Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detnews: Det close to snagging Quicken » Quicken Consolidated Archive » Archive through August 02, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1267
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^That'll really weigh heavy on their decision!

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 1089
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am going to look down at the invite sheet and read some names backwards that have not been checked off before I get to the table. I will give them one of the names, I hope they do not ask for my DL. I will make certain not to use the names William Emerson or Patrick McInnis though, that would be a big mistake.

Iheartthed

Post Number: 1268
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I am going to look down at the invite sheet and read some names backwards that have not been checked off before I get to the table. I will give them one of the names, I hope they do not ask for my DL. I will make certain not to use the names William Emerson or Patrick McInnis though, that would be a big mistake."

Ahh, Q. It's been ages since you last checked out the night scene, no?

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1738
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How 'bout you guys call Elysium first to check whether there's even a Quicken party tonight before waiting in line and camping out in the bathroom :D

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 1091
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Guilty as charged, 2001 to be exact. When I worked for ENRON they had parties all the time at posh clubs in Houston. There was always an invite sheet that was used and it was mandatory to show your Employee ID to verify.

(Message edited by quozl on August 02, 2007)

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1309
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

You all seem to EXPECT him to:... Fix Up the street scape around GCP

That's being done right now.

Motorcitydave
Username: Motorcitydave

Post Number: 59
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Adding to the speculation again.... within the past week, someone has built a wooden house/shed on top of the theater half, and is now painted brown... also, landscaping crews were in Grand Circus Park the last couple days... edged everywhere, put in fresh mulch under every tree, and trimmed the branches on every tree....

Oh, and it looks like they actually fertilized the lawn!!! Amazing, I know. :-)

(Message edited by motorcitydave on August 02, 2007)

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1310
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plus, the streets around the park are being repaved.

Eric
Username: Eric

Post Number: 910
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think taking the work in and around GCP as potential sign is big stretch.

Iheartthed

Post Number: 1272
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Guilty as charged, 2001 to be exact. When I worked for ENRON they had parties all the time at posh clubs in Houston. There was always an invite sheet that was used and it was mandatory to show your Employee ID to verify.

LOL, nice edit... No wonder you're so grumpy.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5010
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alright Eric, I'll bite...

If you ask workers at the Book-Cadillac what's going on, they'll tell you (plus it has been mentioned lots of times in the local news).

If you ask workers at the Griswold Place what's going on, they'll tell you (plus it has been mentioned lots of times in the local news).

If you ask workers at the Fort-Shelby what's going on, they'll tell you (plus it has been mentioned lots of times in the local news).

If you ask workers at the Ilitch owned Detroit-Life Building what's going on, they'll tell you (plus it has been mentioned lots of times in the local news).

However, if you ask workers at the 2 buildings on either side of the Statler site (United Artists and Whitney Buildings) what's going on, they WON'T tell you (plus it has NOT been mentioned in the local news, plus there are NO permits on file at City Hall).

So tell us, why does that sound like a big stretch to you??

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9685
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope their announcement is followed by 24 consecutive hours of the 'ROCK theme song' being blared downtown. :-)

Gistok

Post Number: 5011
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1, I think I would rather have rock band Queen's "WE WILL WE WILL ROCK YOU!" :-)

Eric
Username: Eric

Post Number: 911
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was talking about the paving and landscaping going on, call me crazy, but I just don't see regular maintenance as a sign of Quickens move.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 1492
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I was talking about the paving and landscaping going on, call me crazy, but I just don't see regular maintenance as a sign of Quickens move."

LOL when you haven't seen "regular maintenance" in so long, it shocks you when you do.

Tony_pieroni
Username: Tony_pieroni

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Look for an article about GCP in the Detroit News soon, possibly tomorrow. They have a good reporter on the story. He's talking to building owners in the area.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1746
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how do you know he's a good reporter if you don't know his name?

Tony_pieroni
Username: Tony_pieroni

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who said I didn't know his name?

Lmcdet
Username: Lmcdet

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Toni... Do you have some inside info?

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 448
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

senator levin, someone help me. Whats his connection to quicken loan or habitat company. been hearing his name in conjuction to habitat taking over trolley plaza.

Downtown_remix

Post Number: 449
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This feels like the biggest cliffhanger since who shot JR on Dallas. How long did that last 2 seasons?

Billk
Username: Billk

Post Number: 69
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Landscaping going on in GCP today....

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 342
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ride my bike to work everyday, which includes crossing the Grand Circus Park area on Woodward Avenue. The very first thing I thought of Wednesday morning when the streets were all torn up was Rock/Quicken.

There was nothing wrong with Adams or Park, or whatever other roads were being resurfaced, so I wondered if there was some sort of preliminary underground infrastructure improvements or just surface improvements to make the area sparkle for the cameras.

Downtown_remix

Post Number: 450
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oooh my god, We all need counseling. We will have to have a Detroityes parade around Grand Circus Park.

Spitty
Username: Spitty

Post Number: 589
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tony_pieroni has said on here a few times that he owns the AAA building. I would imagine he knows something since his building is kind of right in the middle of this but it appears that he's not spilling the beans (that's assuming that there are beans in need of spilling).

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 343
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know. The trauma unit at Detroit Receiving has a waiting line that wraps around to Hutzel due to the abundance of detroityesers suffering heart failures.

Downtown_remix

Post Number: 451
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Habitat took over trolley plaza yesterday, residents are scared of being kicked out, fearing trolley will turn to condos any day, new staffers in management office and proposed major renovation,, RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO THE STATLER SITE. I wassnt losing my mind until now. I work there...lolol

Billk
Username: Billk

Post Number: 71
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, kids!
Let's have a parade! Everybody make up handmade signs. 'Detroit Welcomes Quicken Loans!' Welcome to Detroit Dan Gilbert!' 'Yay Qiucken! Yay Detroit!' Meet at GCP at noon Friday.

Rbdetsport
Username: Rbdetsport

Post Number: 362
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it Daniel Howes by any chance?

Gistok

Post Number: 5012
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Eric... you said "regular maintenance"... isn't that an oxymoron when it comes to city government! :-)