Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » F' DPD « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 7516
Posted From: 4.229.99.73
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 3:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have called DPD 3 times today. I reported 2 drug deals and one car being stolen. Every time I was told to call 911.. I asked if they could send a car and they never did. On the stolen car (QFD 756 - blatantly stolen for insurance as I watched) and they never did shit but told me to call 911.

If only DPD gave a fuck this city could be leaps and bounds better. I've truly had it with DPD an their 'we don't give a fuck attitude'

Maybe they should spend more time crying to the news that noone helps, cause when we do they don't give a shit.

Motown
Username: Motown

Post Number: 31
Posted From: 68.62.58.171
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 4:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So where are you with your stats (and rhetoric) that this city has no crime problem? According to you, I'm sure that the Detroit Police Department has all sorts of time to help old ladies cross the street and still allow you to have your own personal officer to do your bidding.

Unfortunately, there's the real world. One where tonight there were at least (by my count citywide) 5-10 shootings, 25-50 Armed Robberies, probably 100 good breaking and enterings, not to mention the other crimes...which of course don't happen any more here than anywhere else.

For each current district (6 now, since the wise choice was made to reorganize), there's maybe, MAYBE, 10 cars working able to handle 911 calls for double the area than what it traditionally was (when in each precinct, there would be 5-10 cars working for half the area). This information notwithstanding, your "calls" were low priority in the grand scheme of things. This is a city and police department that has so many calls for service (and yes, crime) and so few officers, I'm near positive that in most districts in the city, right now, they're answering 911 calls from 2:00am yesterday, in addition to those that people are calling in now (where they're in need of life/death help).

Granted your sanctimoniousness may make you feel that the police need to investigate people selling drugs hand to hand, or a person stealing a car for the insurance money in your small corner of this city (because you MUST be the most important person living in whatever haughty area of the city) but sadly, in the Police District you live in, other people are calling for help too, and may need it just a little bit more.

623kraw
Username: 623kraw

Post Number: 916
Posted From: 68.41.224.200
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 4:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The DPD doesn't like to get involved, but they'll be happy to write the honest guy a ticket.

(Message edited by 623kraw on June 03, 2006)

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 7517
Posted From: 205.158.100.24
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 4:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

So where are you with your stats (and rhetoric) that this city has no crime problem? According to you, I'm sure that the Detroit Police Department has all sorts of time to help old ladies cross the street and still allow you to have your own personal officer to do your bidding.

I list the stats from the FBI. Sorry if you can't figure that out. To this day I have never been a victim in this city but think DPD could be more efficient if they were pro-active. Sorry you don't see that.

quote:

Unfortunately, there's the real world. One where tonight there were at least (by my count citywide) 5-10 shootings, 25-50 Armed Robberies, probably 100 good breaking and enterings, not to mention the other crimes...which of course don't happen any more here than anywhere else.

Again, I list the stats from the FBI. Don't know where you get your interpretations from.

quote:

For each current district (6 now, since the wise choice was made to reorganize), there's maybe, MAYBE, 10 cars working able to handle 911 calls for double the area than what it traditionally was (when in each precinct, there would be 5-10 cars working for half the area).

6 distrcits, 3 shifts, 10 cars = 540 officers. poor planning as we have many times that number of officers and most cities actually know how to run a police department. The number of officers isn't the problem, the management of DPD is. They have no clue of pro-active law enforcement and they do not understand any type of basic analysis that any other PD uses. Sad but true.

quote:

This information notwithstanding, your "calls" were low priority in the grand scheme of things. This is a city and police department that has so many calls for service (and yes, crime) and so few officers, I'm near positive that in most districts in the city, right now, they're answering 911 calls from 2:00am yesterday, in addition to those that people are calling in now (where they're in need of life/death help).

Central precinct numbers are not that bad ( i have seen them). If it were other precincts I could understand but DPD in the central precinct just doesn't care. Again, sad but true

Granted your sanctimoniousness may make you feel that the police need to investigate people selling drugs hand to hand, or a person stealing a car for the insurance money in your small corner of this city (because you MUST be the most important person living in whatever haughty area of the city) but sadly, in the Police District you live in, other people are calling for help too, and may need it just a little bit more.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4223
Posted From: 141.217.173.154
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1,

The Detroit Police Dept. is now getting very rare in helping the victim when it comes to petty crimes. They are more into violent crimes like a Black Detroiter getting shot over other domestic disputes. You, as a Detroiter should BLAME your KING KWAME for the political mess he make. Not even Coleman A. Young and Dennis Archer don't like him. Since KING KWAME layoff some Detroit Police officers and hire a few to patrol most Detroit Public School buildings. You, as a Detroiter should be the Community police officer to protect your ghettohood from Petty crimes.

Drm
Username: Drm

Post Number: 959
Posted From: 68.255.246.240
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you talk to just about any law enforcement officer from any other organization, they'll tell you that DPD has a dysfunctional, fucked up culture. Lots of corruption and lots of people who don't care. It's sad, because most of the DPD officers (but certainly not all) I've dealt with seemed to be decent people who cared that were trying to make the best of a difficult situation. Those people will leave and the cycle will continue.

Danny

Post Number: 4231
Posted From: 141.217.173.154
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So much for TO SERVE TO PROTECT, SERVE THE PUBLIC TRUST AND UPHOLD THE LAW. It's take money, and good leadership to run a police force. So far the Detroit Police just doesn't have the juice.

Dpd_blue
Username: Dpd_blue

Post Number: 146
Posted From: 67.149.19.111
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My question is who did you call, the district? The District is not allowed to dispatch cars. 911 is the only entity that can put runs in the system to be dispatched. So in the future call 911, that's why it's there.

Eastside
Username: Eastside

Post Number: 883
Posted From: 68.42.174.187
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If the DPD is so chronicly backed up in answering calls, how do they have time to stop vehicles? I see people pulled over getting tickets all day long. If the situation is so bad, how do they find the time?

Paulj
Username: Paulj

Post Number: 364
Posted From: 68.79.121.92
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

welcome to Detroit. aint it great? I have a stolen vehicle still floating out there not to mention a collection of case numbers created from when I've reported crimes. Gee, this place really *is* the utopian paradise I once dreamed of.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10149
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JT1,

I have ran into this one time in the past. If they told you to call 911, why did you continue to call the police station? I was informed that an individual station can not dispact a unit. You must dial 911, report the emergency, they they will dispatch the appropriate law enforcement agency. The one exception I am aware of is the WSU police, which cover the area surrounding WSU and much of Woodbridge.

WSU Police: 313-577-2222

In addition, there is a direct line to report drug activity.

Drug Activity: 313-224-3673

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 613
Posted From: 207.200.116.139
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been retired from the DPD for 22 years, so today's organization is nothing like the one I left. However, back in the pre-911 days, you would call WOodward 2-5700 for the police. That switchboard was adequately manned and every call for service went to the dispatcher. If you called the precinct station, the desk officers had a hot line phone direct to dispatch. No problem. Non-servicing of any request for assistance was extremely rare. And yes, we sent cars to take a UDAA (stolen car) report. Hell, we'd even make barking dog complaints in the wee small hours.

911 is not the panacea many think it is. About the best thing it has going for it is ease of remembering the number....911 is a lot easier than WOodward 2-5700. And we didn't have all the caller ID features, either, which is good. But the damn system worked a helluva lot better than it does now.

The way I hear things now is that any time a DPD officer takes some initiative and the least little thing turns sour, he gets burned by a disciplinary hearing. So I'd guess most of them do the things they are directed to do and nothing more. It's sad.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1018
Posted From: 64.142.86.133
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Accepting the way the DPD performs is EXACTLY why it performs that way. If the citizens of Detroit created enough uproar about DPD services, the city would do something about it.

Making excuses for DPD just means they get let off the hook and the crap continues.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2241
Posted From: 4.229.72.89
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only traffic tickets being given out on Freeways are the State Police. I've yet to see a DPD officer pull over and issue tickets on freeways, even the non-interstate ones (Lodge, Southfield, Davison).

For much of the past year, even the State Police seemed to have stopped patroling and issuing tickets there. But in the last few months they have been out full force once again.

Drm
Username: Drm

Post Number: 963
Posted From: 69.212.52.213
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 2:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have seen DPD issue tickets on the Lodge and Jeffries within the past 6 months. As a matter of fact, there was a DPD speedtrap on the Lodge south of I-94 for a while recently.

Keep in mind that DPD has a traffic enforcement unit.

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 1112
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 2:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is one ass backwards city. JT1...I drove to Belle Isle yesterday 3PM and there were 15 police cars at the end of the bridge pulling speedersand seatbelt violaters as they were coming onto the island. This sting lasted about three hours. They were yanking 12 cars every 10 minutes.

I understand we are in a financial crisis but 15 officers is a bit overkill. 6 of those guys could have been dispatched to your area to catch the real bad guys. I am definitely getting fed up with the city government and i think I am in the prephase of serious regret that i decided to build and live here.

Love the city, hate the way its run...

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1226
Posted From: 68.60.143.186
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Solving murders and various crimes do not make money. While speeding tickets, seatbelt tickets, and Cell Phone Tickets do make money. In this world of everything has to be profitable this is a very unfortuanate side effect. No one is a bigger supporter of the police than I but it is hard to justify this sort of thing. This kind of crap happens up here in FLint as well.

Machoken
Username: Machoken

Post Number: 1273
Posted From: 68.85.155.145
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You got to admit though, setting up a speed trap at the end of the Belle Isle bridge is one helluva good idea!

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1091
Posted From: 198.208.159.18
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

they had a "seatbelt enforcement zone" aka "revenue stream zone" set up at warren and 75 yesterday as well.

Danny

Post Number: 4234
Posted From: 141.217.174.229
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to Detroit!

We hope your car doesn't get stolen!

Jsmyers
Username: Jsmyers

Post Number: 1750
Posted From: 209.131.7.68
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

My question is who did you call, the district? The District is not allowed to dispatch cars. 911 is the only entity that can put runs in the system to be dispatched. So in the future call 911, that's why it's there.

Having the PD tell you to call 911 for NON-EMERGENCIES is a huge problem.

Now a crime in progress counts as an emergency at some level, but a crime that is over and done with an unknown time ago is not.

Maybe they shouldn't even dispatch a car, but they should definitely not tell you to call 911 when it is not an emergency.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 43
Posted From: 141.217.214.203
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I haven't been too impressed by DPD either. It took me 3 hours (I kid you not) to file the police report for my stolen car. What I didn't find funny was after 2 hours of waiting, the officer typing up the report was the most computer-illiterate one there. After typing it up wrong and having to start over, all the officers standing around doing nothing would just laugh and make fun of him for being old and incompetent.

The stack of files for stolen vehicles was so large it was on the verge of tipping over.

My car was found at the MLK Apartments at Jefferson and Chene, so check there if yours is missing. Luckily for me, it was the complex's tow truck driver that contacted me. The police did nothing.

Left on the passenger side seat were 2 prescription bottles from Kroger and Meijer at Farmington Hills locations (both with names and addresses on them). I got no help from DPD in this matter and eventually lost the paper before I could take it to the Farmington Hills Police.

Machoken
Username: Machoken

Post Number: 1274
Posted From: 207.145.38.104
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I too agree calling 911 for non emergencies is a bit counter-intuitive and seems like a waste of resources.

