Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Anyone have any extra trash? I found a place to dump it « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 7447
Posted From: 198.208.159.19
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://detroitnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20060523/M ETRO/605230359/1003

\quote(For years, the city has tried to get Ernest Karr of Bloomfield Hills, who owns a series of companies that rent Detroit properties, to bring his apartments and other properties up to code.

Karr's companies, according to the list released Monday by the city, have failed to respond to 750 citations for blight and other problems since 2005. He owes the city $267,185.}

I say we look up Mr. Karr's address and treat his personal property like he treats his Detroit properties. Just make sure that your trash has no mail or other personal info that can be traced to you.

I would love to see his expression if he awoke to find 100s of bags of trash and some bulk items on his front yard

Belleislerunner
Username: Belleislerunner

Post Number: 260
Posted From: 198.204.133.208
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Three years later.

Still nothings changed...

http://www.metrotimes.com/edit orial/story.asp?id=4889

Jt1

Post Number: 7449
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want Duggan back as county prosecutor.

Eastsidedog
Username: Eastsidedog

Post Number: 396
Posted From: 12.47.224.8
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1, I'm down. But we shoulda dumped the trash fromt the Motor City Makeover on his yard. He wouldn't be able to get down his driveway! :-)

Lurker
Username: Lurker

Post Number: 1638
Posted From: 65.196.220.198
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.metrotimes.com/edit orial/story.asp?id=4236

Eastsidedog
Username: Eastsidedog

Post Number: 398
Posted From: 12.47.224.8
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1, I agree Bring back Duggan. His zero tolerance policy, regarding illegal firearms, had a big impact on crime in the city. Worthy got rid of that policy and look where it's got us.

Sorry to go OT. :-)

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2570
Posted From: 71.148.30.22
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pretty disingenous Jt1. You were the one that said that "bulk trash was not a priority" and "no other community has bulk pickup". More city vs suburbs antagonism.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 2011
Posted From: 72.129.119.132
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The guy needs a few weeks of a picket line in front of his house...but I do have a good pile of scrap wood in the back yard that I need to get rid of.

Hornwrecker
Username: Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1200
Posted From: 63.41.8.164
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.zabasearch.com/

Jt1

Post Number: 7452
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Pretty disingenous Jt1. You were the one that said that "bulk trash was not a priority" and "no other community has bulk pickup". More city vs suburbs antagonism.

Not at all. I still do not think we need bulk pick up on a monthly basis. I like the idea of quarterly buk pick up being floated around. This has nothing to do with Detroit bulk pick up but the man being an absolute slumlord and causing issues in the city.

More 'its all about me' from Metro. So I will sum it up slowly for you:

1. Bulk pick up is not needed on a weekly or monthly basis. Costs too much and is not needed that frequently.
2. This man is a slumlord and should be fined and taken to court until he pays for all of the issues he has caused.

Stay on point, Metro.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2574
Posted From: 71.148.30.22
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More dishonesty and disingenuousness from Jt1. Tell us again how "no other community has bulk pick up". Maybe if you say it "slowly" it will magically come true. At least you're slowly backing down (just like Kilpatrick) from the lie that we don't need bulk pickup. Now quarterly huh? Hmm, just like other major cities (Chicago, Indy, etc). Even Kilpatrick admitted that one. Maybe you will too. Too bad you won't admit/explain how almost every other community in this region has weekly bulk service and how the city that needs it the most "really doesn't need it at all"/"all that often". Keep trying. Now back to the city vs suburbs antagonism and disingenous and dishonest banter.

Stay on point indeed.

Jt1

Post Number: 7456
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MDG - How many times have we gone over this. I was mistaken. I admitted as much. Get past it.

I do not think bulk pick up is a priority and if it comes to cutting police, DFD, etc I would prefer we do away with bulk pick up.

We do not have the financial means to pay for weekly bulk pick up. It is not needed on a weekly basis. I have stated my position many times and stick to it.

Add something to the conversation as opposed to harping on a mistake that I admitted I was wrong about.

You remind me of the little punk kid who pushes people then claims "I'll sue if you hit me"

So are you going to add to the topic or would you prefer to take the argument off line (I have posted my e-mail many times and you refuse to re-hash your bullshit in that manner. You prefer to bog down the forum with your non-sense.

Again - It is my screen name @yahoo.com You are welcome to address me there as opposed to bogging down the forum with your non-sense.

But again whenever someone poses a question to you, you refuse to answer.

And to address your point:

quote:

Too bad you won't admit/explain how almost every other community in this region has weekly bulk service and how the city that needs it the most "really doesn't need it at all"/"all that often".

The city that needs it the most can't afford it. Many others can. Surely you can't be too ignorant to realize such a basic concept.

(Message edited by jt1 on May 24, 2006)

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2575
Posted From: 75.10.22.2
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK Jt1, this time your admission of being wrong can't be recanted. You're going to have to stick to it this time in order for it to count.

But alas you're being disingenuous, not to mention dishonest, again. No one ever said anything about the city having weekly bulk service. It was pointed out that the suburbs have weekly service. My point was simply keeping the monthly service.

