Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Newberry Hall Condo Development « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 1846
Posted From: 150.198.150.244
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On my drive back to work from lunch I noticed that the old nurse’s dorm that caught on fire last year was being developed by Jonna which has done a few restoration in the city.

Here is the link for anyone who cares.

http://www.jonna-detroitlofts. com/newberry_condos.html

Newberry hall is located on John R and Willis it is a great looking building that is close to the Mid med Loft development.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 1647
Posted From: 71.144.81.93
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks very promising. Great to see that building get restored. I wish that more of these rehabs would be geared toward leasing and not ownership, though, so that they could be more attractive to students. Then again, they could easily be bought and then rented.

I do notice that the other lofts developed by Jonna are for lease only.

(Message edited by mackinaw on June 02, 2006)

Lexdetroitman_07
Username: Lexdetroitman_07

Post Number: 24
Posted From: 74.131.204.36
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seeing all these posts about restoring buildings for housing inside the city of Detroit is great to see as a young, potential resident of Detroit!! I hope this trend can continue for the D!!

Lexdetroitman_07

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.