Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » :::Tiger Stadium: Memories, Demolition & Saving Part of It::: » Ticket Counter Potential Use? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 1314
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I honestly have no special memories of Tiger Stadium. So I haven't been keeping up with the discussions on it. Still, I do feel for those that do have fond memories there.

Anyway, regardless of what happens to the rest of the stadium, I like some of your ideas about keeping the ticket counter. I don't see that tiny piece of corner that the booth now occupies ever having a use, or future structure being built there. I kind of think that that is one of the top priorities of everyone's efforts. A new awning and such... and you could have a walk up window similar to the downtown crepe stand, or a small burger or ice cream stand. It would be a nice addition to the area (in my opinion).

Just my two cents.

Catman_dude
Username: Catman_dude

Post Number: 285
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe the stand can sell ballpark franks, popcorn, and beer like Tiger Stadium used to sell. Can even be a souvenir stand of Tiger Stadium stuff. But of course, don't want to take business away from the museum if the conservation group is successful in saving part of the stadium.

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 1019
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the ticket booth was only added in the 1990's so it doesn't hold much in terms of historical context but may make a nice concession stand.