Look no one is interested in talking to you offline, certainly not me. But once again, "it's not about you", right?

Bottom line, you are a fool and a dishonest person, and I do not respect people like you playing games with the quality of life for the majority of citizens in this city, so you can live out your radical/extreme liberal fantasies of "living in a gritty city", "living in a real city", play politics, or displaying your pseudo intellectual nonsense. Talk about clogging up the forum.

Try finding some character and some facts before you worry about finding some guy in Bloomfield Hills.

Andyguard73
Username: Andyguard73

Post Number: 59
Posted From: 141.209.33.145
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metrodetguy, are you Ernest Karr? :-)

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2576
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, I'm Andy. :-)

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 3786
Posted From: 24.11.154.56
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, he's just one of the largest antagonist this forum has ever had. Leave it to him to take the post off topic to attack a specific forumer, and reduce the thead to petty, personal squabbles.

Treelock
Username: Treelock

Post Number: 125
Posted From: 24.192.27.161
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gentlem — I mean, boys, boys. Calm down.

Why is this slumlord getting away with this? I admit I'm no property attorney, but can't the city prosecute this f@*@er?

Someone finds the mofo's address, I'm there. MT story says 1600 block of Lochridge in Bloomfield's Forest Lake Country Club (it also says he's a slippery SOB in court). I got a shitload of broken up concrete and weedy sod I'd love to dump in his McMansion yard.

Barnesfoto

Post Number: 2013
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well, if anyone else is interested, maybe we could organize a visit, assuming that he does not live in a gated community.
others can continue their quest to have petty arguments about small details and use the word "disingenous" over and over and over again....

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2578
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LMich, you'll attack anyone that doesn't agree with your point of view. Geez that not disingenous or anything. And once again, your righteous indignation only shows that regardless of the topic, you're only out to advance your own agenda.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2579
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And here comes another one, Barnes. Again if you don't agree with his political viewpoints, he'll attack you under the guise of pretending to care about issues affecting Detroit. Funny how you're willing to "bother someone that isn't bothering you", yet your geo-political "viewpoint" doesn't match.

Someone "complaining" about bulk trash that previously said it wasn't a problem and even promoted erroneous information to support that assertion = petty argument and small details...indeed!

(Message edited by metrodetguy on May 24, 2006)

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1156
Posted From: 68.73.202.124
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Metrodetguy, I consider myself a political centrist, but you are generally full of bullschitt on this thread, bringing in feuds from other threads. WTF? This thread was not about bulk pickup, period.

(apologies for continuing on the bulk pickup sub-thread...) I am a little surprised that almost every other community in this region has weekly bulk service (which may well be true, I'm not sure). Do most suburbs have free weekly bulk pickup similar to the monthly pickup Detroit used to have? I do know that Ann Arbor does not have a free bulk pickup service, although it does have recycling.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2581
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Just make sure that your TRASH has no mail or other personal info that can be traced to you...I would love to see his expression if he awoke to find 100s OF BAGS OF TRASH and SOME BULK ITEMS on his front yard"

Read again Doug. As I said, this "concern" from someone that railed against Detroit having bulk service is nothing more than city vs suburbs antagonism. Where was this same person on the Bobby Ferguson (another major offender, only he lives in Detroit) thread?

Jt1

Post Number: 7479
Posted From: 4.229.99.243
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Never rallied against it. Stated that given our current budget issues it is not necessary. Still don't think it is necessary. Enourage community groups to work with citizens that can't drop off their bulk.

My comments was about his treatment of the city. I think he should be in jail just as any slumlord that does shit like this and lives in the city should be in jail.

bobby Ferguson is an absolute crook and should be getting no contracts from the city. KK needs to drop his old friends and concentrate on running the city, not hooking up his old pals. Ferguson, given his past should not be able to bid on city contracts.

Any more assumptions about what I think of the crooks that live in the city or are affiliated with KK?

Jt1

Post Number: 7480
Posted From: 205.158.96.93
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Bottom line, you are a fool and a dishonest person, and I do not respect people like you playing games with the quality of life for the majority of citizens in this city, so you can live out your radical/extreme liberal fantasies of "living in a gritty city", "living in a real city", play politics, or displaying your pseudo intellectual nonsense. Talk about clogging up the forum

What a ridiculous assumption. Gritty does not appeal to me and nothing could make me happier than Detroit being the cleanest city on the face of the earth. You must have ignored all of my posts about my dislike for grafitti. You must not see me picking up garbage when I am out and about. You must not see me working during the makeover and cleaning Belle Isle.

The 'Detroit is gritty' mentality certainly isn't mine regardless of your assumptions.

Being called a fool by a fool is taken as a compliment. Thanks. Maybe one day I will see you doing something to clean up the city instead of making assumptions about people wanting to live in a 'gritty' city.

