Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » :::Tiger Stadium: Memories, Demolition & Saving Part of It::: » Stadium strikes back! Trumbull to close « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1409
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lost in all of the mayor-to-jail news today: They tore down the centerfield scoreboard and part of it FELL ON TRUMBULL. There are two cop cars, and people from MDOT were up there filming it to see if any more fell. They said Trumbull will have to be closed between Michigan and the Fisher service drive if demo is to continue.

ALSO, because of the halt in centerfield, they have started demolition on Tiger Plaza at the corner of Michigan and Trumbull.

I have pictures that I'll post both to www.buildingsofdetroit.com and to Photobucket, which I will link to a bit later tonight.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1411
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20080807/NEW S01/80807036

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 8038
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

“Parts of it hit the truck: it hit the tires and pulled the bed of the truck down, but he kept going,” Shemanski said about a small, dark-colored older pick-up truck driving on Trumbull between the I-75 service drive and Michigan Avenue.

LOL! Sounds like someone doesn't have insurance.