Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » St. Matthew » Archive through April 12, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Carm
Username: Carm

Post Number: 37
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What ever happened to Fr. Gordon? Does anyone remember the priest that was there in the early 80's. I can't remember his name, but he was a young guy. I believe he was there before Fr. Hildebrant and Fr. Smits. I remember one time prior to making my first communion he let some of us kids try a communion wafer so we could see what it taste like. Since they hadn't been blessed yet, it was o.k. to let us try one.

Harpernottingham
Username: Harpernottingham

Post Number: 125
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm pretty sure Father Gordon died a few years back. I hope I'm wrong, but I seem to recall hearing that somewhere. I think I heard that he ended up at St. Joan of Arc in St. Clair Shores. Can anybody confirm that?

Carm

Post Number: 38
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks.

Drm
Username: Drm

Post Number: 1085
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know who came after Fr. Gordon, but before him, all serving at the same time, were Fr. Schweider, Fr. O'Hagan and Fr. Jim Brougham (sp?). Fr. Jim later served as pastor of St. Agatha in Redford, which I believe closed a few years ago. Back then there were at least 3 or 4 masses every Sunday at St. Matthew and I remember the place being pretty full. The parking lot which doubled as our school playground would be full, as well as a lot across Harper and another one across Whittier (where the newspaper recycling trailer used to be). During one of the masses, there was a special service in the basement auditorium of the church for children.

A quick search of the web reveals a Knights of Columbus council named after Fr. Gordon: Council 12102 - MSGR JOHN T GORDON of STERLING HEIGHTS, STERLING HTS, MI 48312. link

Tarkus
Username: Tarkus

Post Number: 260
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fr. McEnhill was the only young priest that I remember from the 70's.

Harpernottingham

Post Number: 126
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Then there was the Italian priest, Father Bonicci. Not sure on the spelling, but it was pronounced Bo-NEE-chee.

Sunday mass in the late '70s and early '80s were at 7:30, 9:30, 11, and 12:30.

As an altar boy, I had to check The Pulse newsletter every week to see if I had to serve. I always dreaded to see my name in there at 7:30 a.m.

Tarkus

Post Number: 262
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't forget the Saturday 4:30pm mass. It always wrecked summer afternoons by going to serve.

Harpernottingham

Post Number: 127
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I kinda preferred Saturday afternoons. Was never a morning guy.

I remember being on the football team and having to go to 4:30 mass every Saturday, with the whole team wearing our football jerseys over our blue shirts and blue pants.

Gee, our old LaSalle ran great ...
Those were the days.

Chalu64
Username: Chalu64

Post Number: 93
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember going to that mass, too. I remember you guys doing that, wearing your uniforms.

To this day, if I make it to mass, it's on Saturday.

Carm

Post Number: 39
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Every once in a while my mom and dad got on a church kick and we had to go. Usually it was the last Mass in the morning. I think because my sister and I wouldn't get up. I didn't mind Saturday Mass because you could get it over and done with. To me my church is St. Matthews. No other church feels right. We had our daughter baptized there. My 2 boys haven't been baptized. I wanted to join St. Matts, so they could be baptized there, but I was kind of discouraged from joining. I live in Sterling Heights, so it is a bit away. Plus I was told it is an older congragation. And they want you to make a commitment to the church and be an active member. Of course all I wanted was for them to be baptized.

Taj920
Username: Taj920

Post Number: 179
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carm:
I doubt if you will find any church -- city or suburb -- that will baptize your child without you becoming a parishioner.

Carm

Post Number: 40
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know that. I understand that. However I never said I just want to baptize them and thats it. I have no problems attending church and giving them my donation every week. My point is that because I lived out of the parish, I was kind of encouraged to go to another church closer to me, rather than the one I feel comfortable in. When I called my local parish when I first moved and asked about baptism I couldn't get a straight answer out of them. I had to talk to the director, and he wanted me to meet with the committee. All I wanted was some questions answered to help me make some decisions about whether I wanted to join that church or not.

Chalu64

Post Number: 95
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They shouldn't be turning away any family interested in joining---who knows how long our beloved church will be around before it's either closed or merged. They need parishioners, period. Whether they live nearby or in Sterling Hgts. I know plenty of families who had lived in the area that now live out in Macomb County. Several of them remain members of St.Matts,although they only attend mass there a few times a year.

