Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Quicken urges others to move, too « Previous Next »
Quicken urges others to move, too - 1Scs100130 04-25-07  8:12 pm
Archive through April 30, 2007Mackinaw58 04-30-07  12:31 am
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Rbdetsport
Username: Rbdetsport

Post Number: 265
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump

Rbdetsport

Post Number: 267
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2114
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think anything new has happened???

Rbdetsport

Post Number: 275
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well about a week until the end of the basketball series. Is an announcement coming soon?

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 3214
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you being serious? Maybe Quicken Loans won't be in existence if current market trends continue.

Security analysts stated today that the housing industry will see declines until 2011--just to bring it back to its 2006 level...

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 186
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm willing to bet that it will be a dual announcement. Quicken Loans will announce that they will be building a brand new headquarters in downtown Detroit at the same time that Mike Ilitch will announce that the Wings will construct the Rock Financial Center (AKA The Rock) behind the Fox Theater.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 4424
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LY.... and maybe the USA housing industry should stop building any more houses because sooner or later the Bird Flu is gonna kill off 1/4 of all Americans...

LY... the perpetual pessimist... :-)

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1344
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LY, Rock got out of the high-risk loans business a long time ago. They are a solid company. Hiring ~200 per month.

Gistok you're right...LY...the perpetual pessimist.

On the thread topic, I'm so tired of guessing but at the same time very interested. I hate this waiting though...

I bet they announce during the fireworks, and buy the naming rights to the event. The Rock Financial Fireworks Extravaganza.

Who knows... soon hopefully. But I am forever hopeful, and optimistic, about them moving down here.

Gotdetroit
Username: Gotdetroit

Post Number: 55
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last I heard they were going to put "test" workers in Compuware to gauge interest. Has that happened? If so, it could have only been a few months...right?

Rbdetsport

Post Number: 276
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jimbo, I completely agree with you on that one. Atanas Ilitch and Dan Gilbert are good friends. I think that the Quicken/Rock Headquarters will consist of a new tower on the Statler Site, a renovated UA Building, and a new parking garage with condo frontage on the Tuller Site. Then a trickle down will lead to a David Whitney Building Department Store/Condo development and a finished Broderick Tower renovation. The last of the development will come with a new Fine Arts Building.

Gistok

Post Number: 4426
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rbdetsport,

You and I think alike... go back and read my Gistok post 4175 near the beginning of this thread! :-)

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 489
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have the 200th post in a thread about nothing but fragmented rumors and pipe dreams. Huzzah!

Gistok

Post Number: 4427
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Johnlodge.... we like to think of it more as putting together pieces of a puzzle or solving a riddle...

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2259
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing wrong with dreaming! Lots of people never thought Compuware would move Downtown, who thought that GM would buy the RenCen, etc

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 491
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes yes, just a little good natured ribbing at ourselves is all. I'm hoping for it too.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1309
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Well about a week until the end of the basketball series. Is an announcement coming soon?"

It's only a week if the Cavs lose...all the more reason to root for the Pistons ;)

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 251
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We will have to have a parade when they announce the big move. bump

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 363
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

we are getting closer

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1244
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yet another teaser

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20070628/BUS INESS06/706280448

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1423
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 9:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't take it anymore!

Smitch
Username: Smitch

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Come on Gilbert, we know that your moving downtown.

Just make the damn announcement already.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1389
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tell me about it. Geesh.

Gistok

Post Number: 4693
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the immortal words of commedian Rich Hall... "good things come to those who wait, but crap shows up right away".

If you haven't checked it out, there's some funny stuff going on at the United Artists Building. (See "Crane at the United Artists" thread.) Lots of men in hardhats working there... usually city permits are needed for any work, but no one at city hall can find any permits, and no one working at the UA site seems to know anything... very fishy.

If Quicken were to move to the Hudson's site, it's already city owned, and would be a "done deal". That's why we think its the area around the UA that will be the chosen site, but Ilitch has to get his last parcels before making a Quicken AND Arena announcement together.

Now an August announcement like that would blow everyones socks off, wouldn't it!!

Let patience be our virtue.... even if we explode in the process... :-)

Motorcitydave
Username: Motorcitydave

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ They were raising giant wooden crates up to the top of the roof Saturday morning, there were at least 3 or 4 crates that I noticed.

Rbdetsport

Post Number: 298
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those crates are probably filled with the announcement banners waiting to be draped over the building!

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 323
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has the work on the UA continued to the point where we can tell what is going on there? And has it not been 2 months since Gilbert was last quoted saying it would be within 60 days? Maybe not, but just curious.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1362
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, the thread was made on June 6th, so it's only been 30ish days.

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 324
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah, ok, thanks for the clarification.

Restoretheroar
Username: Restoretheroar

Post Number: 725
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FYI there were construction lights on in the UA building last night. Not sure if its the first night that has happened or not.

Mind_field
Username: Mind_field

Post Number: 780
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 3:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hopefully, the prospect of Detroit getting Eprize, or Fathead, didn't die with the Quicken fiasco. I'm hoping it wasn't an all or nothing kind of deal. I mean there isn't any reason why fathead or Eprize couldn't move downtown, those two companies should still be growing. And there is plenty of space available in prime locations in class A buildings downtown. Comerica Tower, Guardian building (i'm pretty sure it's class A space) and the Penobscot building.

With companies like Marketing Associates and Health Plan of Michigan moving downtown, it has got to be a vote of confidence and a good example for other companies debating a move.

Detroitduo
Username: Detroitduo

Post Number: 848
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who said anything about the deal being dead? Delayed, etc... but dead? Haven't heard that.

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 215
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What Quicken Fiasco?

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 389
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump!