Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Whistleblower Law Suit - Verdict Announced » Whistleblowers Win. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 59
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WJR just reported that the jury awarded millions to the police whistle blowers.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 575
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20070911/NEWS01/ 70911027&theme=KILPATRICK08200 7

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 576
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The jury has awarded $3.6 million to Brown and Nelthrope received $2.9 million."

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 2294
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why should the whole city be punished for the Mayor's actions? Make him pay for it out of pocket.

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 120
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^Wouldn't that be awesome?
I'm happy for the two cops, but as a taxpayer I'm furious that we're all paying for the mayor's arrogance. He should've settled this when he had the chance. Or, better yet, not fired them in the first place.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1914
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ain't over yet. The city will certainly appeal, and this matter will drag on for some time yet.

If the city was wise, it would first appeal, and then offer the two a settlement for about 1/3 of what the jury gave. Not that they would take it, but it's a possibility.

Marianewtothed
Username: Marianewtothed

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree Diehard. I'm waiting for some sort of protest from the 'Diehard' Kilpatrick supporters. You know, those who voted based on emotions and word of mouth rather than facts and statistics.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 3925
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 8:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

An appeal isn't a retrial. It'll have to deal with purely legal matters and procedures from the trial. And all the time the interest cash register will be running, which already is $1.4 million.

One_shot
Username: One_shot

Post Number: 334
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AMEN! I was shocked that channel 7's poll found that 95% of the people polled agreed with the verdict! It is sad that the people of Detroit have to foot the bill for his arrogance but remember who elected the punk...