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 784
Posted From: 69.14.30.175
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Having the PD tell you to call 911 for NON-EMERGENCIES is a huge problem.

sounds like union representation: police shouldn't be taking calls directly when a call center is established for reporting matters requiring attention by the police.

this procedurely ensures the need for higher staffing levels of 911 personnel to take the calls, under the pretense that precincts taking calls distracts officers from "doing their jobs."

...like it takes a lot of time to say, "hey, jonesy, can you take a run up to fenkell and evergreen? lady says it looks like someone's trying to steal a car."

Dpd_blue
Username: Dpd_blue

Post Number: 148
Posted From: 67.149.19.111
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know people become angry when there emergency is not DPD's top priority, but one must understand that Dispatch needs to be the only person dispatching runs because they know what calls are holding. For example: a Domestic Violence run will be a higher priority then a property crime such as a stolen vehicle in progress. Vehicles can be replaced lifes can't. If the precicnt desk told "Jonesy" to run up to fenkell that may prevent a car from being available to respond to the DV incident.

When a crime is happening to you, I know that's a top priority to you, but in the bigger picture it may be a minor event compared to other runs awaiting service.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 870
Posted From: 69.219.20.27
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had to handle a domestic who wandered in while I was at a bar one Sunday night. I was VERY surprised (and pleased) how quickly DPD showed up.

(Message edited by susanarosa on June 05, 2006)

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 2585
Posted From: 68.43.15.105
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So it's a form of triage, and not an elaborate system to keep lazy, uneducated, parasites employed on the taxpayer's dime? That sounds too simple, doesn't it Carl?

Thecarl

Post Number: 792
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Domestic Violence run will be a higher priority then a property crime such as a stolen vehicle in progress. Vehicles can be replaced lifes can't. If the precicnt desk told "Jonesy" to run up to fenkell that may prevent a car from being available to respond to the DV incident.

calling all cars, domestic disturbance reported at park and elm. any available units, please respond to the scene.

jonesy has been trained, knows triage, and aborts his run concerning vehicle theft in progress - if such were the "pecking order." or, he hears units report back to the station announcing they are in the vacinity and have the situation under control.

mikem, tone down the attack. i never called anybody the names you did - but i might agree that the system is elaborate, and there's a name for it: bureaucracy.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10160
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uhhhh.....hello? Where have you people been? You call 311 for non-emergencies, if using a cell phone call 313-224-INFO.

It seems that the ability too look up numbers in a phone book or even on the internet is a skill most don't bother with. Personally, I have the 311 number, DPL, a few council members, WSU police, and the drug activity hotline all stored in my phone.

Michael
Username: Michael

Post Number: 731
Posted From: 68.74.1.137
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Uhhhh.....hello? Where have you people been? You call 311 for non-emergencies, if using a cell phone call 313-224-INFO.

It seems that the ability too look up numbers in a phone book or even on the internet is a skill most don't bother with. Personally, I have the 311 number, DPL, a few council members, WSU police, and the drug activity hotline all stored in my phone.

ahhh, but where is 9-1-1 for when you are witnessing a car being stolen?

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 1488
Posted From: 66.238.170.33
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But Michael, Thecarl says us civilians don't know what a car being stolen looks like.

So don't call 911 to prevent anything, just wait until the deed is done and then go see your FRIENDLY desk officer at the nearest precinct.

Jsmyers
Username: Jsmyers

Post Number: 1751
Posted From: 209.131.7.68
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure there are a lot of improvements that could be made (many with better resources).

But nobody in the emergency business (police, fire, EMT/Paramedic, dispatch, etc) should ever tell you that you should call 911 for a non-emergency.

It leads to an overloaded and ineffective 911 system.

Thecarl

Post Number: 796
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Thecarl says us civilians don't know what a car being stolen looks like.

bvos, i was very clear in what i stated: "you civilians don't know what a car IS." where you got the part about a car being stolen is beyond me.

