Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » ::: Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal ::: Mega Thread » Archive of Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal » Wild Thought on Carilta « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Maf_omac
Username: Maf_omac

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it conceivable that Carlita had Strawberry killed? Or even Christine "Do you know who the fuck I am?" Beatty?

Westsiiiide
Username: Westsiiiide

Post Number: 95
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is what is so mysterious about this whole saga. We just don't know, anything can be possible with this continuous scandal. Anything.

I'm on pins and needles every single day when a "breaking story" comes on the news.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2454
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the forum, but that is a strange question. Of course it is conceivable. It is also conceivable that the hit was carried out for reasons completely unrelated to the Kilpatrick administration or the alleged party of which there is no credible evidence.
It is entirely possible that, despite the musings of a squadron of speculative persons scuffling around in this forum, Ms. Greene's murder occurred for reasons about which none of us have, or ever will have, even the tiniest shred of knowledge.
I would suggest the disregarding of posts entered by forum members who employ such ambiguous, and wholly weightless, terms such as "according to my sources."
My above statements are not intended to imply that I believe that nobody in "city hall" has any knowledge about this case; in fact, I tend to believe that the opposite is true. I'm just saying that, by posing the question you posed, you are issuing an open invitation for more of the same worthless horse manure to which we, on this topic, have already been subjected.
But, it appears that you are a first-time participant, so I'm not trying to scold you so much as give you a heads-up along with a sincere welcome.

Maf_omac

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi:
Thanks for the welcome. I grew up in detroit (7-mile/Livernois area) but now the Lord has me living in Long Beach, CA. I have been reading the Freep and the News for the 411 on this case as much as I can. So you can imagine how happy I am to find that there is something like this - and not on Craigslist.

Having said that, why doesn't any one mention the other stripper who was at the party? And are there any other associated deaths with this?

Ravine

Post Number: 2457
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maf_omac, your last two questions assume facts not found in evidence. There is no basis for mentioning "the other stripper" because as far as verifiable facts are concerned, "the party" never occurred, so to mention Ms. Greene, or another stripper, in connection to it is, at this time, a fruitless puff of hot air.
Same thing with your second question. You can't have "other associated deaths with this" when A) you don't have any factually associated deaths, and B) you don't even have a "this."
Reading this article from today's Detroit Free Press may help you to see what I mean:
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20080713/COL 27/807130570&GID=+fuLrBUHHaZ3b 6DKafh+ZkU+FZMTFVyCS/ewfYofCKY %3D

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 100
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're right Maf_omac. There was a mention as far back as 2003 of another dancer who was murdered in Atlanta.

Remember, he said that he didn't fire Gary and then said he didn't have any affairs with anyone also.

So there has been conversations between City employees, police officers, dancers who are afraid to talk to the State Police, Detroit Police or anyone about the dancer's murder and/or the "Party", vs the money swindling Kilpatrick administration trying to squash the text messages and anybody from talking.

Maf_omac

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sorry that my questions seem to hit nerves of others on this board.

Nothing I write will ever correct for the flaws of this mishandeled investigation. But my questions hope to remind others of wholistic inconsistencies of KK that get often left by the wayside.

Can we agree that there was a party?

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 101
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I first heard the rumor from a veteran police officer who has retired and moved to Las Vegas, I believe that there was a party.

Police officers have no reason to make up sensational stories, they have seen and lived them for many years.

Ravine

Post Number: 2459
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maf_omac, if you are feeling as though you have hit my nerves, fear not; that is not the case, at all. I will, however, verify that the killing of Tamara Greene is an issue which does, indeed, hit a particular nerve of mine, so perhaps you are picking up on a degree of intensity, on my part, while discussing that subject.

I'm presuming that you read the article I linked?

So, we can discuss things we have heard, read, smelled, intuited, or picked up over radiowaves transmitted into our metal dental fillings as much as we want, but-- sorry, Westsiiiide, I'm not trying to back-hand you, here, either-- given the remarkable absence of any verifiable evidence entered into, and remaining on, public or court record, no, we cannot agree that there was a party.

Again: I stress the fact that we are not on opposite sides of this issue.

Maf_omac

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Today's ruling shouldn't be considered as a win for Kwame, because the Judge will have to go through all of the text messages to determine which one's can't be objected to (i.e. messages from Kwame to Carlita).

Ravine

Post Number: 2461
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And by the way, Maf_omac, regarding your question on another thread about how many shots, the Detroit News, on their website (Detnews.com), published the autopsy report. I had it bookmarked, but it was lost in a transition we went through here at House Ravine, so I can't post it, but I'm sure you could find it if you really want to see it.
Be reminded that a lot of the stuff you are bringing up is discussed-- at great length-- on other threads found within this Mega-Thread. If you are really all that curious about the Party/Tamara Greene issues, try to set aside some time to poke around through those threads.

Doing so will also show you what I mean when I imply that there are a lot of folks, in this forum, whose pressing, urgent need to speak up runs at an extreme inverse ratio to the amount of worthwhile knowledge and/or information which they possess and/or share.

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 102
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No offense taken Ravine. I only have the words of co-workers. I have no first hand knowledge of a party.

I first heard the "rumor" in 2002 at work.

I also feel passionately about violence against women. And I am saddened about still another apparent cover-up. I lost a coworker who was murdered after she had a baby by a married homicide detective. Her murder has never solved. "Someone" saw a masked gunman fire shots into her car window (with the baby in the car seat) but no arrests were ever made.

If I can find the news article, I will attempt to post it.

Maf_omac

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't see Giles being biased towards Kwame - because he hasn't ruled out the messages to be admitted. He is right to limit the scope of the messages to only those relating to Kwame and CB.

While I partially agree with you Ravine, you have to remember, Detroit is our collective home. And home is something that never really leaves you. Given this state of this post 911 world, you do what you can to protect it. If Detroiters were so apathetic as you would believe in the Freep Puck section, then there wouldn't be this board and the number of it's associated posts. I have read a lot of the comments here - and the passion behind the comments made.

Wouldn't it be funny if we found "evidence" of the actual party and/or the second stripper (who the hell only uses one stripper) from this forum?

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1513
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dead strippers don't talk.

Maf_omac

Post Number: 42
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am vindicated - as there is now discussion of a 2nd and 3rd stripper

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: