Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Transformers movie preview « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1000
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel like a kid again, I'm pretty geeked to see this. I don't think you see any Detroit footage in the preview though.

http://movies.yahoo.com/featur e/transformers.html

Mdoyle
Username: Mdoyle

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ventura67
Username: Ventura67

Post Number: 96
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mdoyle, that's not really Detroit footage; I mean, where is that kid's spray paint can and lead pipe?

Jeez, must be an animated MCS!

(Message edited by ventura67 on December 20, 2006)

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11036
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tetsua,

This one is for you buddy! lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oMV Ac0pgnOw

All joking aside, Transformers was the best goddamn cartoon ever! I'm pretty psyched about the movie myself.

Tetsua

Post Number: 1003
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL,

Thanks for that Sport, the bad thing about that clip is, I have the nerve to laugh at the guy from Clerks 2.

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1511
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

All joking aside, Transformers was the best goddamn cartoon ever! I'm pretty psyched about the movie myself.

Man supersport, wrong again.

Yawn, call me when they make the live action "Voltron" movie.

:-)

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3411
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Voltron was a yawner to the Nth degree Gumby...

Now Thundercats...

...yeah...

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1000
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Voltron had crappy animation. I'd rather watch GOBOTS

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3415
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol Yanno Vizion?

With tires and all still exposed...

Tetsua

Post Number: 1004
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Robotech clearly kicks the ass of "Voltron", "Thunder Cats", and "The Gobots" (shaking my head as I'm participating in something so geeky).

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3416
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol Tetsua...

But I am inclined to agree...

ROTFLMAO

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1001
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmm... I'm kinda partial to Wheeled Warriors

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1002
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol @ wheels still exposed lol. Man GOBOTS were so janky... the parts were never tight, and after a few tranformations... they would never hold the shape of whatever they were formed into. A leg would flop down when you were driving a car or something. Cykill's arm would slip off the front wheel.. lol.

I'm all about Wheeled Warriors and M.A.S.K.

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1003
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CYKILL

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3417
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol and ^^^ at M.A.S.K.

But dont sleep on the Inhumanoids tho...

Mdoyle
Username: Mdoyle

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ventura67-
you just didnt look hard enough.

Hagglerock
Username: Hagglerock

Post Number: 360
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SS has got it right. Screw MASK and those wannabe Go Bots. Nothing compares to Transformers.
That trailer has me salivating. I love the CH-53E helicopter Decpitcon and the V-22 footage. Marine Corps Air power representing!!!!!!!

Remember the orignal animated film? With the voices of Lenard Nemoi, Robert Stack and Orson Wells you couldn't go wrong.

(Message edited by hagglerock on December 21, 2006)

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11038
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 2:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Transformers....robots in disguise. Only cartoon I couldn't miss on a daily basis before heading off to school. Owned a helluva lot of them too, before mom decided it was a good idea to give them to my younger cousins at some point. Man, to have them toys today! I did stumble upon one left in my collection in the cabinets at home over the weekend. Though it was some no name transformer, a Lamborghini fireman car that I don't think ever appeared in an episode. Still, it was cool to transform it from car to robot. Man how I long for my Optimus Prime. :-(

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 199
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 5:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dunno, man. I think the robots look pretty lame. Why mess with a good thing, ya know? I look at that huge truck with the, um, "bitchin'" flames on the side and don't see how that can look like the robot.
Back in the day, however, the robots look cool AND made sense.
I dunno, I bet it sucks more than meets the eye.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 1996
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Owned a helluva lot of them too, before mom decided it was a good idea to give them to my younger cousins at some point

She just didn't want everybody in Mt. Pleasant to make fun of your collection.

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1225
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was I the only one who watched this preview and thought, "How bad is Michael Bay at making movies?"

They didn't look anything like Transformers!

P.S. Why isn't MASK on tv or DVD?

Tetsua

Post Number: 1007
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought Optimus looked pretty good from what I saw.

Ventura67
Username: Ventura67

Post Number: 97
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah Mdoyle, that looks much more authentic.

Dan
Username: Dan

Post Number: 1330
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"How bad is Michael Bay at making movies?"

He is pretty damn bad, yet for some reason people continue to go see his tripe, so he is able to make more.

Enduro
Username: Enduro

Post Number: 32
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wheeled Warriors! Were those the weird organic cars that had interchangable parts? How does a circular saw grow out of a weird auto-vine anyways? Oh well.

I hung around the train station hoping to get a peak at something cool or be an extra that gets killed by a robot but alas nothing. I went to the wrong site. All the outside footage was shot around Washington and is going to double as L.A. D'oh.

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1514
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe Michael Bay can continue making movies because not everyone is an elitist prick and can sometimes enjoys themselves and not rip on something that they have never f'ing seen.

Gambling_man
Username: Gambling_man

Post Number: 919
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------
quote:
Owned a helluva lot of them too, before mom decided it was a good idea to give them to my younger cousins at some point

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------

She just didn't want everybody in Mt. Pleasant to make fun of your collection

******That might be the funniest thing I've read all year, and it is very near the end of it!!!****

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.