Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » The Start of an Urban Garden and Neighbourhood Gathering Place » Archive through July 17, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 701
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub- Partay still on?

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 592
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As of this moment, Yes. The radar looks good for a clear up and I have not gotten a cancellation call yet.

Pgn421

Post Number: 702
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

good. We will see you there!

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 1294
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Cub, Im supposed to call gannon to wake him up and come pick me up. My phone died and I left my cord at the folks house. I have no way to call him If you, or anyone could call him and tell him Im at home Id appreciate it. Otherwise Ill just ride over to your place Cub. Im close, just wanted to pick something up on the way to pass around.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13393
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TMI, but I'm awake now.

Jonesin' for a caffeine kick-start, though, last night was amazing.

Django

Post Number: 1295
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is TMI and are you picking me up or not???

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 268
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry I couldn't make it Cub...wanted to meet everyone, but I had too much work to do today. Hope to get there soon!

Pgn421

Post Number: 703
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CUB- THANKS! it was good to see old faces and meet new people. Gannon,Django! The garden looks great.

Gannon

Post Number: 13396
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TMI is Too Much Information...heh.

Great time today, glad the rain went away...hope it comes back another day.

What amazing people...the Greening Gals are the bestest, I love their earthiness.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2451
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like there is more than one type of weeding going on at these garden parties.

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 674
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub-

Sorry we couldn't make it. We got tied-up at the Fort today until 5 with the guys from the Wayne County Mounted Division, who came out to represent for us. After the first rain in the morning, the crowds went away, so we got a chance to spend some time with Rel walking around and touring the various buildings.

MrsRes and I are looking forward to seeing y' all tomorrow, and we hope the rain didn't wash you out completely. Sounds like it didn't and the party was a success, as I knew it would be!

Take care my brother!

Cub

Post Number: 593
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No Thank You Pgn, Mrs. Pgn, Gannon, and Django.
I have to say you guys missed a nice time in the Garden but you could have only made it better. You will see me in the morning Res.
Bluidone, I hope to meet you soon.
Ravine, what is that suppose to mean?

(Message edited by cub on July 12, 2008)

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2453
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just speculating about what Django was intending to pass around, and if that matter was related to Gannon's "TMI" admonishment... None of my beeswax, really; just goofing.

Django

Post Number: 1299
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i was sooo so tired today for the BBQ I wasnt even able to hit on the greening grls. Damn. Im goin to bed now. You all wish me better luck next time.

Cubs garden puts mine to shame. The man has it goin on. I barely saw a weed in the entire half acre hes got growin. Hope everyone will check it out, and hopefully grown there own. Cubs truly an inspiration.

Cub

Post Number: 594
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Django and thank you for the additions to the sculptures.
Ravine, he was talking about passing a dish. It was a potluck BBQ(no pun intended)LMAO!

Gannon

Post Number: 13399
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 12:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine,

This is specifically a family neighborhood event, so there was none of the extra-curricular stuff happening at all. (I know that is a shock to some of y'all that I could muster any self-control, it shocks me too.)

I don't want to mess with Cub's future political calling...and don't even want to have both his mother and grandmother lining up to kick my ass.

For the record, though, there wasn't even any alcohol at the picnic until Django and I got back from the store...and yes, we passed it around.

Cheers

Django

Post Number: 1300
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 2:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub, I think Ravine was referring to the plant otherwise known as "dumbass".

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 452
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 2:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IF the "dumbass" plant pops back up i,d better have my 16 yr old check it out, wonder what the former owner of my house grew, besides Bud Light caps and broken glass. I,M glad the BBQ went well.

Cub

Post Number: 598
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some Bar-b-que pictures at
Myspace.com/georgiastcommunity garden

Cub

Post Number: 599
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just saw about ten sugar snap peas that were not there saturday. A tomatillo, a bunch of chili and jalapeno peppers and some nice looking buds on the egg plants.
More pics on the myspace.com/georgiastcommunity garden page

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 2317
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub - it was so good to finally meet you at Fort Wayne yesterday. We had such a history lesson from Plymouthres, my head is still spinning from all the knowledge he has. WOW!, eh?

Anyway, I've been following this thread all along and been wishing you good luck with the crops.

I've been wanting to see for myself what all you've done, so next time my husband and I get across the border we are going to do a drive by and take a gander at the gardens. As I mentioned early on the thread, that is the neighborhood where I was raised. I do like to come by there every now and again and have a peek around.

Anyway, good meeting you :-)- and all the others. Hope we meet again sometime.

Cub

Post Number: 600
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was very happy to meet you too Erie and the family. Please let me know when you are coming so I can make sure I am around. You and Blueidone are sweethearts and I cant wait to see the two of you again.

Scs100, It was great meeting you and your family also. Keep up the good work my young friend and I hope to see you again soon.

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 463
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 1:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub, the garden is looking good, much better then my last visit. Can,t belive them Pumpkins, mine never took. Next year i,ll try raised beds also.

Stromberg2
Username: Stromberg2

Post Number: 90
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Cub, wanted to make BBQ the other day, couldn't get up there due to errands and crap, will stop by one of these Saturdays. Garden looks great!!

Stromberg2

Plymouthres

Post Number: 691
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awesome, just awesome, Cub. You are a great guy and I am very happy to have met you. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself at the Fort on Sunday, and I look forward to you coming down again.

You got to help MrsRes with the pumpkin growing, though, as we hardly ever get any good ones. Our corn, though....wow!

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 9405
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub,
I'm posting this here because I need to remind myself to find that pepper relish recipe and since my life is still divided between two houses, writing notes to myself is futile.

I'm finally finishing up packing up the basement stuff, and ran across a jar of that relish far outdated. When I find that recipe again, I'll give it to you. Great on burgers!

Cub

Post Number: 604
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok Jams.
After yesterdays heat and humidity and last nights rains some yellow squash have decided to say hello along with some yellow and green beans.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 712
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I picked and ate some green beans the other night and they were awesome! Nice Green peppers coming in, and over two dozen ears of corn, too!

Now, if we could get those pumpkins poppin!

Cub

Post Number: 606
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have some huge flowers on the pumpkins and theres a bunch. I got a picture of a teeny tiny baby watermelon on the myspace.
myspace.com/georgiastcommunity garden

Django

Post Number: 1373
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub, any fallen chunks of concrete yet?