Carm

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This was a few years back. It was the secretary or whoever answered the phone. They didn't say I couldn't join, but were just letting me know it might not be what I remembered.

Tammypio
Username: Tammypio

Post Number: 89
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carm...I urge you to come and visit St. Matthew and see if it is still what you are looking for. We have quite a few young families in the parish. There are still a lot of older parishioners there too...which makes for a nice mix and some diversity.
I live in Lincoln Park and drive to St. Matthew every Sunday and every Thursday for choir practice. Can you carry a tune? We are always looking for more choir members!!!
My family and I joined the parish almost 3 years ago and we are very happy there. My son is 10 years old and is an altar server. There are quite a few kids his age at the parish and there seem to be even more younger children.
Again, please come and check it out. Mass is at 10 a.m. on Sunday (CHOIR SINGS!) and at 4:30 on Saturday (our music minister/organist/choir director always does an amazing job!). If you come on Sunday, please feel free to come on up to the choir loft and say hi!
St. Matthew has a beauty all of it's own. I have come to discover that it isn't just the beauty of the building, but a combination of many things that make being there such a spiritual and enriching experience. Hope to see you sometime!

Carm

Post Number: 43
Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 8:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tammypio, I can't carry a tune in a bucket if I tried. My sons are 9 and 10. Do you know when the religious ed classes are? They still haven't been baptized or had their First Communion. Being that I went to school their I never had to deal with separate classes for this stuff. Do they even do a baptism, communion together? Thanks for any help.

Boshna
Username: Boshna

Post Number: 160
Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carm, they do something called RCIC, which is a year-long program that prepares children for baptism and first holy communion at Easter. These classes begin in the fall. The parish is so small at this point that classes would most likely be at St. Clare of Montefalco. A couple of kids around the same ages did the same thing a few years ago and the pastor brought in a religious ed instructor to give them private classes.

Here is what I would recommend: Start attending mass at the parish now. Make sure you really like the community. Then, in the fall, if you are truly pleased with the parish, join and start the baptism/confirmation process for your sons.

It is most normal for someone to attend the parish for a while without being registered. I highly doubt you will be discouraged from joining if your face is familiar in the congregation.

Hope this helps.

Carm

Post Number: 44
Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for your all your help.

Tammypio

Post Number: 90
Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carm: I agree with Boshna's suggestions above. I do know that the children have to do sacramental preparation outside of St. Matthew. For some reason, I believe this takes place at St. Philomena, but I could be way off base.
My son had just received his first Holy Communion from our previous parish when we joined St. Matthew. I need to find out the information myself soon since I believe confirmation comes up in a couple of years. I would love to see St. Matts continue to grow and to be able to offer sacramental preparation again one day.
When I was feeling the need for a change from my previous parish, I did a bit of "church-hopping" and found what I was looking for at St. Matthew. After almost three years, I have found another family among the choir members and parishioners there.
Please do consider visiting and checking us out when you and your family get the opportunity to do so. While I am probably a bit biased since I am in the choir, I must say that the music program is very very cool. If you can't make it before then, I'd highly recommend coming to some Holy Week services. From Holy Thursday to Easter Sunday, each service offers something special. It is hard to fully describe how spiritually fulfilling and moving they actually are.
Again, I hope to see you sometime!
By the way, as an outsider, it has been a lot of fun to read of all of your posts and memories about St. Matthew. Keep 'em coming!

Chalu64

Post Number: 97
Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a plate I bought on Ebay with an image of the church. Remember the Jubilee Celebration? What year was that, 77? I'm not sure if that was a commemorative plate or not.... I remember the parties, though. Lots of good planning on the part of the Mother's club and Mens Club. What a magical time.

Tarkus

Post Number: 269
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sad news.
Charlie Kane passed away. Husband of Mrs. Marie Kane and Tim and Mary-Beth both alumni of St. Matts.
Mr. Kane was very active in the sports of St. Matts. especially baseball and football, he was a good guy.
Visitation is at Verheydens, Monday 2-9pm.
Services are Tuesday at St. Matthews 9am.

Chalu64

Post Number: 100
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My mom told me the news last night. I feel sad---what a nice family.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 1933
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Saw Mr. Kane's death notice in the paper this morning. He was a good friend of my late father. Those old eastside guys...friends forever!!

