Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Finally neighborhoods get their due « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 64
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well there are plans to fix up some neighborhoods in Detroit. Don't you think this is long overdue?
I'm glad they finally noticed that the Grand River and Greenfield area could use a makeover.
The old Wards and Federal's Department stores are real eyesores.

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 406
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/89328.html?1166649078

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1223
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think its a bad strategy. We're wasting precious resources on unsustainable neighborhoods. Let's creat further investment in downtown, so that it spills into the neighborhoods in real, capitalist form.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 1980
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Notice that it is being referred to as "Urban Renewal." This brings back memories to me of all the urban renewal BS that went on during the 1960s and all the accompanying graft and corruption with this nationwide during those LBJ years.

I hope some watchdogs are following the players and the money on this one. It doesn't smell right to me.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 164
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Again...
https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/89328.html?1166649078

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 65
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They better get their attention on the neighborhoods while there are still some people in them.
It's been downtown, downtown for years and everyone is leaving town. You can't have a wasteland between the "core" and the burbs.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.