Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » East vs.West « Previous Next »
Archive through December 13, 2007Detroitrise30 12-12-07  11:55 pm
Archive through December 14, 2007Goblue30 12-14-07  7:20 pm
Archive through December 17, 2007Goblue30 12-17-07  12:14 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 5767
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rouge Park was much the same way. The cops got their jollies however, so you would probably be a recipient of a five battery flashlight in your face. He'd never ask you to get out the car, just get moving. No ident, nothing like that.

I hear it was cops and badguys on the Eastside.
jjaba much preferred a house party in her basement.
jjaba.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5915
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I lived exactly 4 blocks from Balduck Park, athough I was not one to cruise the park. Now I know why the city closed the roadway going from Chandler Park Drive to behind Balduck Park hill.

That sounds confusing... they should have named the main road going thru Balduck Park... Balduck Park Drive... and NOT Chandler Park Drive. :-)

The boulevard east of Outer Drive should have been named Balduck Park Drive... the boulevard west of Outer Drive should have remained Chandler Park Drive. Granted all 3 are the same long continuous street.

(Message edited by Gistok on December 17, 2007)

7_and_kelly_kid
Username: 7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 27
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

.........how 'bout the "Foot of Alter Rd."?

Jjaba

Post Number: 5769
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've heard about Alter Rd. to watch submarine races. On Westside, all's we could do is dream about water. This is fully city over here.
One massive residential, retail, and industrial sprawl, most abandoned, and ripe for the next generation to re-inhabit.

We could list a million businesses that have gone from our salad days. (Sears, Wards, Sanders, Holley Carb., Micromatic Hone, Ex-cello, DeSotos, GM, all the movies, Nash-Kelvinator, CF Smiths, Wrigleys, Federal's, Crowley-Milners, Robert Hall, Cunninghams, Kresges, Darby's, you name it.

jjaba.

Caldogven
Username: Caldogven

Post Number: 145
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eiredearie -
The girls came over from Goldberg in nineteen fifty seven. Yes, Mr. Schimelfening had the engine class. I've heard he passed away several years ago. His son was a couple years behind me. Mr. Meier the head of the English Dept. was our sponsor. I would never have graduated if not for him.
I was in Julie's every day. I can still hear Little Richard coming from the jukebox!
I too had friends from all over town.

(Message edited by caldogven on December 17, 2007)

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 411
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Caldogven - Yes Mr. Schimelfening did pass away, I think in 2001 or 2002. I remember his obit in the paper. Sometime in the late 70's I attended a friend's wedding reception and come to find out he was one of her uncles. He remembered me and we sat together and had a great time reminiscing about school life. He was such a great guy.

Mr. Meier must have left before I got there. I don't remember him at all.

As for Julie's, whenever I think about that place I hear Fat's Domino coming from the jukebox. "I Left My Thrill On Blueberry Hill" and "Hooka Tooka". Geesh! Those were some great times, eh?

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 830
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7&K: Foot of Alter and foot of Lakewood were pretty much the same...Alter was the wooded park...Lakewood was the parking lot...which is why ES61 is so focused on Lakewood. It depended on the season...summer was Alter with a blanket in the trees...winter was Lakewood in the backseat with the heater going...or so I've heard...the legend on the Eastside is that ES61 and SH used a whole tank of gas parked there one winter weekend.

7_and_kelly_kid
Username: 7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 30
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

..a tank of gas?...........in '61?..........sigh........agai n.that (premium..........and Ethyl would pump)......for $10.00.......plus a carton of Chesterfields,...

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 657
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7/K - foot of Alter meant that you had to also drive over the Ashland bump at a high speed.....there was some clown in a white ford convert who hit the Ashland bump doing about 60 + just destroyed his whole vehicle....i wonder what ever happened to him...but the legend lives on....also in the winter the south of Jefferson neighborhoods had cement alleys - No known cement alleys on the westside....which meant that same ford guy would cruise the neighborhood after a big snow fall and would look for people out in the alley and he would speed down the alley at again a high rate of speed and the snow would spray out both sides behind the vehicle up to about the 5 foot level and many an unsuspecting person in the alley was totally showered with wet snow......in the summer getting into the GP Park because it had lighted tennis courts was another eastside challenge since one had to prove one was a resident of GP....but it was done on many occasion in the late 50' early 60's which can to added to the legends of the Eastside.....Gas got as low as 18.9 sometimes on 8 mile......but a true eastsider was always looking for the WHITE 56 Ford Crown Victoria convert....driven buy the legendary GB with his princeton hair cut .......even the King of the westside Jjaba would have been impressed by the antics of GB....in fact I think Jjaba and GB both flunked out of WMU.....I have always wondered why Jjaba never went to the uOFm.....and the westsider like Jjaba opted out and should have gone to Central HS but decided that CASS TECH which was dominated by eastsiders was his school.....but then he hung out with GB (eastsider) in Kalamazoo....after graduation from CASS....remember Jjaba that Cass also played sports as an eastside team....

