Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » A small but good step « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 7365
Posted From: 198.208.251.23
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know shit like this shouldn't happen but it is nice to see the gunman turned in. If one thing Detroiters are very good at keeping their silence. It is nice to hear when they assist the authorities and a suspct is captured so easily.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/9181445/detail.html

quote:

Witnesses said instead of running after the shooting, the gunman tried to blend in with the crowd. When police arrived, witnesses turned in the suspected shooter, Local 4 reported

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 467
Posted From: 65.42.23.2
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah I can just imagine the scene..

"WHO DONE IT?..... (the crowd parts and points to the shooter"

Ron
Username: Ron

Post Number: 103
Posted From: 70.212.20.130
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is a tremendous step. Couple that with the fact that someone turned in the Highland Park punks, and it appears as though people may be coming to their senses.

Hopefully, people will realize that "snitching" is not turning in someone who has done something wrong; "snitching" is telling on someone to get out of the punishment for some wrong sh** that you have also done. (i.e. cooperating against a co-defendant to get a reduced sentence....now that's snitching, but is done everyday by those who claim they'd rather die than snitch)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.