Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Whistleblower Law Suit - Verdict Announced » What side is telling the truth. Detroit Mayor or former Policeman « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is starting to get good, like a soap opera.
Today judge let Hizzoners purported affairs are open to questions by lawyers.
Cop was publicly called "untrustworthy" and "a liar." Is this what they mean by "Don't snitch"?
http://www.detroitnews.com/app s/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/200708 23/METRO/708230366&theme=Metro -Detroit-mayor

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2733
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only opinion that matters at this point is the jury's.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 338
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Either way ... Detroit loses.

Sg9018
Username: Sg9018

Post Number: 24
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/111422.html?1187808366

Bumble
Username: Bumble

Post Number: 317
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The mayor has proven himself to be a liar. Once a liar, always a liar.

As Quinn so distinctly said of the discredited zoo director, if he's going to lie about this, who knows what else he's lying about?

(Message edited by bumble on August 25, 2007)

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1933
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As Ben Stanczyk, former Common Pleas judge use to tell the attorneys in chambers when we had litigants who had exact opposite versions of the incident/accident:

"OK, lets impanel the jury and let the perjury begin"

But sadly, Paulm is right-"either way, Detroit loses".

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 55
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Dag-gone' snitches and sell-outs...Those cops deserve a
'sambo award' !!!!

blksoul-atcha!

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5179
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^^
Sounds like the owner of a don't snitch T-Shirt!

Justice be damned!!

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1234
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

O.K., so Blksoul_x would have us believe that this issue is, of course, all about race. It's a fuckin' shame that black people are required to silently tolerate any, or all, anti-social, misogynistic, racist, psychopathic, outright criminal or otherwise disgraceful and deplorable acts committed by other black people... That any break from that unspoken mandate is made at the risk of ostracization, with the result being that the person will be labelled as a "snitch" or a "sambo." Another fine example of how some black folks insist on holding each other down.
Regarding the case at hand, obviously someone is lying, and whoever it is, they are lying at the expense of the reputation and general well-being, financial and otherwise, of another black person. The implication of Bs_x's ridiculous comment is that, even if the accusers are telling the truth, they should have allowed themselves to be run out of their jobs, and possibly even their homes and their city, rather than drop a dime on a brother. I suppose that's easy to say, when it's not your life and livelihood on the line.

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 117
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The flaw with bs_x's comment is that its hard to determine in print if he was serious or joking.No body language or tone to let the real context be known.

Ravine

Post Number: 1237
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The general tone is consistent with previous entries by Bs_x.

Detroitprincess
Username: Detroitprincess

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The mayor has proven he is scandalous time and time again. He is more of a socialite living large then a mayor. He is a joke and he makes Detroit a laughing stock. He doesn't do any good for this city. I hope the next mayor is good. We need a lot of changes. Starting with our police force. We should hire the cops back that snitched on the mayor. They were only doing their job and the right thing.

Paulmcall

Post Number: 340
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Reminds me of people who think Michael Vick did nothing wrong.

Ravine

Post Number: 1239
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well now, let's remember that we don't know which party is lying. Just because a couple of fired cops claim that hizzoner is a philandering low-life doesn't mean it's true. The word of a cop is not worth any special respect, that's for goddam sure.

Bumble

Post Number: 319
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 4:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Ravine

Post Number: 1239
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 11:04 pm:

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------
Well now, let's remember that we don't know which party is lying. Just because a couple of fired cops claim that hizzoner is a philandering low-life doesn't mean it's true. The word of a cop is not worth any special respect, that's for goddam sure.

We know which party has lied in the past.

Shit, every time he says the grass is cut on a 10-day rotation, he's lying.

Ohudson
Username: Ohudson

Post Number: 265
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine, I missed the part in Blksoul_x's post about race. A snitch is a snitch, could be black, white, city, suburban... It seems more like you wanted to make it all about race.

Someone in this case is lying and ultimately the courts will most likely screw it up.