GB - invite Jjaba to the motown reunion tour of the neighborhood (EASTSIDE) on 7/31/08......we will pick him up on La Salle blvd - Euclid --Clairmont - Collingwood - just name the street Jjaba......see ya in July!

Goblue

Post Number: 832
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: WOW! ES is once again showing the effects of the acid dropping in the 60's! Mama's should never let their kids go to San Francisco to live!

I'm not certain that poor Jjaba's heart could take a reunion of Eastsiders...those Westside folks lived a pretty sheltered life.

Eastside61

Post Number: 660
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - If westsiders (Jjaba) had any class they would meet us at DTW in July.....we would take a tour of the Roosevelt - Durfee - Central HS neighborhood and then we would head east to the promised land.......and all this in an all terrain vehicle.....Jjaba you drive....GB I am troubled by your previous response.....Oh! that's right ....you grew up west of Hayes.....remember while you and the mayor of the westside (Jjaba) were bonding in K-zoo, etc I was workin' on the EASTSIDE in the SE neighborhood actually educating students - helping families and having a hellava good time - ......never have worked in the suburbia education world....Come east boys......let me know where we should meet in July......with my luck it would be at JrVass tent in Palmer Park.....off of Manderson.......go technicians and broncos

Melody
Username: Melody

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hamtramck isn't a suburb. It seems pretty urban to me, anyway. I compare it to Brooklyn, which is considered a borough, not a suburb. Eastside is the best side. Neither side is perfect, but I prefer the Eastside. There's the lake, Jefferson/Lakeshore to avoid 94, and Buscemi's just to name a few. Gotta admit though, I'm dating a Westsider. We live on the Eastside, of course.

Goblue

Post Number: 838
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Convert him Melody...convert him! He'll be happier for it and will thank you all the days of his life. You're right about Hamtramack...tough to call it a burb.

Eastside61

Post Number: 665
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Melody - good for you......are you dating Jjaba?????

Goblue

Post Number: 840
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not likely she's dating him. Jjaba is old enough to be her grandfather! Gotta wonder though...what's a nice girl like Melody doing with a Westsider?

Eastside61

Post Number: 668
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

M - Call the eastside help hot line......I think GB is manning the phones all afternoon

Goblue

Post Number: 842
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Thinking more....of course, that's what they said when ME took up with you...so...maybe there's hope. Like ME's father said the first time he met you..."There's no accounting for taste."

Eastside61

Post Number: 669
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - I said what a smart FOX.......and it was true..... she visited the eastside only on two different occasions and that was enough for her..........but it still did wonders for us!

Goblue

Post Number: 848
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I'm certain that your display of courage by walking to your former place of employment impressed the hell out of her.

Jjaba

Post Number: 5773
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastsdie61 and M=Go=Blue sure are having fun.

For starters, jjaba attended Noble, Tappan, then Cass Tech. Lived near Wyoming, not Linwood, but he knows Linwood and Dexter, La Salle Blvd, 12th Street like the back of him hand. His home HS district is Mackenzie HS, school of Jerome Bettis.

jjaba had his Bar Mitzvah on Linwood Ave. near Oakman Blvd. but not high school.

jjaba welcomes Melody to The Forum. Be careful.

He chose WMU. It just popped up on the radar as the happening place for this happening Westsider.
Goblue and other Broncos know why.

To assert that Cass Tech. is now, or was then, an Eastside school is pure Eastside rubbish.
There are students who trundle down to Cass Tech. from Telegraph Rd., from Lahser Rd., from W. Eight Mile Rd., from W. Seven Mile and Livernois, etc. neighborhoods. They live in DelRay, Warrendale, Sherwood Forest, Palmer Woods, Brightmoor.

jjaba, Westsider.

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 607
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Central to the east and westside jjaba. If you live close to Woodward arent you halfway, sort of, between east and westside?

Jjaba

Post Number: 5775
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastside is East of Woodward Avenue. However, there's an area known as Northend up Woodward around Six Mile. Terryh, jjaba doesn't really comprehend your comments.

jjaba.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 785
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

let's just say that eastsider's are very passionate.
does st matthews count as an eastsider :-)
a wmu alumni

The_ed
Username: The_ed

Post Number: 1679
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Melody welcome to DetroitYES!

Goblue

Post Number: 853
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lefty2: You're right...Eastsider's are VERY passionate...just ask ES61 about SH. What year WMU?

Jjaba

Post Number: 5782
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Passionate is what you call it.

jjaba looks up and sees a sea of Eastsiders with fishing poles at the Ft. of Alter Rd. Nothing says Eastside like Denby, a six pack of Pfeiffers or Strohs, and a fishing pole.

jjaba, LOL, on the Dexter Bus.

Me3head
Username: Me3head

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lived in RO when I was in MI, east of Woodward, but always thought myself a westsider.

Bookbird454
Username: Bookbird454

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a great discussion! I'm in downtown now, as I have been off and on my entire adult life. However, I was raised in the Joy Road/Grand River area. My Mom still lives in the family house she and my Dad purchased in 1959. Does anyone remember the smell of burning leaves during our beautiful Indian summers? How about the great trick or treating we experienced before the crazies began? I remember so many Christmas lights on the houses that the reflection on the snow was must magical. My five siblings and I really lived the life of the kids in the movie, The Christmas Story. Our story for real! Really glad I 'stumbled' onto this forum.

Eastside61

Post Number: 674
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba - 1000's of eastsiders attended CT while only you and one other kid who actually lived in Windsor attend CT...I think CT got some type of federal money for taking you in the late 50's......glad that you were able to finally get to the true westside neighborhood off La Salle Blvd.....My first tennis match while playing for DHS I crushed this guy from MHS .......it was so much fun! GB and I would like to have you come over to the ES and let's go fishing...you know how - right?

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 169
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bookbird454,
Welcome "Home" to DetroitYES, It's great to be in the company of people who remember the same things, of such a wonderful time, not so long ago!

Goblue

Post Number: 856
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Jjaba has to bring the Stroh's...we'll bring the fishing poles...hope he knows how to bait a hook with a worm...these poor Westside guys!

BB454: Jjaba will remember too...he's the Westside historian...gradually being converted to the real world.

Bookbird454
Username: Bookbird454

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny, Goblue, this Eastside/Westside conversation. Growing up we were not allowed east of Woodward but oddly, almost every guy I dated was from the eastside. Finally, at 30 years old, I fell in love with a guy on East Outer Drive and Southhampton. Opened up an entirely new world to me. Later, my husband and I moved to the Kelly 7 Mile area. Few family and friends would visit; they said they had to pack a lunch to come that far! Anyway, as all of you know, Detroit is full of beautiful neighborhoods throughout.

Jjaba

Post Number: 5785
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bookbird, welcome. That was funny.
Going to the Eastside is packing for a day in the desert, you are so right. Bring plenty of water and food.
jjaba, can't top that one.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1305
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For the record and sorry Jjaba...

Belle Isle is on the East side.

I know you get a little edgy because the East Side has the Ren Cen, Comerica Park, Compuware, DMC, Faygo, Better Made, Gratiot (pronounce it yourself), most of Riverwalk, Dequindre Cut, Lake St Clair, Grosse Pointe, Indian Village, etc... but you have whatever it is you have over there.

Goblue

Post Number: 859
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BB454: Now that was real rebellion against parents...Westside girl falls in love with Eastside guy...smart girl! Eastsiders make far better lovers!

East_D: That's tellin' 'em!

Jjaba

Post Number: 5788
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Packards, gone.
Hudson Motors, gone.
Budd Wheel, gone.
Dodge Main, gone.
Milwaukee Junction decimated, gone.
Shrohs, gone.
Pfeiffers, gone.
US Rubber, gone.
Detroit Stove Works, gone.
Parke Davis, gone.
Belle Isle, a ghost.
Detroit City Airport, ghost.
Maxwell Motors, gone.
Chalmers Motors, gone.
All Eastside. All gone.
There's more but don't wish to use up space.

jjaba, Proudly Westside.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1158
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastside has Buddy's, Loui's, Faygo, The City's only Water Park, Pizzapapalis and DMC is you want to get technical, Eastern Market, Metro Beach, Detroit's only Chrysler Plant, Detroit's only GM Plant,

Westside has...

-DelRay (embarrassing)
-River Rouge (even more embarrassing)
-Oakland County ('nuff said)
-Sprawling Freeways
-Linwood and Dexter
-Brightmoor
-Warrendale
-FASTLY declining upscale neighborhoods

I'll stop there.

Eastside61

Post Number: 679
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba - surrender now.....you are out manned - out numbered - and just out of your class to compete with the eastsiders.....but you did go to an EASTSIDE HS.......It will be "ok" and is it true that you actually wear western cowboy boots?????

Jjaba

Post Number: 5791
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We are all Detroiters, eh. That's what matters.

jjaba, Westsider.

Detalum
Username: Detalum

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Growing up on the East Side, in neighborhoods that hardly exist now, I never thought much of East Side/West Side. My world was within walking distance or a short drive. A different land was simply a short walk to Hamtramck. Movies … walk over to the Eastown theater. Stores were readily available in the neighborhoods and along Van Dyke to Harper. A car could mean cruising at the A&W and Woods Drive-Ins on Connor near Gratiot. Submarine races … well that meant any private location that could be found or going to the beach (Belle Isle). Special trips to Hudsons or one of the major surrounding stores or theaters meant going “downtown”. They were neither East nor West side. Edgewater Park seemed so far away, that it was like going to another city. And Briggs/Tiger stadium, well that was a special place, not a location.

It wasn’t until I went to high school (Cass Tech – Class of 67) that I started to think of the West Side . Not only because of the 2 buses though West Side areas needed for traveling to and from school, but by the West Siders that I met. They did seem different, although I can’t explain why, other than I remember that more of them were Soc/Frat/Hippy types than I was used to from my East Side Greaser world. They introduced me to such places as Plum Street and the Grande Ballroom. Not to mention the more open-minded attitudes and mini skirts of the girls, which I didn't mind.

Jjaba ... Were you a Beat Generation, Jack Kerouac reading, beatnik type? Some of your interesting posts suggest it. Just wondering.

Goblue

Post Number: 861
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detalum: You captured it well...the Eastside was...it just was...the Westside was just sorta out there...sub races were a dark location and a warm car seat...Briggs/Tiger stadium was so incredibly special...was there ever a greener green than the grass when you first saw the field?...Jjaba was a good guy...for a Westsider...we'll take a vote next week about making him an honorary Eastsider!

Eastside61

Post Number: 681
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

D-lum - Right after attending the eastside HS CT jjaba became a UAW worker at the Chrysler Plant on jefferson and has been there since 1958.......First seat belts and now Brakes.....

D-lum - do you remember a CT English teacher Ms Smith.....? Counselor Ed Varney?.......

The_ed
Username: The_ed

Post Number: 1717
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Bookbird454,
Welcome "Home" to DetroitYES, It's great to be in the company of people
who remember the same things, of such a wonderful time, not so long ago!"

I remember the smell of burning leaves. That really takes me back to my younger years.

Jjaba

Post Number: 5792
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jjaba has always worked, not a beatnik.
He fought hard for civil rights for all Detroiters, and in the 1960s, that was hard work.
All of Detroit benefitted, including Eastsiders with fishing poles and beer bellys.
jjaba.

Eastside61

Post Number: 686
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J - GB and myself did the same ......and we even got in a little fishin' and Stroh's......we felt that those westsiders we did outreach to during the 60's benefitted and were enriched by the Eastside perspective.....

Jjaba

Post Number: 5795
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastside61, any connection with Detroit CORE, Congress of Racial Equality? That was jjaba's group in the 1960s. We had some very successful and interesting campaigns.
jjaba.

Meaghansdad
Username: Meaghansdad

Post Number: 190
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have an appreciation for the drift down historical lane, but the direction has been skewed a bit.

Does anyone care to RETURN to the reasons why Westsiders act as if they are sooo superior to Eastsiders.

I know, I know, long time posters should be able to do whatever they want to, but please do it on another thread.

Thanks!!

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 4106
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sneeches

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 357
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see it the other way. Eastsiders acting superior.

Detalum
Username: Detalum

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES61 ... Ms Smith doesn't ring any bells, but my memory of teachers are vague. Ed Varney, as I recall, was a counselor for the Chem-Bio curriculum.

Jjaba ... Hats off to you, fellow "Technician".

Any "superiority" that I felt usually came from some Westsiders who seemed to be better off financially.

Jjaba

Post Number: 5798
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 12:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detalum, welcome to The Forum. You can exclude jjaba from the Westside financial superiority. Just because they live in Indian Village next door to Edsel Ford, doesn't mean they still can't guzzle a six-pack of Shrohs in less than an hr.

jjaba.

Jrvass

Post Number: 358
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-)

Jjaba

Jrvass

Post Number: 359
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There wasn't a Woodward when my family came here.

East/West? What?

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5965
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 1:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL at Meaghansdad... sorry to say but starting a thread is no guarantee it's going to stay the way you want it to. Threads are organic... they evolve and have a life of their own.

I guess most east/west side folks don't buy into the one side is more superior than the other angle, except in a whimsical way.

Jjaba

Post Number: 5800
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jjaba met Gistok in an elevator downtown. Where ya live? Eastside says he.
I'm sorry, says he.

jjaba met Goblue in a dorm room at WMU.
Where ya live at? Eastside says he.
I'm sorry, says he.

Detroit soldiers meet in foxholes in Europe, WW II. Where ya from, soldier?
Where I'm from? Eastside.
I'm sorry.

jjaba, it's way back there in our brains out of ignorance. Never comtempt, just plain ignorance.