I concour on Kirk Gibson. i was fortunate enough to get All star tickets last year and Gibson showed up halfway in the game a row infront of me and my little brother. A few kids came by, asking him nicely and he flat out refused them. There is more to the story but that is the jist of it.

I remember seeing Ernie Harwell walking around Tiger Stadium one game and I asked him for his autograph, no problem, super nice guy.

Vic_doucette
Username: Vic_doucette

Post Number: 263
Posted From: 69.208.118.222
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 9:53 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I grew up a few blocks from the Howe family; we all lived in Lathrup Village. Gordie couldn't have been niced about ALL THE KIDS who wanted autographs, at times when he most likely would have enjoyed a pre-game nap. His son Mark was a nice-enough guy when we were in school together. Some of the jock kids liked picking on the smaller, weaker ones (my group), but he never did any off that stuff.

Met Billy Bruton when his son and I were in Cub Scouts together, and he was a sweet-natured fellow when he was around us.

I admire Bing, as I admired Hank Aguirre (sp?), but didn't meet Hank and haven't met Dave.

They come no better than Ernie Harwell. Every time I've ever spoken to him, he treated me as though I was the most important person in the world.

Only met Gibby once, and he was fine to me; I wasn't asking for an autograph.

Ray Lane's son was a classmate of mine and I met Ray when I was the equipment manager of the Birney Jr. High Rebels in Southfield. Ray was very encouraging to me when I told him I wanted to be a broadcaster when I grew up.

Got Bryan Watson (after his horrible injury) and Sonny Elliott at the same hockey game once.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 806
Posted From: 68.79.94.221
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 10:31 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I once told Gibby that he was my favorite Tiger when I was little.

He asked me how little? I said that I was 6 in 1984. I think he woulda slapped me if he coulda gotten away with it but he just laughed nervously.

Yup Gibby, you're an old man now.

Tarkus
Username: Tarkus

Post Number: 14
Posted From: 68.43.117.118
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 11:15 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I met Scotty Bowman a number of times. He was very friendly when not talking hockey. He loved his old cars and anything to do with golf. Ernie was a real great man. However Al Kaline was an a**hole. Yzerman and Draper were very cool. Sergei and his onetime wifey Anna were so full of themseleves I wanted to barf. I was walking in the same direction as Anna K. and overheard her saying to her bodygaurd "Keep those common people away from me." Mickey Lolich was always a nice gentleman, at the park and his doughnut shop.

(Message edited by Tarkus on May 02, 2006)

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 734
Posted From: 69.14.30.175
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 11:33 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i remember being at spectadium in troy for the superbowl, circa 1998. you had to get there early to get a seat - so between the opening of the place, and starting time of the superbowl, quite a few folks were well liquored-up.

at halftime of the superbowl, there was a drawing for prizes. in attendance that day was a good portion of the redwings team. they were seated in what might be referred to as the "balcony" of the place. as it turns out, one of the redwings won a football. what did he care? he threw the ball to one of the folks in the crowd. most people would have kindly treasured the ball - but this spectator chose to throw it back.

after that, i can't remember the exact sequence of events. i remember one of the redwings hurling the football across the bar, and it hit and shattered the lamp above one of the pool tables. the ball made its way back to the redwings' section, but not after having bashed several tables, eyeglasses, and unexpectant bald spots, as people wildly whipped the ball around. drinks were splashing everywhere and people were getting drilled. hard. then, i remember seeing mccarty teeing up the ball, and someone kicking it from a table. it careened behind the bar, and peeled racks of glasses to the floor. the bartender scurried to get the weapon of mass destruction - and once found, threw it back to the wings. it was anarchy. it was one of the most fun moments of my life. it was hockey and football and revelry and libations all tied into one pseudo-violent, semi-destructive festivity.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 244
Posted From: 24.208.234.52
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 11:51 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Susanarosa--I saw Gibby put on an absolute two year old temper tantrum in the tiger stadium players parking lot, after they lost a game. That triangular lot right at the corner of Michigan and Trumball was the players parking before Ilitch turned it into the food court. The parking there was like a sardine can, last in first out, etc. Gibby wanted to get in his Jeep CJ and leave, but couldn't until about 15 more guys moved their cars. a big baby.

Ron
Username: Ron

Post Number: 90
Posted From: 66.174.79.231
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 8:49 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carl Liscombe of the Red Wings ('43 Stanley Cup Winner) is my grandfather. He passed a few years ago. I think he was pretty nice. :-)

A friend of mine met Tommy Hearns at Northland. My friend was putting a coat in lay-a-way for his nephew, and Tommy was in line in behind him. When Tommy heard that my friend was putting the coat in lay-a-way, he purchased the coat for my friend's nephew. Very nice guy.
I met him once or twice, as his brother lived down the street from me and we used to play b-ball frequently. Tommy used to come by and shoot around with us.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8390
Posted From: 67.71.56.144
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 9:20 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BlessYou Boys, Probert is not in jail he's living here in Windsor and is just fine and dandy.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 2471
Posted From: 69.47.100.44
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 9:22 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The classiest person I ever had the pleasure of meeting was Sid Abel. He was just down to earth and as pleasant as can be. He was the kind of guy I wanted to be my grandfather- he had stories galore and was just as jovial as a person could be in telling them too.

Tayshaun22
Username: Tayshaun22

Post Number: 127
Posted From: 69.14.101.116
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 3:22 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gary, was Freehan a good basketball player?

Paulc
Username: Paulc

Post Number: 61
Posted From: 159.53.46.143
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 3:54 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jon Warden (1968 Tiger pitcher) was a regular at the good old Lindell AC bar - and participated in the fantasy camp/league games when still played at Tiger Stadium. Mel Butsecaris introduced me and my friends to him. He was kind enough to take his championship ring off and hand it to me for closer inspection when I had admired it - that really made a big impact on me. Just a real nice down-to-Earth guy who seemed to care about the city and the Tigers organization.

Southofeight
Username: Southofeight

Post Number: 9
Posted From: 207.148.213.218
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 4:34 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On a Sunday night at the AFB on Woodward and Brentwood in 1995 (I think), Dennis Rodman came in smashed with two chicks. It was while he was serving a 10-game suspension when he was with San Antonio. He and I were actually up at the bar at the same time, ordering drinks. I told him I thought his game was tight and what he did with the Pistons was great. He just looked at me and said, "Cool, you got these drinks?" I told him I dug his game, but HE was the millionaire, not me,a and he could buy his own goddamn drinks. I always thought he was a jackoff after that, and his behavior on and off the court would prove it.

I met Ernie Harwell in the press box at Comerica Park and he treated me like he'd known me for years. Great guy, class act.

Paulc, the Lindell is/was the only bar in Detroit that's ever mattered, at least in my opinion.

Blessyouboys
Username: Blessyouboys

Post Number: 404
Posted From: 69.208.127.59
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 4:40 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BlessYou Boys, Probert is not in jail he's living here in Windsor and is just fine and dandy.

You're right, I just assumed he was. The last news I heard from him didn't sound so bright:

From wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B ob_Probert

Little over a year later on 1 July 2005, Probert was arrested at his Windsor-area home for breach of peace, resisting arrest, and assaulting a police officer. Probert's attorney, Patrick Ducharme, advised the media, "I anticipate he will be pleading not guilty and going to trial." Probert was arrested again on 23 August 2005 for violating two conditions of his bail, which stated that he not consume alcohol or be in an establishment that serves liquor. He was released after paying a $200 CDN fine. All charges stemming from the arrest on 1 July 2005 were eventually dropped.

During the summer of 2005 Probert was photographed with a known Hell's Angel outside Windsor's courthouse. The Picture ran on the front page of the Windsor Star.

Paulc
Username: Paulc

Post Number: 62
Posted From: 159.53.110.143
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 4:45 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amen, Southofeight (re: Lindell AC). Sure miss that place... sigh.

Caseyc
Username: Caseyc

Post Number: 581
Posted From: 206.18.111.5
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 4:57 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Southofeight....that's interesting you ran into Dennis at AFB....I ran into him across the street one night at the after-AFB/after-hours spot (8 ball, was it?)....he was just standing there nonchalantly and shook my hand. May have been the same night, as it was when he was no longer playing for the Pistons, but had yet to totally go off the deep end. Speaking of AFB, once ran into Sergei there...had some very young gals with him. Ran into him at various other spots about time (Mill Street Lounge at Clutch Cargo's, where he french inhaled with some chick on the couch)and he has always been pretty nice...and speaking of which, Red Wings in general have, in my experience, always been pretty nice to me whenever our paths crossed.

