Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » ::: Detroit Mayor Election Mega Thread II ::: » Napoleon refuses to rule out McPhail in his administration « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3459
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On the Mildred Gaddis show, Benny Napoleon refused to rule out Sharon McPhail as apart of his administration, citing "inclusiveness" as apart of his theme for Detroit's future.

He further stated Detroit's need to bring together its talent to move the city forward.

Interested in your thoughts...

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 374
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think his window of opportunity for this particular position is closed.

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 124
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brining together Detroit's talent should automatically eliminate Sharon McPhail

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 1196
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Many people called the show and told him that they could not support him if he "included" McPhail in any aspect of his campaign.

I agreed with his (and Mildred's) assessment that we can't paint all of Kilpatrick's appointees or supporters with the same brush, but it was obvious that McPhail is a lightening rod.

He might want to rethink her involvement, on any level.

Townonenorth
Username: Townonenorth

Post Number: 174
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He might rethink HIS involvement, as well.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 140
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He has his chance and now it's over. Having McFail on your team is like having a anchor dropped when you want to sail away.

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 401
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sharon McPhail reminds me of the press secretary for the former Iraqi government who, despite all evidence to the contrary, denied the obvious. She's a symptom of the past regime, only in it for themselves.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 377
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When you work for someone especially in a high profile position and there is PR involved, you have to spin negative information in order to put the best light on your boss. Now some people are better at it than others, but that is what you need to do to keep your job.

Now whether she really believed what she was saying is another issue. I believe Benny knows she was doing her job and didn't necessary believe all she was telling the public. Thats why he's not so quick to dismiss her in his administration.

I just happen to believe that the people have spoken as far as his running for mayor, and he would be a longshot at best.

Crosswordgirl
Username: Crosswordgirl

Post Number: 151
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mcphail has already proven that she is willing to jump on anyone's bandwagon,irrespective to character, as long as she is getting PAID in one way or another. sharon mcphail is for sharon mcphail. period. to not see that as a character problem is a mistake.

9936sussex
Username: 9936sussex

Post Number: 188
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard that interview this morning as well. It was interesting how quickly Mildred cut the interview after Mr. Napoleon mentioned that he could not rule out anyone. I agree with Mildred and a lot of her callers---McPhail has had her chance (several chances, at that) and has proven to be incompetent and very fickle.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1191
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dont care who she knows or what she knows. The bottom line is that she is incompetent. We need a fresh start with some intelligent people not the same recycled crap.

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 793
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McFail is a liar just like thug KK is a liar. She speaks out of both sides of her mouth...whatever she needs to say to further her career or whatever she needs to say to further thug KK's efforts, she would do. She isn't able to be autonomous and hangs on to whatever tail she can to further herself.

If I were Cockrel and heard that Napoleon was intending (or even thinking of) to put her BACK on the payroll, I would step in and use my executive privileges to kick her a$$ out!

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1412
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You have Ken Cockrel coming out of the gate doing thoughtful, quiet, business-like work.

You have Dave Bing bringing success from multiple arenas and a record of devotion to this city.

Why the hell would anyone vote for Napoleon or anyone associated with Sharon McPhail?

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 6276
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with Crosswordgirl, assessment. For me, it's not that McPhail is exceptionally incompetent, and as has been said, too, you can't paint everyone involved with Kilpatrick's administration with the same brush.

The problem is that she's a job-hopper, plain and simple. You can't count on her to stick things out, or at least to stick to one thing. It'd have been different if she'd gotten better with each appointment and each election, and then perhaps that would combat the perception of her as an ultra opportunist, but that never happened. She got worse with each passing job, IMO, and that can not be overlooked or painted over.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 153
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She's another fine example of the Peter Principal at work.

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 770
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He is a relative, and I must call him to advise him not to do this.......duh!

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 220
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Benny and Sharon. What a match made in heaven. I just hope they aren't foisted upon us.