Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Lights on at Comerica Park « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 234
Posted on Sunday, December 17, 2006 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why are the lights so often on at Comerica Park when it is empty? Saturday night after "White Christmas" it was lit up like there was a game going on. I have seen that often. Is it just to promote it's presence? I have to admit it adds something positive when they are on, but it is quite a waste of energy.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 372
Posted on Sunday, December 17, 2006 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The scoreboard said something about happy holidays X company. There were lots of well dressed people going inside, so I assume the lights were on for the corporate gathering.

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 235
Posted on Sunday, December 17, 2006 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks. Didn't notice the scoreboard.

Upinottawa
Username: Upinottawa

Post Number: 664
Posted on Monday, December 18, 2006 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is hard to notice the scoreboard. Why did they have to build it so small? :-)

Tigersfan9
Username: Tigersfan9

Post Number: 71
Posted on Monday, December 18, 2006 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They put the lights on when a group rents out the Tiger Club (on the second level, between first base and the right field foul pole) for an event. I've been to parties there in the winter several times, and they always turn on the lights so the partygoers get a good view of the field.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.