I thought Higginson was kind of a prick. Grant Hill, indifferent...Laimbeer...ok... .Isiah ok....

Smogboy

Post Number: 2477
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 8:53 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ernie Harwell- another epitome of class in the Detroit area.

His voice, along with Paul Carey's will always resonate with me as the voice of the Tigers.

Gary
Username: Gary

Post Number: 129
Posted From: 69.221.95.44
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 9:31 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LMAO Tayshaun...let's just say he could hold his own, but he wouldn't have received any votes for league MVP.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1079
Posted From: 69.246.13.131
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 9:36 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The father of all sportscasters
Van Patrick
Van Patrick

Jimelnino

Post Number: 431
Posted From: 68.61.118.126
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 9:38 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Van Earl Wrights dad? :-P

Dtrain
Username: Dtrain

Post Number: 45
Posted From: 65.42.241.185
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 11:09 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My dad and I met Dave Rozema in the 90's at a flea market where he was signing autographs. My dad felt sorry for him because no one wanted to meet him. We ended up talking with "Rosie", as my grandmother used to call him, for about an hour and he seemed like a real person. Later my dad was telling me some story about how Rozema bought a brand new Thunderbird with his first major league contract and took it home and washed it with Brillo pads, ruining the paint job.

On a side note, my future mother-in-law bowls in a league in Sterling Heights and Dave Rozema is on another team there. One night she accidentally sat in an empty chair and he came up and berated her for stealing his chair. She has hated him ever since.

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 141
Posted From: 68.62.6.147
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 11:28 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got an autograph from Rozema in the 80's.

It started.... To: Brain

Next time anyone sees him ask him what it was like to be the only 84 Tiger not to play in the Series.

Grguy
Username: Grguy

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 65.142.207.7
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 11:11 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Several years ago I took my then 14 year old son and two of his friends to see a Piston game at The Palace. We stayed in an Auburn Hills hotel on a Saturday night prior to the early Sunday evening game. The young star struck basketball fanatics had earlier speculated about where the Charlotte Hornets stay when they are in town.

Lo and behold, the kids came racing back to our room to report that they thought they had just spotted PJ Brown sitting at a table in the hotels' atrium style lobby. Having woken up the star struck kid in me, our group took a table in the "beverage reception" area near the suspect. I told my son that if he wished to approach him for an autograph he should wait until the man was done with his phone conversation and then be very polite and respectful of his privacy.

When the moment arrived, we were close enough for me to hear my son say, "Excuse me. I don't want wanna blow your cover. But are you PJ Brown?"

He replied by thanking Paul for respecting his "cover" and said that since he knew HIS name and what he did for a living, would Paul mind telling him his name and where he was from. PJ Brown spent the next hour chatting with these young guys about basketball and life non stop. When they came back to the room, they were higher than a kite.

On Sunday morning, the kids spotted the whole Hornets team in the atrium breakfast lounge. The boys lingered around the area until PJ spotted Paul. He called him over by name and asked if he wanted to meet some of the other guys. They also got more autographs.

That night, the Pistons walloped the bad guys. But the kids all agreed that the Hornets were really the winners.

We found out later that PJ Brown had been the recipient twice of the NBA's Citizenship award. And a great role model

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 17
Posted From: 35.8.144.6
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 11:44 am: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My family is close friends with the Yzerman's and the McCarty's. Darren's family still lives in Metro Detroit, and they plan to remain here. Darren hopes to return to the wings after his contract in Calgary ends next season.

Smogboy

Post Number: 2491
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 12:21 pm: Edit PostDelete PostMove Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow GrGuy, what a great story! I think part of the credit goes to you for teaching your kids how to be mindful and respectful.

I'd be curious as to hear what it's like from the athlete's point of view as well. I'm sure they've had a handful of totally disrespectful dolts come up to them at times too. And in this day & age, I just keep thinking about that incident a few years back where that father & son duo charged out onto the diamond and attacked an umpire or about the Monica Seles stabbing a few years back. I can only imagine what it must be like for total strangers to come up to you all the time.

Fame? Fuhgeddaboutit. Fortune on the other hand can come knocking at my door 24/7.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.