Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Demolished buildings East Riverfront « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Luv313
Username: Luv313

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been searching for, but can't find any pictures of the buildings that surrounded the Globe Trading building on the East riverfront. There was a long narrow building immediately to the north of the existing building that was demolished in the 1980's. There was also some buildings that lined the dry dock that were demolished in the 1960's (I think). I've seen many arial shots that have these buildings in the background, but never any photo's taken from the ground, even if these are in the background. I see the foundation of the long building is partially there as seen from Orleans street and am curious if there are any more pictures of that shipbuilding operation. It may be in the background of some ship photos or rum-running prohibition photos. If you can help, that would be great.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.