Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » ::: Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal ::: Mega Thread » Handing out lawyer grades « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Maf_omac
Username: Maf_omac

Post Number: 64
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So now that this is (about) over, who deserves an A or F for their law expertise efforts?

Foxyscholar
Username: Foxyscholar

Post Number: 251
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Granholm gets an A++ She handled that courtroom with such ease and confidence and knowledge and expertise.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3534
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jennifer Granhol -

A+ for eventual performance

F- for initial effort

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3535
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jennifer Granholm -

A+ for eventual performance

F- for initial effort

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 253
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McFail!

Maf_omac

Post Number: 67
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about $700 Dan Webb? Or James "I-was-stuck-in-traffic" Thomas?

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5031
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Webb gets an Incomplete

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 224
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Or James "I-was-stuck-in-traffic" Thomas?" His full name is:

James "I-was-stuck-in-traffic, can we wrap this up by four, can I go pee, I need more time than that for lunch" Thomas. He's a real judge pleaser.

Ndmom
Username: Ndmom

Post Number: 178
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought Mayer Morganroth acted professionally any time I saw him interviewed. I have no idea what he's done for CB tho. He did elude to the fact a few days ago that he was working for her free.
Edit - Let me revise this a little. He was a little mouthy in the beginning. Bring it on...we're ready.

(Message edited by ndmom on September 03, 2008)

Maf_omac

Post Number: 70
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A++ to Kym Worthy. (I'll withdraw the plusses if she allows him to agree to less than 6 months in Jail though).

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 636
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 2:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll second that "A-plus" for Granholm..she needs to be running a courtroom instead of a state on a regular basis.

McPhail gets a "D-minus." I simply do NOT believe this silly woman..from her attempted buttering up of the gov to her ill-considered slander of the city council, her opening speech was a train wreck..and she simply got worse every time she opened her mouth.

Jim Thomas gets a "C." He's doing the best he can given the crappy hand he's got to work with..all he's got is delay, delay, delay, and he's doing that at every opportunity. If I was a guilty crook, I'd want this guy in my corner..I think the city is VERY lucky that Kwame's got shit for a case, 'cuz if this guy had something to run with, he'd take it to the end zone on every play.

Stefani gets a "D." I know he's only a witness in this case, but DAMN, I'm flat out amazed that a guy with a crappy memory like this is even IN the legal profession..he's been led to every answer like a goat on a rope, and still fails to recall pertinent facts that should have been drummed into his head over the past eight months. He and McPhail are damned near a match for each other..

Bill Goodman "B+." I really WANT to give him a better grade..and hopefully will be able to do so tomorrow when he's working with different witnesses who aren't wringing him out like Stefani did. He's doing the job, but not really exhibiting the verbal skills and fervor that he's been displaying outside of the hearing for the past six months or so.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7704
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 8:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YAY GRANHOLM! A+++++++ in my list. McFAILED needs to take a big break from politics and legal system and make some improvements for her next case. For the way she's acting nobody wants to hire her for certian cases.

Mama_jackson
Username: Mama_jackson

Post Number: 445
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McFail was stalling for time, she knew they were talking up a deal and she didn't want her interogation (sp) to start into information important to Worthy's case against KK. She behaved as she should, and I think she is a sharp lawyer. Better than the others KK has. Just my opinion.

Granholm gets an A+, and I am proud to have her representing our state nationwide.

Maf_omac

Post Number: 72
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I give Jim Thomas a C+ - given the fact that he was consistent and had a difficult client. I wonder if he knows that he probably won't get paid.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 37
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Watch some lawyers from the city who were in on the cop's lawsuit get sued and (or) get reprimanded for their part in the charade. Johnson, McCargo etc.

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 945
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Norm Yatouma - Incomplete. Will he prove KK knocked off the dancer?

Maf_omac

Post Number: 80
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Johnson - will probably be disbarred; McCargo maybe reprimanded - but it sounds like he was misled by Kilpatrick from the beginning.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 8704
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jim Thomas failed miserably. Sure he's representing a guilty weasel and really didn't have any room to negotiate but simple things like showing up on time he failed to do. When admonished by the judge for being late and not calling in on his cell phone, it spoke volumes of his professionalism. And I'm not sure if anyone caught Granholm scolding him yesterday but when she adjourned for an hour lunch at 12:20- he requested that the lunch go until 1:30 citing that he had other cases to attend to. That's not the kind of attorney I'd want representing me! it's just these little petty bouts that I saw him fail at that makes me question his professionalism in the court room.

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 1082
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard that Mateo and Thomas were in the Caucus club drowning their sorrow in drink today. Wonder if they will get paid...

Maf_omac

Post Number: 81
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ellen Ha - A+ for her testimony on the stand yesterday about the FOIA and confidentiality agreements.

Maf_omac

Post Number: 90
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Christine Beatty's attorneys - for right now - get an F.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 576
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goodman deserves an A. I would hope Mayor Cockrel offers him a position in the city law offices. He would be a great help cleaning out the dirt.

Think he would adopt me?

Maf_omac

Post Number: 98
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I give worthy an A+ - i would have gone A++ if she could have stuck to the 180 days sentences that she originally planned.

CB's attorneys - A+ for running up their bill on CB, F for service to their client - (they got the same deal that was out there 3 months ago).

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 443
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

An earlier deal offered her only 90 days in jail, so I think they actually get an F-

"In September, prosecutors withdrew a deal that would have had Beatty, plead guilty to two felonies, spend 90 days in jail, receive five years probation and pay at least $100,000 in restitution."

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20081201/METRO 01/812010404

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: