Discuss Detroit » DetroitYES Classified Ads » Wanted kitchen cabinets « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 932
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wanted kitchen cabinets, updating an investment property.Anything would be better than,what is there

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 2152
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn, there were a brand new set on the corner of Mt Elliot and Grand blvd that some lady was selling, last time I went by about two days ago she only had one or wto left. There is a resale shop on the Eastbound service drive of I94 just West of Mt Elliot. Also Mike the mechanic on Chene just south of I 94 has a resale shop across the st from his garage. He always has items on the sidewalk to lure ppl in. I dont know if he puts the stuff out in the winter though. His shops are, I believe, one or two blocks south of Medbury if you want to check them out.

Good luck.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 365
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm late, but often on Craigs List there are ads from people who have remodeled and are offering their old cabinets at really good prices. I've seen some entire kitchens for like $200, but you have to be ready to jump in your truck and go grab them up before anyone else does.

Also, don't know how bad your cabinets are, but I recently moved into a rental where the cabinets were so ugly that I didn't think I could eat in that kitchen. Since I couldn't afford to buy anything (and its a rental), I actually bought an $8 can of Minwax, removed the handles and put in wood putty ($2), and the cabinets now look like new. Even the landlord was in shock when he came over.

So just wondering if you've considered what a coat of finish could do!