Maxcarey
Username: Maxcarey

Post Number: 34
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carm

Post Number: 45
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We are having our basement finished. While going thru boxes and clearing the area I found pictures of my 8th grade graduation with Father Gordon. Unfortunatly, my scanner doesn't work so I can't post any of them.

Drm

Post Number: 1086
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I have a plate I bought on Ebay with an image of the church. Remember the Jubilee Celebration? What year was that, 77? I'm not sure if that was a commemorative plate or not.... I remember the parties, though. Lots of good planning on the part of the Mother's club and Mens Club. What a magical time.

That was 1977. I remember riding in the school bus during a parade that year (maybe the East Warren Business Association parade?) and chanting, "Yay, St. Matthew's! We're here to stay!" Some of the parishioners built a float in the image of the church that year which traveled to many parades in the area. I think that was also about the time that some of the parishioners installed the lights that to this day still illuminate the church.

Chalu64

Post Number: 108
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DRM,
Did you go to St Matt's school? What years?

Drm

Post Number: 1089
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chalu64, yes I went to St. Matthew from 1976 through 1981.

Jasoncw
Username: Jasoncw

Post Number: 345
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My brother and sister went there, and I've been there a lot of times, but it was so long ago I don't remember. Does anyone have more photos?

Chalu64

Post Number: 113
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DRM,

What high school?

Carm

Post Number: 48
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone ever call Harper Sports about our marauder?

Carharttmike
Username: Carharttmike

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am new to the forum but what a great thread. I am St. Matthew class of '77. Yorkshire between waveny and cornwall. My kids go to OL Star of the Sea in GPW and have Ms. Liamini for third grade. Still working on those multiplication tables. I also recently ran into Paul Schulte. Turns out he still lives in his parents house which is a block away from me. Looking back he was tough but I think of all the teachers I've ever had he made the strongest impression on me.

Chalu64

Post Number: 117
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CarharttM, how was Paul Schulte doing? Last I heard, he was ill. I'm assuming all is well with him?

Boshna
Username: Boshna

Post Number: 163
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone remember a deceased parishioner named Helen McGregor?

Imperfectly
Username: Imperfectly

Post Number: 209
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh gosh the multiplication tables !!! was it donuts ???? that was fun.

and yeah i posted myself mid 1980s so everyone could kinda see our marauder....i want results !!

:-)

Carharttmike
Username: Carharttmike

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chalu64, he looked OK a bit frail. I'm guessing he has to be in his late 60's at least.

Tarkus

Post Number: 295
Posted on Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be seeing Mr. Lebryk next week. Any messages for the cockroach king?

Chalu64

Post Number: 131
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't remember the cockroach thing. ; (

Harpernottingham

Post Number: 140
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tell Frank Lebryk he is fondly remembered!

Class of '83.

Chalu64

Post Number: 132
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tell Jim and Frank they owe me some of that beer from the old days at Mr. Cs. Wait a second, I don't drink beer. Hmmm...

Tarkus

Post Number: 302
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I checked The Pointe After today for St. Matts shirts. They said they only have schools that have closed. I informed them that it had a few years ago. Then the nitwit behind the counter asked his Mom or the manager "have you ever heard of St. Matthews"?. I left. I'm checking Harper Sport tomorrow.

Chalu64

Post Number: 146
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those people need to be slapped. I won't be shopping there anymore.
C'mon, that's pathetic. "Heard of St. Matthew's...." Sheesh.

I'm telling you, we have to print them ourselves.

Maxcarey

Post Number: 64
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 7:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the Pointe After only has high schools that have closed (ND Bishop Gallagher, Servite, etc). I can't really blame a youngin' for not knowing about St. Matt's, it's unfortunate, but why would they know about it?

Chalu64

Post Number: 147
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They had St. Ambrose shirts previously.

Maxcarey

Post Number: 66
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, but Ambrose also had a high school with a pretty famous football program.

Chalu64

Post Number: 148
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yup, you're preaching to the choir about eastside gradeschool/HS football.

Maxcarey

Post Number: 67
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I truly miss those days.

Imperfectly

Post Number: 215
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

let us know what you hear !

Taj920
Username: Taj920

Post Number: 202
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Lebryk's older bro Mike runs Manor pharmacy on Mack in the Woods. Take your prescriptions to him instead of the chains.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2138
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know the Zainea kids went to St. Matthew. Their dad Joe Zainea who owns the Majestic/Garden Bowl complex is quoted in today's Detroit News as part of their current weekly article on Woodward at 200:

"Joe Zainea credits the bachelors.