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1157
Posted From: 68.73.202.124
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I see where you picked that up, but it's still a bit of a stretch... I could see the same thread started even if we still had bulk pickup. I won't defend Bobby Ferguson. :-)

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2582
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 12:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1, since you're making a mea culpa, how about an admission about how you first made an ASSUMPTION (speak of the devil) about my (city) residence...then recanted...then attacked me again on that erroneous point after you began to disagree with me about the necessity of bulk trash service and when I showed how other communities have it.

Next, in your "coming clean" act, how about admitting to making erroneous claims about other communities FREE WEEKLY (key words) bulk trash service in order to attempt to push your argument.

Then, how about trying to once again be deceptive by subtly implying that I was advocating weekly service, when it fact it was quite clear from numerous discussions that I was advocating for a return to the previous (monthly) service.

You are ridiculous indeed.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2583
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Furthermore, organizing a group of people to go dump garbage at someone's home is also an action that should land someone in jail (regardless of the guilt of the other party).

Jt1

Post Number: 7481
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow - You are rather hung up on this. I was wrong about the bulk service. I admitted it. You are coming off as a little crazy here Metro.

Now how about addressing my other comments that you are choosing to ignore.

As for where you live. Given your seeming contempt about everything in and about the city I still have my doubts but that is irrelevant. I make assumptions about where you live and you make assumptions about what appeale to me about the city and why I choose to live here.

As for weekly/monthly I honestly don't care what your argument was and am not trying to subtely change anything. Given the budget there are other means for bulk pickup. I do however think that the CC decision of a quarterly pickup is a reasonable solution.

You are coming off as a little on the crazy side beating this dead horse.

Any issues with my viewson Bobby Ferguson or the cirminals within the city?

(Message edited by jt1 on May 24, 2006)

Jt1

Post Number: 7482
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 12:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Furthermore, organizing a group of people to go dump garbage at someone's home is also an action that should land someone in jail (regardless of the guilt of the other party).

I woudl think fines and probation and cost of clean up would be a sufficient penalty. I think jail is appropiate for him based upon the number of tickets and no responses to the tickets. It would be contempt of court that would merit some jail time.

No question dumping tons of trash on his property would deserve some level of repercussions.

7milekid
Username: 7milekid

Post Number: 38
Posted From: 68.41.222.28
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

get 'em metro!

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2584
Posted From: 69.221.73.47
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here we go again Jt1, an admission of error doesn't count if you later recant and start using those erroneous claims again (bulk trash, my residence, etc.). Talk about coming off as crazy and being hung up on something. And speaking of ignoring points...you're not one to talk. Once again you're being disingenuous and dishonest.

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 72
Posted From: 64.141.144.2
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ann arbor, for one, DOES NOT have bulk trash pick up... hence companies such as "1800 GOT JUNK" doing so well here.. I'm pretty Detroit is/was the only/one of the only communities around to offer the service. .andy.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2586
Posted From: 69.221.73.47
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once again Andy, nearly all of Detroit's suburban communities offer FREE, WEEKLY bulk service. Furthermore major cities such as Chicago and Indy offer bulk service on a quarterly basis.

Wabashrr1
Username: Wabashrr1

Post Number: 139
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro, What are you calling Free bulk service? In my city, collections Are made weekly. 3 crews come around. One for regular trash, one for yard waste, and one for recycle. We have a little crate that recycled stuff must fit into. All yard waste must be canned, bagged (in paper bags), or bundled. Anything that isn't gets left where it lies. Is that what you are refering to when you say Bulk? Trash pick up here is NOT free. I pay for it twice a year on my tax bill. It IS however, privatized. The city Will pick up certain items, on a special pick up, on a charge per trip basis (Not free).

What I think of when it comes to bulk pick up is what I saw in Detroit. That is once a month, a truck with a crane arm came around and grabbed whatever people cared to discard and seemingly, however they cared to do place it on the curb.

Pacypacy_
Username: Pacypacy_

Post Number: 40
Posted From: 136.181.195.84
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder how many of those other communties have outside contracts for garbage hauling? Seems cheaper not to have to pay for trucks, insurance, maintenance, buildings, etc...

Username: 1953

Post Number: 841
Posted From: 65.54.155.53
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just privatize the service and you can throw out anything you want.

Barnesfoto

Post Number: 2016
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 2:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sure, there's no connection between the mob and private trash hauling contractors

Pacypacy_
Username: Pacypacy_

Post Number: 45
Posted From: 136.181.195.84
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 7:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sure and the Union mob mentality is different? The mobs have no hand in Unions...? Learn your labor history. I don't care who empties my trash as long as they do it cheap, efficently, quietly and reliably.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2589
Posted From: 69.221.65.122
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 1:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wabash, I am referring to large appliances, furniture, large amounts of yard waste, etc. as bulk trash. That is what is listed on the websites of community after community in this area. I previously posted a list.

Again privatization does not matter. Most communities have privatized garbage services. All communities pay for trash service (most through taxes), some very low property tax communities through an additional fee (such as Chesterfield Twp).

Yet once again (for those that keep insisting to the contrary for whatever reason), the vast majority of communities in Metro Detroit have FREE WEEKLY BULK SERVICE.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.