Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » ::: Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal ::: Mega Thread » Records: Ddonors, Contracts, Crooks and Liars. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 2608
Posted on Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.detroitnews.com/app s/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/200810 19/UPDATE/810190329

• Kilpatrick often relied on longtime political operative Emma Bell to set up sessions with business people who benefited from no-bid contracts and, in one case, got the inside track to buying surplus city property. Bell, whom Kilpatrick has paid more than $400,000 since 2005, did not return phone calls.

• No one got more face time with Kilpatrick than Manuel "Matty" Moroun, the enigmatic trucking magnate and owner of the Ambassador Bridge. They met 11 times in 2006 and 2007.

"fund-raising" with Lakeshore Engineering, which had been awarded more than $24 million in no-bid construction contracts since Kilpatrick took office. Less than a year after the May 30, 2007, meeting, the city moved its police Central District into a building it got from Lakeshore as part of a $34 million, no-bid lease.
The building, which also houses offices for U.S. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, was bought from the state for $2 million.

The disgraced scumbag former mayor (I won't use his name again) got off very light for stealing so much money from the city and for committing so many crimes while in office.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 322
Posted on Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not over. Now that's he out of office he can no longer hide his dirt, and more charges will be forthcoming.

I was called about a position with Lakeshore Engineering that I turned down due to the commute. Good to know that was the right decision, if they're cohorts of Kwame, we wouldn't have worked out anyway. My dislike for that man would have likely cost me the job at some point, like when the Feds announce their indictments and I'm the only one in the office to squeal with glee....

Gplimpton
Username: Gplimpton

Post Number: 255
Posted on Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yawn...where was this a year ago?

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2000
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 6:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'vebeen screaming about Lakeshore Engineering for almost a year.

The article fails to mention that The Felon used the building on Woodward and Grand Blvd for his re-election HQ. It fails to mention that the wife of the second in command at Lakeshore was on The Felon's staff. It fails to mention a huge hole where almost a million dollars disappeared into called the Flynn Pavillion on Belle Isle.

From Tech Town to the Pentagon, Lakeshore has been on the recieving end of some very generous deals. Mamma K, Pappa K, Sister K and Special K have been at that trough for a long, long time.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 805
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I pray all the funds used for these purposes are audited and those using the funds are prosecuted.

Anyone on this forum know if there is a hope for some sort of audit and restitution? Or, is it a lost cause?

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: