Discuss Detroit » DetroitYES Classified Ads » New Shopping Center Opening up at the Russel Industrial Center! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Animalparade
Username: Animalparade

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This year-round bazaar will be home to 600 vendors, housed in 160,000 square feet of shopping excitement! The atmosphere will be enhanced by a food court, live music and entertainment, weekly events, plus fun and educational activities for the whole family.
The grand opening will be attended by press and the media, and a large campaign is underway to promote the only shopping center of its kind in Detroit.
Rates start at $375 per month which includes utilities, and no lease is required.
Any entrepreneurs or small business owners who are interested, contact Neil at nsjarman@gmail.com for details.

Matt
Username: Matt

Post Number: 1277
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oooh! A Gibralter Trade Center even closer to me!

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 8901
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How much space is allotted for $375?

Nainrouge
Username: Nainrouge

Post Number: 1825
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aisle spaces - $200
8 x 8 spaces - $350 to $400
10 x 12 spaces - $425 to $475
12 ½ x 25 spaces - $750 to $800

Seems high to me.

Animalparade
Username: Animalparade

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To my knowledge, the prices for the larger spaces are still being negotiated. More info soon, but anyone can contact me if they want to come down and take a look at the space. Spots are available for selection on a first come basis.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 8905
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks!

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1961
Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What do they sell over there? Any old stuff?

Dhugger
Username: Dhugger

Post Number: 347
Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is the closest thing to a Mexican 'Mercado' outside of Guadalajara. There are countless micro entrepreneur selling imports. Look beyond that for the gems:

An 80 year old 'grandmother' making hats from traditional cloth. She utilizes every scrap of fabric making masks [$15] butterfly's [$10] and crosses. The woman who shares her stall knits hats & purses too.

There is a craftsman who creates bracelets from antique table ware and stones. He sells amber too.

There is a barber & hairdresser - a tailer and much more. I love the place. I really want to support the Russel Industrial Market so it stays alive.