Ray
Username: Ray

Post Number: 704
Posted From: 75.9.242.75
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How do Detroit residents put up with this? How do they bear it? It's beyond the pale. But so symptomatic of this entire region and its pathetic inability to do ANYTHING well.

Why not liquidate the entire department and rebuild from the ground up with all new personnel?

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 5851
Posted From: 70.236.198.22
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There might be some resistance from the union and the existing rather well-armed people currently wearing uniforms.

Power is not easily disarmed and rarely tamed.

Eric
Username: Eric

Post Number: 477
Posted From: 35.11.210.161
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The culture of DPD is a bigger problem than a lack officers. I think it has become worse due in part to the lack residency requirements living the city with the thugs that you're trying to catch might make one try a little harder

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1019
Posted From: 64.142.86.133
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know it has been beaten to death, but in other large or medium-large cities, is there a residency requirement for police?

I could see it being a help. If you live in the city you are more likely to care about it. But if they can't get enough police from the pool of residents, then going elsewhere makes sense too.

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 836
Posted From: 68.60.177.56
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 2:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A co-worker was mugged on Sunday night - jumped by 5 teenagers, beaten viciously about his face, they took 2 credit cards, his drivers license, 3 bucks in cash and a bottle of Diet Coke (he was coming out of a neighborhood party store on the East Side). The cops never came. He's in the hospital (he drove himself), and a patient advocate heard his story - THE NEXT MORNING - and collared a cop who was leaving the emergency room and forced him to come take a statement.

My pal has to have reconstructive surgery on his face - orbital bones shattered in five places.

What this city needs is a Cheesecake Factory!

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 485
Posted From: 64.79.90.206
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The problems of the DPD are less related to residency than to an incompetant and venal command staff. The command has put the department into chaos, and of course, the increasingly ridiculous and irrelevant Federal Oversight which encourages the command staff to blame the lower level staff for all the department's shortcomings. Patrol has given up - why risk an indictment?

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1102
Posted From: 198.208.159.18
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this thread is defininetly inspiring me with confidence in our city

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 837
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or maybe they don't give a flying fuck?

Susanarosa

Post Number: 882
Posted From: 208.39.170.90
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Most police officers *do* give a flying fuck. They wouldn't be police officers if they didn't give a flying fuck. Tell me, why would you risk life and limb for a job that you don't give a flying fuck about?

I'd love to see any of ya'll get the nads to patrol this city and then come back with all this criticism.

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 838
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No thanks. It's enough I am in the city every single day without protection or support. The DPD are the single reason I don't live in the city. Whether they're shooting bums or disappearing altogether, they're violent or useless.

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1246
Posted From: 141.216.1.4
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love how people just latch on to on possible problem and act like if this was fixed it would be all better. This is a very complicated problem and the solution most likely comes as a combination of all the problems mentioned. Just making police live in the city isn't going to make them more effective if the command structure isn't worth a damn. Just as fixing the command structure won't do much if all they are doing in ticketing for seat belts and cell phones.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 883
Posted From: 208.39.170.90
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would like to know if any of ya'll would like to work twice as many hours, w/o a contract, for half the pay, with the same lack of respect you are showing the police here right now?

Or better yet how about I set up lunch with about 10 cops let ya'll have a little rap session with them to air your concerns? Then you can tell them how violent and useless they are in person.

Funkycarrie
Username: Funkycarrie

Post Number: 232
Posted From: 69.208.124.134
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From personal experience the culture within the DPD disgusts me to no end.
I'd love to have lunch with 10 cops and let them know how I feel about the service I've recieved from them on numerous occaisions, as long as they promise no more violence towards me.
I know not all cops are bad, and that there are a few out there giving a bad name to the others, but why must Detroit have a majority of that "few"?
Like Gumby said, making them move isn't going to solve the problem, but it could be a start.

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 839
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's the rub, isn't it, FC? Getting beaten up in the parking lot by disgruntled cops will help the situation.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.