Bumble, the former officers most likely have lied too. I'm sure Carlita has asked "where did you go?" and I'm sure they didn't say "to the barbershop so the mayor can get some".

Brightonirish
Username: Brightonirish

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know, until Detroiters wake up and vote for someone who cares about the city more than they care about living like a high roller this city will never come back to what it once was.

Just like Yogi Berra said: "This is like deja vu all over again." He's just another Coleman A Young.

Brightonirish
Username: Brightonirish

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know, until Detroiters wake up and vote for someone who cares about the city more than they care about living like a high roller this city will never come back to what it once was.

Just like Yogi Berra said: "This is like deja vu all over again." He's just another Coleman A Young.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9871
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Th ebest way to make a difference then is to move to the city and make your vote count.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2381
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Th ebest way to make a difference then is to move to the city and make your vote count.

Far easier to bitch from a distance...

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 468
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What the mayor does on his own time is his business. Infidelity between partners is a private-personal matter. Our biological needs dont stop when we become mayor. Kwame Kilpatrick should be judged on his job as mayor, not his sexcapades. Most males with money and power are going to sample and stray. Yes it is, as a matter of principle (and law) to fire someone for 'whislteblowing'.

Bumble

Post Number: 320
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Bumble, the former officers most likely have lied too. I'm sure Carlita has asked "where did you go?" and I'm sure they didn't say "to the barbershop so the mayor can get some".

"Most likely" isn't the same as "does it every time he opens his mouth." Yours is conjecture, mine is a matter of public record.

I'll also take their record of achievement against his. And if veteran police officers are answering to the mayor's wife, all the better Kilpatrick's oafish antics be revealed.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6398
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What whould happen if former Detroit Police Deputy Jerry Brown wins the case? Would KING KWAME be recalled as mayor of Detroit so that he could face criminal charges? God knows what he did. There was a HIP HOP party at the Manoogian Mansion. There was strippers,too. Two of them are DEAD! thanks to KING KWAME'S BLACK KNIGHTS OF THE SQUARE TABLE.

Paulmcall

Post Number: 342
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame will never be recalled as mayor.
The city (as usual) will probably have to pay out some money.
Another black eye for the city and they'll move on with business as usual.
Now if Kwame's wife divorced him, the sparks would really fly.

Ct4life
Username: Ct4life

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's quite possible that, whatever the jury's verdict, Kilpatrick will still come out on top. See my thoughts on this:

http://detroitramblings.blogsp ot.com/2007/08/its-on-civil-tr ial-of-former-dpd.html

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 878
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have so much going on in my life that I really don't have the time to pay attention to this soap opera.

Que sera, sera.

Bumble

Post Number: 321
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But you have time to post that you don't have time to follow the trial. . . ?

Yvette248

Post Number: 882
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Two seconds as opposed to the hours and hours you're evidently spending absorbing every salacious detail.

Pjazz
Username: Pjazz

Post Number: 77
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Most Detroit cops have never cared about anyone's interest but their own. When the mayor tried to shake things up in a police department that has been notorious for doing poor work for years they did everything they could to discredit the administration.

I realize the Mayor is no saint, but its the police job to do what is benificial to the city and not make our leaders look like fools. Contrary to the continued cry for a recall the city is doing pretty good considering Michigan economy.

If these guys hit the lottery and win there case I doubt it will prove there was any infamous party, but just show they were let go improperly and continue the police rain of draining this city of money.

Bumble

Post Number: 322
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 6:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Yvette248

Post Number: 882
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 9:44 pm:

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------
Two seconds as opposed to the hours and hours you're evidently spending absorbing every salacious detail.

That's right. I guess gay politicians aren't my thing. To each her own.

One_shot
Username: One_shot

Post Number: 332
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope this isn't another frivalous lawsuit and they finally nail the crooked a$$hole. Even if he is guilty as charged most of the carefree people of detroit will just forgive him anyways. I'm sure he'll rediscover Jesus after this too.