Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Mick Collins To Host New Show On WDET » Mick Collins and WDET « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Soulhawk
Username: Soulhawk

Post Number: 273
Posted From: 68.61.97.142
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay so PLEASE no thread jacking! This sounds like a promising show. I talked to Mick today and he said he has already been working on the show. He is planning on focusing on one band per each half hour of his show. Thats cool and I will be lstening on June the third.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 2767
Posted From: 69.47.100.44
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No jacking but you're late already. There's already a thread about the show.

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 3773
Posted From: 66.208.233.74
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michael Coleman is still a convicted embezzler. And rest assured I will mention that on any thread involving WDET as long as Wayne State keeps that crook on the payroll.

Chandyside
Username: Chandyside

Post Number: 5
Posted From: 69.14.22.75
Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, I'm as excited about this as I've been about any new radio show in a long time. Mick is a genuine representative of that generation of Detroit musician that honors the thrill of finding new sounds and trying to find a way to express the excitement of finding those sounds in new and inspiring ways. And he's that awesome combination of nerd and rock star that could make for great radio.
That being said, I will miss Jon Moshier's show like hell and the above statement is true and then some of the estimable mr. Moshier. From a purely listener's perspective it's damn-near win-win. Will MIck's touring sked make for more taped shows? prolly. Hopefully he'll make up for it with good jam picks.
As a former Radio Feverer, I'd be remiss if I didn't say that they give any saturday night show a run for it's money, but then again, I'm a homer.
Please continue with the political jib-jab. I'll just keep me ears on.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.