They mostly worked at Burroughs, General Motors Corp. or one of the downtown banks, and on Monday mornings in the 1940s they would arrive at Detroit's East Grand Boulevard train station from the suburbs and stash their bags in tiny hotel rooms. After work each night, they tore up the town, hitting the clubs, ballrooms, bowling alleys and taxi-dance halls. "I can't tell you how busy they made Woodward," said Zainea, whose family owns the Majestic Theatre complex. "Without a doubt, this was one of the busiest areas in the Midwest. We were jammed because this area had so much employment."

Detroit was hopping, and anyone who could crawl, walk or jump on a streetcar to Woodward Avenue was in for a night of revelry. With dozens of auto companies in production, the teens and 1920s were prosperous years on Woodward, a time when Grand Circus Park was ringed with new movie theaters and a slew of ballrooms opened, driven by the national fox trot craze. ..."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20070326/M ETRO/703260389&theme=Metro-Woo dward

Chalu64

Post Number: 149
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 7:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Zaineas are good folk. One brother and family lived on Audubon, the other brother on OuterDrive. Talk about a giving family. The bowling alley was host to many St. Matt's events during the 70/80s. There generosity was endless.

Harpernottingham

Post Number: 153
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember them living on Outer Drive.
And I heard Papa Joe talking on the News' Web site.
Pretty neat.

But, Joe, you're not old enough to remember the teens and the '20s!

Love ya anyhow, old timer.

Tarkus

Post Number: 311
Posted on Saturday, March 31, 2007 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chalu, Mr. Lebryk says Hi:-) My brother did the cockroach for old times sake today for Mr. Lebryk.

Chalu64

Post Number: 153
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 7:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Tark. Hope you're well. Gotta still plan that reunion. My work load has just lifted, have some time now.

Harpernottingham

Post Number: 168
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chalu, if you have any advice on a reunion, I'm all ears. I'm the Class of '83.

We should start an alumni Web site!

Chalu64

Post Number: 158
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes yes yes to the Alum Website.

Imperfectly

Post Number: 221
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It would be really fun to have a reunion IN the school somehow.
I have not been inside the school portion since the day I left in 1989.
I have been in the church once since then.
IT was maybe 4 years ago.
It was emotional to sit in those same pews....and stare at that domed mosaic.
Even got to go down in the basement where the stage was ....remember having plays down there ?
I remember watching Jesus Christ Superstar down there ....which now im suprised that happened.
Ahhhh I would love to get to wander thru those halls again.

Chalu64

Post Number: 162
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We wanted to have the previous reunion ('02) in the Gym. Father Novelli wasn't too keen on having it there or in the auditorium.

Carm

Post Number: 51
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I haven't been in the school since June of 1988. I was last in the church in May of 1992. I have often thought lately that I would love to walk thru there one last time. Maybe take my kids so they can see where Mom went to school. It would be nice if we could get Fr. Novelli to agree to it.

Tammypio

Post Number: 111
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone tried having a current St. Matthew parishioner ,who is also an alumnus, ask Fr. Novelly about having the reunion there? He might feel better about it all if he knew the contact person better...just a suggestion.
By the way, Joe Zainea is still a very active parishioner at St. Matts.
Good luck! Reading all of your memories has been very cool and I would love to hear that you can have the reunion there.

Chalu64

Post Number: 170
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The school building is rented out to another school.
And, for the record, it was a current parishioner who asked Fr. N.
I supposed we could ask again. TammyP, do you want to do it?
; )

Tammypio

Post Number: 112
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, I was just trying to help. The school is rented to DPS right now. So he does know the contact person...I wonder why he "wasn't keen" on it then. Hmmmmmm....!
Hope things work out!

Chalu64

Post Number: 171
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, I didn't take it in a negative way. Nor was I being sarcastic in my comment, hence the smiley face.

I was more disappointed in the fact that we couldn't hold it there. And you're right, it would have just meant a phone call to whomever. I'm assuming you are an alum, too?

Tammypio

Post Number: 113
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, I am a parishioner at St. Matt's. I've only been there for three years and have no "pull" whatsoever. I wish I did because I'd love to see you be able to come back and enjoy the place. If If I were an alum, I'd be bugging the heck out of Novelly.
By the way, no offense taken.... :-) !