Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » ::: Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal ::: Mega Thread » Archive of Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal » White Women « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 545
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Kym Worthy amended charges against Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, accusing the mayor of lying about other previously unreported extramarital affairs."
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20080722/NEW S01/80722080

Kwame responded by stating that Worthy "hopes that the racism in the region will convict him instead of the issues of the law and justice”.
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20080722/NEW S01/80722052

After hearing him say that I came to the conclusion that He may have had an affair with a white woman. If Worthy can produce a white mistress, Kwame's remaining support in the city will quickly evaporate. Young black women ages 18-35 have supported Kwame through thick and thin. However, I doubt they'll overlook an indiscretion with a white woman.

Richard_bak
Username: Richard_bak

Post Number: 91
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting. I had the same thought after reading the articles.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 3323
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Umm... Huh?

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 2738
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Paging Ms. Slowsky."

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 653
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not about WHO he was having booty calls with, it's about the lies on the stand. It wouldn't matter to me if the person were black or white, red or yellow... guilty is guilty.

English
Username: English

Post Number: 753
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Buyamerican, methinks you've missed the point of the thread.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 183
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Really Jonesy?

18-35 yr old black women can over-look all of his lies and stealing but if they find out he boinked a white woman, then all bets are off?

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1544
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The OJ jury didn't think so.

Where is Johnny Chocran and Robert Kardashian and Robert Shapiro and F. Lee Bailey and Alan Dershowitz. Where is the Mayors Dream Team?
How can this outrage go on any longer?
No Justice No Peace.

OMG a white woman, what did she look like?

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1023
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ha ha...you might be right

Jonesy

Post Number: 546
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thames, most of the young black women I have talked with, or have seen interviewed, believe his indiscretions are between him and his wife and none of our business. They also conveniently overlook his lying on the stand. So they don't care whether he committed a crime or not.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1025
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jonesy, that is a damn shame too because I have a friend who has a cluster of girlfriends who feel the same way too. It bothered me to even begin to talk about it with them because of the ignorance they spoke of.

All educated women who should know better but obviously didn't. These are the ppl who will continue to vote for him and that is the sad part.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 184
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jonesy and Mrsjdaniels, that is a damn shame.

KK ruined the good names and the stellar careers of at least two (black) men and his antics went well beyond the scope of just him and his wife.

I do not understand how other people do not understand that. Doesn't it make you crazy?

Jonesy

Post Number: 547
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agreed Thames.

Mschievous
Username: Mschievous

Post Number: 110
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On Monday, July 21, approximately 50 women in New York, who called themselves "Women of Independent Means" mostly from Abysinnian Baptist Church, marched in their high heel shoes, church lady hats and purses in front of The New Yorker Magazine to demonstrate their dissatisfaction with the cover depicting Michelle and Barack Obama as militant, flag-burning, rifle toting, anti-Americans. What better way to say..."YOU MISSED IT NEW YORKER"...

Now's our chance to do the same here in Detroit. We need to organize ourselves to march around the Coleman A. Young Municipal Building in the same manner. If you will join us, please state so by email, phone, carrier pigeon...we'd love to have your support...There will be no speeches, no identifications, nothing but a sign that will read..."JUST RESIGN"

If you are a man who has received this, please pass it on to your wife.

Snoringbeagle
Username: Snoringbeagle

Post Number: 32
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ulGdqcez2JM

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 307
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 1:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mschievous
What time what day??
I'll find a Church Hatted lady to go with me.

Mschievous
Username: Mschievous

Post Number: 111
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The date & time has not been posted yet. As soon as I get it, I'll post it on Dyes under the title "Women of Independent Means". Hope to see all there

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 567
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now's our chance to do the same here in Detroit. We need to organize ourselves to march around the Coleman A. Young Municipal Building in the same manner. If you will join us, please state so by email, phone, carrier pigeon...we'd love to have your support...There will be no speeches, no identifications, nothing but a sign that will read..."JUST RESIGN"

Not to throw water on your idea, but hasn't this been done before? How many protests and rallies has he ignored so far? He. Doesn't. Care.

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: