Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detnews: Det close to snagging Quicken » Quicken Consolidated Archive » Archive through July 31, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 3422
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're right, Deandub, haha. Or I was thinking of a character on Entourage.

Rbdetsport
Username: Rbdetsport

Post Number: 352
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAHA! Entourage! What a great show.

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 316
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA H.
LMAO LAMO LAME-OH!

oh....and while I'm at it.....

BUMP!

Rbdetsport

Post Number: 353
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ur the lame-oh! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

BUMP!!!!!

woops.....

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 1073
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5882
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like the mothers aren't supervising their children, again.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1722
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

holy cow...did you guys hear???

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1294
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hear what, where it at?

Lmichigan

Post Number: 5883
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's right, Jesus, keep stringing them along...this should be fun.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 4990
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I guess the Quicken thread won't be making the DetroitYes Hall of Fame! :-(

Maybe it's time to cull the herd...

Mdoyle
Username: Mdoyle

Post Number: 156
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel like a kid on Christmas, but it's more like one of those years where your parents tell you its a tight year and your father didn't get his bonus check. You just know you'll be let down. 5 o'clock news maybe.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1247
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"holy cow...did you guys hear???"

LOL.

Chris_rohn
Username: Chris_rohn

Post Number: 305
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe there should be a new thread called "Quicken announces move to Detroit" when the media reports the story?

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1248
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Maybe there should be a new thread called "Quicken announces move to Detroit" when the media reports the story?"

Can someone promise me that so I can stop following this thread?

Rbdetsport

Post Number: 354
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just talked to my Uncle Dan on the phone. He said that he is going to build his Quicken Headquarters on the Statler Site/Renovated UA Building. Also included in his deal with the city, he will build a residential tower on the Tuller Site and a residential and hotel tower on the Hudsons Block. Obviously my source is reliable!!!!!

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1979
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^Yeah, and I'm The Lord Jesus Christ.

Quozl

Post Number: 1074
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you must be kidding Urbanize, you are NOT EVEN Sonny Elliot on a bad day, let alone Cheesis.

Rbdetsport

Post Number: 355
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAHAHA! Wait, was Lord Jesus Christ the hater of all rumors?

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1289
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^I don't think so.

3rdworldcity
Username: 3rdworldcity

Post Number: 821
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mackinaw: Re: 153's link. You want some interesting logic? How's this? Hines Interests, the former owner of One Detroit Center (the Comerica bldg), is a very sophisticated real estate player nationally. It has other Detroit interests and knows the market. It defaulted on its mtg and was evidently not successful in finding anyone to take it off the hook by taking over the mtg. Gerald Hines was allegedly the first major developer in the'80's to throw the keys on the table when negotiating with lenders w/ mortgages on his distressed properties. He's supposed to be a master of the workout.

Here, he apparently did not think the building was worth owning even with a restructured mortgage, if he even tried to work out the problems. Hines is not the kind of company that wants a foreclosed mtg in it records but in this case didn't care enough to try and save the deal.

Hines' logic is that downtown Detroit is not a market he wants to be in at any price. I'm betting the jockey (Hines), rather than the horse (Detroit.) And certainly not whoever wrote the puff piece on 1953's link above. Some people think that buildings are "beautiful," "historic,' "classic" and all that other stuff, but the only thing that rally counts is the numbers.

Oh, I agree with others above who say today should be the day for a Quicken announcement. He said it would come BEFORE August 1st, so that means today if he was referring to 2007.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1724
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"He said it would come BEFORE August 1st"

No he didn't. He never set a date to announce anything. He merely told a reporter they'd have something more to talk about before August 1st. That could mean a lot of things, and even if that does mean an announcement it certainly doesn't mean anything will be printed before Aug 1st.

Quozl

Post Number: 1075
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it was BEFORE August 1st, 2009. After all, this is DetroitYES, the home of...

Mackinaw

Post Number: 3424
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

3WC, thanks for the insight.

That point of view is really believable, too. The market for office space in Detroit is steady thanks to law offices and accountants as that piece mentions, but it's not growing. New buildings like One Kennedy expand the market, when there is little growth. If Quicken builds a new building, then it won't change the supply-demand equation if it builds to suit.

I think you can be bullish on Detroit if you believe that more companies will locate downtown because downtown will become that much better with Quicken and its spinoffs moving down there. That is also a respectable point of view to me.

3rdworldcity
Username: 3rdworldcity

Post Number: 824
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mackinaw: I think your viewpoint expressed in the last paragraph your last post is certainly not unreasonable, even though I have a difficult time agreeing with the premise on which it is based. (And, I hope you know I was just kidding you re: danindc on that other thread.)

Mackinaw

Post Number: 3428
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You joking though probably embodies what several others on this forum actually think, though.

So you don't think QL downtown would be earth shattering enough to change any market dynamics (i.e. create inflow of companies from the suburbs)?

Urbanize

Post Number: 1982
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"you must be kidding Urbanize, you are NOT EVEN Sonny Elliot on a bad day, let alone Cheesis."

Well aren't you the smart ass?

By the way, I can't judge what will happen to people after death, but you shouldn't be saying his name in vain just TRYING to get at me.

(Message edited by Urbanize on July 31, 2007)

Quozl

Post Number: 1076
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What? Cheesis is his name? It was said in vain? I thought had all the answers Urbs, what do you mean you can't judge what will happen to people after death?

Lang may yer lum reek, hula hula heshna heek!

Urbanize

Post Number: 1983
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^

First off, SOME (not a very large group, maybe Israelis) MAY call him CHEESES K. REIST. So you did say his name in vain no matter how you want to flip the book.

In other words though, you got your source from some type of site run by a guy that sits on the computer eating food all day?

http://www.paisleysky.net/food nerd/archives/000069.html

(Message edited by Urbanize on July 31, 2007)

Lmichigan

Post Number: 5886
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What the hell is going on, here!? This is complete off-topic trash.

Mackinaw

Post Number: 3431
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The long wait is making people literally go crazy.