Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » ::: Detroit Mayor Election Mega Thread II ::: » Freman Hendrix meeting info (mayoral campaign organizational meeting, perhaps?) « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 347
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A CALL TO ACTION
ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING

To All,
Freman Hendrix is hosting A Call to Action Organizational Meeting on Monday, September 22, 2008, 7:00PM to 9:00PM at the North Rosedale Park Community Center located at 18445 Scarsdale, Detroit, Michigan (Map and Internet link below).

It’s time for us to take action. Get energized and come out and meet with Freman. Your support and participation at this meeting is important and necessary. Tell your friends, family and neighbors that we are on the move.

Get the buzz going and Pass the word…

What: A Call to Action Organizational Meeting
When: Monday, September 22, 2008
Time: 7:00PM to 9:00PM
Where: North Rosedale Park Community Center located at 18445 Scarsdale, Detroit, MI

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7742
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NO WAY! He was a NO SHOW at the last meeting.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1677
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boo. Give Bing a chance for C___ Sakes. Freeman already blew it once I think because he was uninspiring and, from what I hear, REALLY not nice. Let's not go through that again.

(Message edited by quinn on September 15, 2008)

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 479
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where's ol Freeman been during this whole scandal shenanigans? He's been awfully quiet...

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 10355
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If he is quiet he will be attacked as not caring. If he speaks out he will be attacked for being opportunistic. The guy just can't win.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1274
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I find it laughable how many people on this forum think a) Bing is a messiah and b) He has a better chance than others of winning.

I think this is now Cockrel's election to lose. If he can execute in the next few months, there isn't a reason for Bing to run as some sort of savior. After all, is the point of a Bing candidacy that everything's so broken and only a self-limited to one term mayor with no previous political office can fix it?

People also forget Ken Cockrel has major name recognition - his dad was a legend in the community.

As to Freman - he has the power Dennis Kucinich had when he got elected - he can run ad after ad about how he was right.

I like Mr. Bing as a person. But he's in for a beating as a candidate with this electorate.

Norm
Username: Norm

Post Number: 113
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quinn,

As someone who actually knows Mr. Hendrix personally, I can tell you that the exact opposite is true - he is an extremely nice man.

Registeredguest
Username: Registeredguest

Post Number: 422
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Norm,

As someone who actually met Mr. Hendrix personally on multiple occasions, I can tell you that the exact opposite is true - he can come across as very rude and condescending.

Also, his grasp of city department functions, inefficiencies and the reforms needed to make them work is surprisingly meager for that of a former deputy mayor.

Mschievous
Username: Mschievous

Post Number: 258
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and in case you wondered what Benny Napoleon was doing that night. They'll be coming out of the woodwork now.

"Save the date, Monday, September 22, 2008. Benny would like to meet with you and anybody you think may want to hear about his plans to run for Mayor of the City of Detroit, before he makes his formal announcement. You do not have to be a resident of Detroit to attend this meeting. Invite your family and friends, everyone is welcome.

Greater Grace Temple, 23500 W. 7 Mi Rd. Detroit, MI 48223

Date Monday September 22, 2008

Time 6:00 PM Sharp"

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11865
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't mind Quinn, she's just pissed that her candidate got locked up. Pretty sure she was initially a McFail supporter too.

Eric_c
Username: Eric_c

Post Number: 1277
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The fact that we actually have an opportunity to potentially choose from the likes of Bing or Hendrix is like a breath of fresh air.

And, yes Freman is a very nice person.

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 622
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Freman is a good person...and if the truth ever comes out, actually won the last Mayoral election.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1406
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To those who wonder...Freman has a job as the VP of Govt Affairs at EMU...he is loved in Lansing too BTW

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 6240
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, that's kind of like saying that someone is loved by Washington. I wouldn't advertise that. lol

BTW, I can't believe some of the comments about Hendrix, on here. Just a few years ago everyone was practically french-kissing him.

(Message edited by lmichigan on September 16, 2008)

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1866
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 4:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope Freeman is a prick, a mean heartless soulless prick. A man who could stomp puppies and not be fazed.

We need such a man.

Because the job he is about to start is going to require just such traits. A friendly, backslapping wanna-be-your-friend type of person will be crushed by the amount of evil stuff he going to have to do.

The City needs a cold, heartless man to right this ship of state; we are in serious financial straits and we don't need a glad-hander.

I just don't know if Freeman is mean enough to do the dirty work.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1678
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 7:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you really want to start up again with this shit, supersport? Or any of you other Freman losers who are still pissed your angry, bitter, talentless candidate couldn't even pull it out against the most unpopular mayor we've ever had since cavanaugh?

You can talk all you want...doesn't change history.

BTW, Bing was initially favored to win in 1991. Anyone know why he didn't run then?

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11866
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quinn,

Hendrix simply couldn't pull the dead vote like the Kwamster could.

http://kwamekilpatrick.ytmnd.com/

(Message edited by supersport on September 16, 2008)

Gnome

Post Number: 1867
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quinn, are you actually proud that you helped elect Kwame Kilpatrick? Are you still dancing over his narrow victory over Freeman Hendrix?

You seem to take a measure of pleasure in electing a man who in the face of overwhelming evidence chose to plead guilty instead of facing a trial.

I can understand voting for the guy. Heck, The Felon has compelling speaking style and Freeman has all the charm of cold oatmeal; but in the final analysis don't you think we would have been spared the last 12 months of nightmares if Mr. Hendrix had won in 2005.

With Helmut we would have been spared:
- Sharon Mcphail's antics
- Whistleblower Trial
- 9 million settlement
- Ella Bully-Cummings
- Matt Allen
- Kandia Milton and all the rest of the GED earning mayoral appointees

Quinn, are you really proud of having helped The Felon get elected a second time?

English
Username: English

Post Number: 815
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With Helmut we would have been spared:
- Whistleblower Trial
- 9 million settlement

Actually, I believe these might have happened in some fashion even if Hendrix was mayor. The wrongdoing occurred during KK's 1st term.

Gnome

Post Number: 1868
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

English, true, but you fail to remember that the City was offered a $200,000 settlement and re-instatement of Brown and Nelthrope so they could retire with larger pensions.

With Helmut at the reigns, I seriously doubt he would have dug in his heels like The Felon did.

It was the digging-in-of-heels that cost soooo much trouble.

7miledog
Username: 7miledog

Post Number: 51
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone attend, and if so, what did you think?

Pkbroch
Username: Pkbroch

Post Number: 138
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FYI. This came as news to me.

http://www.asispc.com/hendrix_ bio.html